-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 47 of 2,579 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 2578 2579
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can only blame my ispell program cause otherwise I admit to nothing..

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I have had similar issues with my [bleep] Blackberry and its autospell. It, apparently, doesn't appreciate some of my language....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Don't even get me started on phones...
Between the auto-correct and the stupid touch screen I have come close to throwing my damned phone

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Yes Jeff I fully beleive you would/could manage to gets us lost on all of 5 acres if left to your own devices...

You've really nailed me. I work in an office 5 days a week to pay for my lifestyle, but I am a good bit past the cubicle realm.

Of course than has nothing to do with my time off or my wanderings to shoot and hunt in the low desert hills and flats with in minutes of my home... or hunting, fishing or camping in the higher elevation ponderosa forested county
[Linked Image]
Shooting to my mine shaft pictured just right of center (Makes one hell of a bullet trap)
[Linked Image]
From the Mogollon Rim looking over a portion the 2.76 Million acre Apache-Sitgreaves Forest(pic of a pic forgive the quality)
[Linked Image]

Gorgeous country. I love that area. Spent a lot of time in the Gila not so far from there. The wife wants to get some land down around there here pretty soon. I won't argue! My heart is in the high desert.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I love these great discussions about killing stuff, rifles, knives, good wares..... whistle

Yeah...... grin

FWIW, Jeff, you do realize you're on an outdoor forum? You're not going to get me of us lost on five acres even if you blindfold me and drop me in via chopper....

George

Maybe. You'd have to experience it. It's not really 5 acres BTW. Our 16-acre place borders on a much larger area.

The utter and absolute lack of the sun as a reference point really befuddles people. It got me when I first moved here from NM, up mushroom hunting in the Cascades.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Yes Jeff I fully beleive you would/could manage to gets us lost on all of 5 acres if left to your own devices...

You've really nailed me. I work in an office 5 days a week to pay for my lifestyle, but I am a good bit past the cubicle realm.

Of course than has nothing to do with my time off or my wanderings to shoot and hunt in the low desert hills and flats with in minutes of my home... or hunting, fishing or camping in the higher elevation ponderosa forested county
[Linked Image]
Shooting to my mine shaft pictured just right of center (Makes one hell of a bullet trap)
[Linked Image]
From the Mogollon Rim looking over a portion the 2.76 Million acre Apache-Sitgreaves Forest(pic of a pic forgive the quality)
[Linked Image]

Gorgeous country. I love that area. Spent a lot of time in the Gila not so far from there. The wife wants to get some land down around there here pretty soon. I won't argue! My heart is in the high desert.

Nobody short of an honest to god retard is gonna get lost in that wide open country. I reckon swamptard would be in deep schit but most folks would be alright.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NH K9
The idea of rappelling in Oregon is not repelling to me grin

George

If I was a one-upping egomaniac like a certain someone here (cough cough) I'd whip out some pics, and I've got lots, of rappelling and rock climbing in New Mex, AZ, Joshua Tree, Texas, Utah, Idaho, and Oregon. I was WAY into that. I led a couple 5.11b's in Idaho... nearly died in Utah... lol.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/18/12. Reason: Remembered how climbs are rated, duh

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think Jeff is jealous he doesnt get a office as a Wal-Mart greeter. laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Having an office, and I've had a couple, is a soul-sucking waste of life energy.

Splitting wood in the clean outdoor air beats it all to hell.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hear you.

Being outside beats anything.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Having an office, and I've had a couple, is a soul-sucking waste of life energy.

Agreed.
However it pays me well...
So I'll make the trade for now.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I hear you.

Being outside beats anything.
Man you've got alot to learn !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Agreed.
However it pays me well...
So I'll make the trade for now.

Cool. Just be sure to get out in time. Got a friend days from death right now... was diagnosed with liver cancer THREE WEEKS AGO... he's 55 years old and has a ton of money. Ain't much good to him now, as they say. frown

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Make the money now so it can pay me later...
That is my personal office mantra.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

HELL NO!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ha! Bad news for ya buddy... I own land in NM! grin

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
...while he is telling you about himself, and showing all of his "Stuff", why don't you ask him what type of home he provides for his family? or how much he has left over to invest in college funds for his kids future? or why do his kids never seem to smile and have the look of lost souls in their eyes...

I really hope I am wrong and he is a great dad and not half as narcissistic as I think he is.....

I've stayed out of your beef with Stick becuase I have no issue with you, but this schitt right here... WTF?
Are you [bleep] serious with this? Man if you are, you are way to involved in your issues with him.
When you say schitt like this it only serves to make you look as though you are obsessed with the guy, and your futher posts on the subject after having "walked away" only reinforce that thought.

Well Tom,

I had some concerns about his kids.. sorry, I see the type he presents himself as, locally here all the time..

I just care about the environment kids grow up... as it defines their future and it is a real issue nation wide any more...

So I propose questions... nothing more, nothing less..
whether folks like it or don't...

I wasn't looking for answers to verify it.. I was looking for answers to contradict it...and very happily that is what I found out...

so my assumptions about the guy, concerning his kids and family, turns out to be Schtick is a good dad and IS concerned about his kids.. I couldn't be more thrilled...

his stock increased dramatically in my book over that alone...
a good parent is the sign of a real man... not how many toys you have or how many animals someone has killed or fish caught..

my participation in community activities locally alone exposes me to kids who come from not very good home environments.... so yeah I look closer at it...

and I got the answer I was hoping for...

so whether it is liked or not... well everyone is entitled of their opinion of Schtick or me... or anyone else..

but he stands tall on what is important.. and that is more than good enough in my book...not everyone may understand that...but so be it..

so there ya go...and finally I don't cite ya for your opinion at all over the post... I see you as a better man for it..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Seafire, seek help.

No [bleep] around, you've got some serious issues.

Well send me the name of your therapist and I'll give them a call... and let them know who referred me...

appreciate the concern... whistle

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
seafire you have some serious issues. Not to mention a BIG LACK for a LIFE. Between you and Jeff-O I think your just trying to get your post counts up for whatever reason.

Jeff-O wow you lead climbed a 5.11a, and I would be willing to wager it was on a bolted route as I can't see you placing any "pro" or anyone trusting you to do so. Climb on!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It was a 5.11b, and yes, it was a bolted route (at City of Rocks).

I did a lot of crack climbing-- I preferred it-- and I still have some pro left. I sold off the valuable stuff but kept my wedges and a set of tri-cams and so on. It used to scare the [bleep] out of me.

Mostly, I was a 5.10 climber but I did get on a roll that day at the City.

I left a tri-cam in a sandstone crack in Utah... fell so hard on it (several times) that it dug in and I couldn't get it out on the way down. Probably still there. I wore the hide off my hands on that damn climb. The next day the backs all scabbed over; the skin was worn so thin the blood seeped through. THAT sucked.

As to the poke you took at me, the person or persons following are either top-roping, or belayed from the top... the pro placed by the leader isn't relevant to their safety. In fact its a pain for the follower as they have to remove it on the way up. The top anchor might be placed by the leader, but in my experience that's unusual; 9 times out of 10, there's bolt anchors at belay points. Oh, and you can blow me, beatch.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 47 of 2,579 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,471
Posts18,529,359
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.