-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kuiu attack pants.... IMHO, you needn't shop any further.

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RedRabbit
For those that like the KUIU pants, they have their solid color outerwear 25% off for a Fathers day sale.

Let's see. I buy an expensive piece of gear, Kuiu Attack pants, and one week later they go on sale for $38 dollars less that what I paid last week...yep, that's about right.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All this reading got me to buy a pair of Microtex pants from cabelas, wife said it was my early father's day present. I've got a long inseam(36) so the unfinished hem will be perfect, I never can get hunting pants long enough. I got the outfitters camo and almost pulled the trigger on the microtex jacket and then opted for the outfitters fleece with wind shear. We'll see how it works I guess.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by snubbie
For those that like the KUIU pants, they have their solid color outerwear 25% off for a Fathers day sale.

Let's see. I buy an expensive piece of gear, Kuiu Attack pants, and one week later they go on sale for $38 dollars less that what I paid last week...yep, that's about right.

I bought the Kuiu Chugach Rainwear 2 weeks ago and the same thing happened, it's on sale for 25% less for their Fathers Day sale barely a week after receiving my rainwear. A difference of nearly $200!!!! I'm a blue collar guy and need to save my nickels just like everyone else for top gear. I have purchased a fair amount of products from Kuiu and I felt a bit stung about it since I had been waiting and saving for the solid colors to become available for quite some time. The solid color rainwear just became available in olive and no one mentioned at the time I ordered my gear it would be on sale a week later, so I called them up yesterday afternoon to politely voice a complaint and express my feelings. The sales folks didn't know at the time I had ordered my gear it would go on sale a week later either. She explained to me that they aren't aware of a sale until after Jason Hairston (owner) announces it and a little bit more about how their direct sales program works.
After talking to the sales person for a few minutes, she went back and discussed it with Jason and they are refunding back to me the difference!!!!
I mentioned on another thread how much I like their gear and more importantly how great the customer service is, I look forward to continuing my relationship with them and purchasing more products as they become available, they have certainly earned my respect and future business.

Best,
BD

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BlackDog1

I bought the Kuiu Chugach Rainwear 2 weeks ago and the same thing happened, it's on sale for 25% less for their Fathers Day sale barely a week after receiving my rainwear. A difference of nearly $200!!!! I'm a blue collar guy and need to save my nickels just like everyone else for top gear. I have purchased a fair amount of products from Kuiu and I felt a bit stung about it since I had been waiting and saving for the solid colors to become available for quite some time. The solid color rainwear just became available in olive and no one mentioned at the time I ordered my gear it would be on sale a week later, so I called them up yesterday afternoon to politely voice a complaint and express my feelings. The sales folks didn't know at the time I had ordered my gear it would go on sale a week later either. She explained to me that they aren't aware of a sale until after Jason Hairston (owner) announces it and a little bit more about how their direct sales program works.
After talking to the sales person for a few minutes, she went back and discussed it with Jason and they are refunding back to me the difference!!!!
I mentioned on another thread how much I like their gear and more importantly how great the customer service is, I look forward to continuing my relationship with them and purchasing more products as they become available, they have certainly earned my respect and future business.

Best,
BD

Wow, good for you! As a repeat customer it is good they recognize your value and decided to make you happy. I have a small business and would do the same thing to one of my regulars.
Being a new customer, I'll strike my experience up to "my typical luck"! But your experience speaks volumes to me as to their quality of business ethics. Any future gear purchases and Kuiu will certainly be in the mix.

In fact I'm trying to figure out if I need one of their Spindrift jackets... whistle ....well they ARE on sale!

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone have experience with the Seeland Keeper pants out of Denmark?

http://www.workwearcanada.com/products/detail.cfm?product=609

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Best,
BD

Wow, good for you! As a repeat customer it is good they recognize your value and decided to make you happy. I have a small business and would do the same thing to one of my regulars.
Being a new customer, I'll strike my experience up to "my typical luck"! But your experience speaks volumes to me as to their quality of business ethics. Any future gear purchases and Kuiu will certainly be in the mix.

In fact I'm trying to figure out if I need one of their Spindrift jackets... whistle ....well they ARE on sale!

I have a Spindrift also and it's fantastic! I can stuff it into one of its own pockets reducing its size to about that of a Nalgene bottle, very packable, warm and light.

BD

- Winston Churchill-

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The solid color rainwear just became available in olive and no one mentioned at the time I ordered my gear it would be on sale a week later, so I called them up yesterday afternoon to politely voice a complaint and express my feelings. The sales folks didn't know at the time I had ordered my gear it would go on sale a week later either.

Exactly how much grace period should be allowed presale for you to complain for a refund? cry What is your rule? confused

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
A direction I have been looking into is the use of soccer pants. They come in multiple colors, both straight and tapered legs, pockets, zippered leg cuffs and can be found at just about any sporting goods store for 30-40 bucks. I have a pair made by Addidas and they are fairly heavy weight. On the down side, I do not think these would do very well around briars and these would not be very warm for late winter.

Just another option.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtmiller

The solid color rainwear just became available in olive and no one mentioned at the time I ordered my gear it would be on sale a week later, so I called them up yesterday afternoon to politely voice a complaint and express my feelings. The sales folks didn't know at the time I had ordered my gear it would go on sale a week later either.

Exactly how much grace period should be allowed presale for you to complain for a refund? cry What is your rule? confused

I can't really say exactly how much grace period should be allowed presale, that would be up to the retailer. It's my understanding that other retailers can and do offer up to 30 days. In the past, I have had a few instances where other salespeople suggested that I wait to make a purchase because they knew in advance that there would be a sale coming up within a week or so. As I mentioned in my post, I wasn't aware when I called Kuiu that the sales people aren't aware of upcoming sales until the day the sale begins. For me at least, a couple hundred bucks is not an insignificant amount of money and in this particular instance, I felt it warranted to make a call, ask some questions, express my feelings about it and at the same time have them explain to me their policies. I'm grateful and thankful that the folks at Kuiu feel that everyone is a valued customer and they took the opportunity to take care of me with respect to this.

BD

- Winston Churchill-

IC B3

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I've used nothing but surplus desert camos and either Cabela's or Filson's wool pants for many years with complete satisfaction. E

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (204guy, 222ND, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 59 invisible), 1,864 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,249
Posts18,525,115
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.