Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The BassPro store is about a 1 hour drive for me, but it is very rare for
me to go there. Too many know nothing, azz hole sales people.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I very seldom buy from Bass Pro , they are just to dam high on their merchandise and it can be purchased cheaper at other places. They do have some product others just don't stock and if i really need the item, then i buy from them. I would never have their credit card.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU

...It is absolutely amazing to me how few people will take any stand at all on such things. I have friends who have the card and when told of BofA's actions simply shrugged their shoulders. Yet we all whizz and moan at the erosion of the 2A but 95% won't lift one finger to do a single thing about it. mad We absolutely 100% deserve what we get.

I agree!
Its unfathomable to me that some folks are willing sell out the fight for our 2nd Ammendment right in exchange for saving a couple of percentage points on a bank/credit card...
I just don't get it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM

...It is absolutely amazing to me how few people will take any stand at all on such things. I have friends who have the card and when told of BofA's actions simply shrugged their shoulders. Yet we all whizz and moan at the erosion of the 2A but 95% won't lift one finger to do a single thing about it. mad We absolutely 100% deserve what we get.

I agree!
Its unfathomable to me that some folks are willing sell out the fight for our 2nd Ammendment right in exchange for saving a couple of percentage points on a bank/credit card...
I just don't get it.
It's not even that, BofA is FAR form the best terms on a CC. It's just laziness and apathy.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
True.

In Phoenix we happen to have both a Cabela's and a BassPro. BassPro is roughly 15 miles round trip from my house, and Cabela's is about 72 miles round trip...
I try and support my local shops as much as possible, but sometimes I can't and need to hit a big store.

I will be making the drive to Cabela's everytime from here on out.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With their prices, I don't see how they do so well to begin with.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by DayPacker
credit cards are bad...
For some folks I guess. I haven't had a balance in over 20 years (at least) and the points on my Discover card are flying my family to Colorado for vacation.
Discipline is a lost art.

PLus at least one.....

Alaska Airlines gives me a 100 buck companion ticket once a year plus miles to boot.... you simply have to pay your bills when you get em, just like utility bills etc... pretty simple actually.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM

I agree!
I just don't get it.

Just like the 90+% of gun owners who don't belong to the NRA.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep] bass pro shops............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just another reason for me not to shop there.....I swore them off a while back. I prefer to be helped by someone behind the gun counter who can actually answer a simple question. I have walked out of that store frustrated for the last time.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No more Bass Pro for me. Never did like the store.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've certainly had my ups and downs with them, but this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tom - good work - and thanks for that material. I can use it. Only been to a BPS three or four time (there is a DOUBLE LIFETIME supply of fishing gear here), but am going to write and will not go back.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still amazed at the apathy especially amongst this group.
I sent this email today. The little "2nd amendment gun sale IF you use the BofA card" was really just too in your face. I expect another non-response.
Stopping doing business with an organization is pointless if they don't know why.

I live 5 miles from your local store and have shopped there often since it opened. I also had a BPS VISA card. In light of Bank Of America's anti gun stance in many things, the most recently blatant being their dealings with McMillan stocks, I have cancelled my BPS card ($25k limit) and another card of theirs I carried (also a $25k limit) as well as stopped all shopping at your store. I have read, and couldn't get any answer from the store, that BPS is standing with BofA on this issue and contending that "McMillan must have misunderstood". As I drove further yesterday to an Academy Sports store to buy a kayak I again wondered how long before BPS would reconsider their affiliation with an anti 2a bank? Then I received your latest fall hunting circular in the mail proclaiming the "First ever 2 amendment firearms sale" but only "If you pay with your BPS/Bank of America card." Were the irony not so sad it would be humorous. Something to be said for being transparent I suppose.
I run a small outdoors related forum and particpate on another extremely large one. My direct question is "What is Bass Pro Shops' position on continuing to use Bank of America as their credit card issuer of choice when Bank of America has and continues to discriminate against buinsesses in the firearms industry?"
I will certainly not spend another penny with BPS and will enourage as many as possible to follow suit until BPS takes a firm stance in support of the second amendment by not supporting anti 2nd amendment businesses.
I had never ordered from Cabelas until this and just placed my third order with them this week (a trail camera). Their service is flawless. Apparently they have their own bank for credit card processing which no doubt is profitable. There are obviously limitless ways for BPS to make a positive statement.
I'll await and share your response.
Respectfully,

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never had any interest spending money there.

Last edited by okok; 07/31/12.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've never set foot in one of their stores because there wasn't one close. This issue sealed it for me that I wouldn't go in one if it were right around the corner.
I already had dropped BOA like a bad habit a very long time ago.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm ever tired of their bait-n-switch tactics on the sales they advertise.

The never [bleep] have in stock the great deals they run in those monthly mailers I get.

I've been trying to score that $89 Lead Sled for 5 gotdamn years. Always sold out when I get to the store.

They keep 3(three) in inventory for a market size the population of Nashville.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We have both a Bass Pro and a Cabela's here in Phoenix...

I am keeping my word on this. This weekend I drove 65 extra miles round trip to buy a pistol and a bunch of ammo from Cablea's when my local guy didn't have what I needed.

SCREW BASS PRO!

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn, my parents gave me a 50.00 gift card to BP two weeks ago, I guess I have to give it away now.

Dave

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Thomas,
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering how my conversation was going to go. I have two BofA cards. One is in fact a BPS card as there is a BPS less than 10 minutes from home. The other BofA card I almost never use but the BPS card I use everytime I shop there or anywhere that doesn't take Discover. I also use(d) it for business. I made a business trip recently and haven't gotten that bill yet. It is and was my intention to pay that bill and then go into BPS and get a direct answer as to their response. The fact they would continue to use BofA as their card provider astounds me. I intend to cash in my points, spend them then and there and likewise never purchase another thing from BPS. I'll then immediately cancel both cards in two separate phone calls (to double the fun) to BofA clearly telling them why.
It is absolutely amazing to me how few people will take any stand at all on such things. I have friends who have the card and when told of BofA's actions simply shrugged their shoulders. Yet we all whizz and moan at the erosion of the 2A but 95% won't lift one finger to do a single thing about it. mad We absolutely 100% deserve what we get.

Believe it or not, cancelling credit cards usually has a negative affect on your credit score.

Last edited by RS308MX; 07/31/12.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

306 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 32 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,162
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.