Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 48 of 2,579 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 2578 2579
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wasn't referring to their safety, I guess your friends don't care about your safety!

City of Rocks was a favorite of mine years ago.

I highly doubt that cam is still there, most good climbers know how to get "pro" out. Not to mention most good climbers are realitively poor so that would ba a score for them. A simple 4:1 would pull it out fast enough.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
But seeing boxes kick your arse getting "pro" out must be a real challenge.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You know what a tri-cam is? It's a passive device, like a solid metal triangle wedge thing that the webbing wraps around... hard to explain. I'm not talking about the active camming devices that you pull back then release in the crack... I can't dredge up what those were called. I would not leave one of those behind! Tri-cams were cheap.

Believe me I tried to get it out. The points had dug into the sandstone deep. Guess you had to be there. At some point it's like, the thing cost 5 bucks, I'm completely whipped, fuggit I'm going down <g>.

When was your climbing done? Got pics? I'll dig one up and post it, goofy hair and all, if you will.

Based on your online persona, you strike me as a very unsafe climber, the kind others would fear for their safety, and his, by the way.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I am well aware of a Tri Cam, much different from say a Friend or Cam-a-lot, more like a hexcentrics or stopper.

Yeah I might have a few photo's that I could scan when I have time.

I live about 40 minutes from the Gunks grew up climbing there so I am pretty sure I have a good idea of what I am doing placing "pro" and removing it. Again a simple 4:1 would pull it out.

Might be next week before I can get a picture for you. Release this weekend so the wife is making me kayak.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
cheap to a climber living out of their car/truck/van is a few cents. I use to bring a 10lb sack of potato's out to Joshua Tree when I would climb out there. Want to see happy faces? Try it sometime.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Joshua Tree on the cheap? BTDT a couple times. Love it.

Well, other than finding yourself 50 feet above the last manky old 1/4" hardware store bolt you clipped! The bolted climbs there are (were) pretty sparsely bolted...

Ever climb Smith Rocks? Talk about BOLTS!

Let me apologize for impugning your safety. I'm sure you are fine. Pissed me off when you implied otherwise for me... I'm completely whipped, and grouchy, and that's a bad mood to be in when trading chit <g>. Didn't mean to be so personal.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
No always wanted to climb Smith Rocks. Just never made it up there to climb. Lived in HB CA so there was plenty of climbing much closer. No excuse thought wish I would have made a trip up there back then as I will never be able to climb at that level again. I am happy climbing anything between 5.9 and 5.11 now. I climbed a lot in josh, Tahquitz & Suicide rocks, Malibu Creek Canyon, under the bridge at UC Irvine, and a few other small little known area's of SoCal. I have climbed City of Rocks once for three days, Rifle once for two days, and Hueco Tanks once for three days. Sad to say never even climbed Yosemite for all the time I lived in CA.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's a lot of great places I never climbed... you are doing great if you are still climbing 5.10 - 5.11. Then again I don't know how old you are <g>. I gave it up because I'm quite tall and prone to tendonitis and it started really messing with my hands... I'm a guitar player and didn't want to lose that.

Smith Rocks is a strange place. It's the anti-Joshua Tree. First off, everything is vertical or overhanging, not the lower-angle stuff you see at JT a lot. The rock is a fine-textured hard... uh... I dunno what it is. But it's not granite. Finally, it runs under the Euro aesthetic so many climbs are bolted on rappel THEN the guy figures out how to climb it! As opposed to the "bottom up" American aesthetic like JT where climbs are bolted on the way up and often very few bolts are used. At Smith there's a bolt every 8-10 feet.

The bolts at Smith are usually these gorgeous, huge, stainless beasts. I trusted my life to some pretty sketchy chit at Joshua. Maybe they've rebolted some of those climbs- this was over 20 years ago.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/18/12.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Seafire
or why do his kids never seem to smile and have the look of lost souls in their eyes...
your pal
seafire

Seafire,
I am truly disappointed that you would post something like this. I think you are displaying a total lack of class.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by CLB
Impressive collection of game Larry. How long did it take to reel in that halibut? Looks like a phuggin monster...

CLB,

Hardly a Monster,but better than 250#. I really have no love for Feeshing the Salt,other than to beat on Halibut and pound structure for Lingcod and the like...if only because it's a Nostalgic refresher on feeshing Bucketmouth Tourney's in my Youth. Not my style to drag around dead Herring or even Mooch for Salmonids,as there are other things I'd much rather be doing. Though I do of course brake for Salmonids in the Freshwater.

Nice to be able to pick & choose daily,just how I wanna Cast & Blast and there isn't a month of the year that isn't red [bleep] hot for sumptin'.

MA,

In fairness,it do rub the Do-Nothing Gang more than a leetle wrong,that the kids have done more than they have and it do tend to put all into perspective.

Which is funnier than [bleep]!

'MAGNUM,

Shefire "don't care" and has me on "Ignore"...though in fairness,her insecurities are exceedingly wellfounded. Entertaining that she can't afford to do anything,hasn't the drive to do anything and due to the melding,has the best whine in the business. Points is awarded too,for that high pitched nasal constant,in that it is heartfelt,tear stained and the culmination of her "experience".

Few things funnier,than giving a Do-Nothing Dumbphuck bandwidth to flaunt their Imagination and Pretend...with fingers crossed for a few hilarious pics to put all into perspective.

She's on fire and it easy to note how she chose her handle. Laffin'!

Jeff-O,

Enjoying the schitty/dirty wood,crooked cuts,dull chain,knots and yet another Turd Polishing Overview on how to [bleep] up a wet dream. The maul is [bleep] hilarious. Do tell about the "particulars" associated with "firing up the Husky",if only because your version of everything is absolutely [bleep] [bleep] aching belly laugh.

[Linked Image]

No wonder you are always starved out and running on fumes.

Wow +P!

Shefire,

As per always,I dig your keen "insight" and Bat Schit Crazy Fruit Loopin' Day Dreamin' Do-Nothin' Dumbphucktitude,if only because it's the only thing you can talk about in the first hand. though I suppose you could pen a Treatise upon how to ride shirt tails.

You are simply a whining Do-Nothing Dumbphuck,so I again appreciate your taking the time to wax eloquent on all the things you nearly did,with all the wares you nearly had and from all the places you've nearly been too.

[bleep] hilarious how Imagination and Pretend soooooooooooooo "fulfill" you with "satisfactions".

Congratulations?!!?

'tap,

Don't steal her Imagination or Pretend...it's all she's got and that'd be mean.

This schit is [bleep] hilarious!

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I hear you.

Being outside beats anything.
Man you've got alot to learn !

Sometimes its fun doing it outside too!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

[color:#FF0000]Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

You whining Do-Nothing Dumbphuck,
Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
insert picture here...

I again appreciate your taking the time to wax eloquent on all the things you nearly did,

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah: insert pictures here

with all the wares you nearly had and from all the places you've nearly been too.

BlaH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, insert picture here

Interestingly enough,those Imaginary things and the Pretend associated,

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah, insert picture here...

do not preclude the Reality of your being prone to riding shirt tails,

bLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, insert two more pictures here...

as a best case scenario.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAN BLAH BLAN ( BURP, FART ) BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, insert 3 or 4 more pictures here...

Congratulations?[/color]

(Insert picture of Homer Simpson here with shotgun, fishing pole, rifle and extra camera, 6 knives all floating in creek here....at certain angle so it looks like he is taller than he really is...)

Bless your heart...

love,

Schtick

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had some concerns about his kids.. sorry, I see the type he presents himself as, locally here all the time..

I just care about the environment kids grow up... as it defines their future and it is a real issue nation wide any more...

So I propose questions... nothing more, nothing less..
whether folks like it or don't...

I wasn't looking for answers to verify it.. I was looking for answers to contradict it...and very happily that is what I found out...

Try minding your own business.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Brother Dave
I had some concerns about his kids.. sorry, I see the type he presents himself as, locally here all the time..

I just care about the environment kids grow up... as it defines their future and it is a real issue nation wide any more...

So I propose questions... nothing more, nothing less..
whether folks like it or don't...

I wasn't looking for answers to verify it.. I was looking for answers to contradict it...and very happily that is what I found out...

Try minding your own business.

one has to laugh at the hypocrisy of being told to mind your own business, by some one who evidently isn't following their own advise and MINDING THEIR OWN BUSINESS, if it is such as issue for them....

just an observation...nothing more, nothing less...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll try it another way. His kids are none of your business.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ah, the old "don't get involved philosophy"..

yeah people not wanting to get involved... that sure is working out well for our society nowadays isn't it...

Schtick is a dysfunctional little alcoholic weasel in my book.. but that is irrelevant....

but if you are so concerned, and evidently a man of religion, why aren't you standing up instead of tolerating a man who slanders and makes plenty of derogatory comments with zero provocation against fellow community forum members?

or I guess that is "none of your business" either...

those are my concerns... but then again, too many people won't say anything until it is them personally being called such names and given such slander.... or they chose to 'not get involved' and just put the little twerp on ignore...

isn't it easier to stand by and 'Not get involved' and 'mind your own business', than it is to stand up and try to do something or say something about it?

how about that?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rick, you could drive a wooden stake thru the heart of this thread and nobody would miss it much.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'ok,

I'll greedily take outside over inside,all days of the week.

What could be better than being paid to be Outdoors?

Shefire,

Why is it that you dumbest of dumbphucks,always wanna carry the torch of Dumbphucktitude and happily take stupidity to places it's never been before?!? Other than the obvious,in that it's the best you can do,with what very little you have to work with. Noone can slander you,better than you can and that's the [bleep] humor inherent in sheer and utter [bleep] stupidity. In fairness...you really are ringing the schit outta that bell,along with the Whine Whistle. Congratulations?

As per always,I dig your keen "insight" and Bat Schit Crazy Fruit Loopin' Day Dreamin' Do-Nothin' Dumbphucktitude,if only because it's the only thing you can talk about in the first hand. Though I suppose you could pen a Treatise upon how to ride shirt tails.

You are simply a whining Do-Nothing Dumbphuck,so I again appreciate your taking the time to wax eloquent on all the things you nearly did,with all the wares you nearly had and from all the places you've nearly been too.

To mix up your Vagina Monologue(s) a smidge,you may consider holding your breath in conjunction with stamping your itty-bitty feet,so as to elicit maximum "victimization" on your behalf and REALLY tug at heart strings. Laffin'!

Scared you away from your camera to boot,not that them reasons weren't very wellfounded on your part.

Happy Imagination to you!

DD,

Lotsa good intel here,but as per always you gotta consider the source and I reckon noone but the Do-Nothing Gang is "surprised" that they came up dry...yet again.

I mean Shefire was soundly trumped by Jeff-O of all the [bleep] idiots in the World and by a scoop of poop and hack job firewood. Can anyone cite when that has happened prior?

All in all,it is epic [bleep] humor,but do not think that the astute ain't denoting twist rates,blue prints,boolit selection and the like,geared towards the chambering plainly stated in the thread's Title. Only fair to grant them who fancy themselves as having a [bleep] clue,the ripe opportunity to prove that they do not.(grin)

Just sayin'.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Rick, you could drive a wooden stake thru the heart of this thread and nobody would miss it much.

redundancy is mind numbing after a while.

Pert near soon everyone will start believing all this.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
What could be better than being paid to be Outdoors?

Nothing...And on the way home from work,you stop here for a quick dip in the hot springs with the 6-pack you stashed in the cool creek on the way to work!...Don't get know better than that..Half these knot heads wouldn't last one day in the woods logging, even on the landing let alone one of the mens jobs..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jayco

Page 48 of 2,579 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

365 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 34 invisible), 2,173 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,452
Posts18,528,948
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.