Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mntngoat
Originally Posted by cooperfan
I sell these, and I'm damn proud of it! Made in Texas, by an American company. Caterpillar

http://www.drivecat.com/

Cooperman I'm curious whats the ballpark on those CT 660's

ML

depends entirly on the specs and what kind of turck. Well sell everthing from cement trucks, to waste handler rolloff's, tractors, tandem dumps, etc etc etc. I have been dollar for dollar with KW if that helps you. And no DEF required like Paccar

Last edited by cooperfan; 05/24/12.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm happy for them! I would love to have a new F250, and may get one when my warranty runs out in another 90K miles. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mntngoat
I sell these, and I'm damn proud of it! Made in Texas, by an American company. Caterpillar

http://www.drivecat.com/

Cooperman I'm curious whats the ballpark on those CT 660's

ML

depends entirly on the specs and what kind of turck. Well sell everthing from cement trucks, to waste handler rolloff's, tractors, tandem dumps, etc etc etc. I have been dollar for dollar with KW if that helps you. And no DEF required like Paccar

had a fuel delivery here yesterday and asked the driver how he liked his KW said it fine except its way under powered. (its a Paccar T170)

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I don[t know where you are getting these numbers . The number that kills your argument is 64k workers vs 176k in the US and the number one selling vehicle in the world.

Dude, Toyota only has 4 American vehicle assembly plants and 2 Engine plants... period... it's not hidden, secret stuff.

And as for how the best selling vehicle in the world somehow impacts the number of plants in the U.S.? It doesn't, the Corolla is built in plants in Brazil, China, Japan and Vietnam just to name a few. There is no correlation.

Did you really think worldwide Corolla production was here in the U.S.? With our labor costs? LMAO...

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I'm happy for them! I would love to have a new F250, and may get one when my warranty runs out in another 90K miles. smile

I couldn't resist. I was actually surprised that Tundra sales are so low, I see them all over the place here.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quality sells itself.

That could've been the first and last post in this thread, regardless of brand preference.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Toyota had some killer deals last year when Obama made up the gas petal thingee. I wasn't even ready to buy another truck, but with $7500 factory incentives, 0% financing, 8 yr-100K warranty and an inflated trade-in value on my F150 4x4, I felt that deals would not get any better. Their prices have gone up since, without any incentives. I could not afford to buy one now.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I wish they had still had a rebate when I bought in September. Nada... only benefit I had was my neighbor is the GM of a Toyota dealership, so I got everything at cost and a very fair trade in value.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bought mine August 31st. smile

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by Oldmanms2003

I agree!

My neighbor got laid off because the Shreveport plant is closing. They are down to a skeleton crew.

I'm sad to hear that. My H3T was built in Shreveport.

[Linked Image]

That truck is worth more than my home and both my car and truck combined. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Bought mine August 31st. smile

I think it had something to do with the 4runner being built in Japan, so they probably weren't offering rebates since supply had been effected by the Tsunami?

Last edited by Foxbat; 05/24/12.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The truck engines/parts are Cat in that Cat sold EVERYTHING from the block foundry equipment to the final machining equipment needed to make those blocks. Many parts may say Cat on them but are made at other Cat plants, generally in Japan, China, or western Europe. Cat has nothing to do with anything on those over the road engines due to the fact that they no longer wanted anything to do with the headaches associated with EPA regs., etc. that went into effect on Jan. 1, 2009! It may look like a Cat and some parts may even be made by Cat but it's not even a Kitty! The truck did have a lot of Cat engineering input but it's not "Made by Cat"! Where is your warranty submitted? That will tell you who made it! There is only one warranty submission place in the whole country for ALL of Caterpillar Tractor Company's equipment!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by Oldmanms2003

I agree!

My neighbor got laid off because the Shreveport plant is closing. They are down to a skeleton crew.

I'm sad to hear that. My H3T was built in Shreveport.

[Linked Image]

That truck is worth more than my home and both my car and truck combined. grin

Cost does not always equate beauty.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If I didn't need to tow something, and carry weight I would think a Toyota would be just fine......................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Darrel
The truck engines/parts are Cat in that Cat sold EVERYTHING from the block foundry equipment to the final machining equipment needed to make those blocks. Many parts may say Cat on them but are made at other Cat plants, generally in Japan, China, or western Europe. Cat has nothing to do with anything on those over the road engines due to the fact that they no longer wanted anything to do with the headaches associated with EPA regs., etc. that went into effect on Jan. 1, 2009! It may look like a Cat and some parts may even be made by Cat but it's not even a Kitty! The truck did have a lot of Cat engineering input but it's not "Made by Cat"! Where is your warranty submitted? That will tell you who made it! There is only one warranty submission place in the whole country for ALL of Caterpillar Tractor Company's equipment!

For somebody that has worked for Cat for over 40 years. What is your point? Are you trying to correct a salesman? or outright pissed off about Cat not making on road engines anymore? or want to be the expert on the subject? From my limited experience and training, this is a very good product that is licensed by Cat, honestly none of my construction customers have had a problem with Navistar building these engines and in fact understand Cat's decision to not spend the hundreds of millions dollars to gear up for emissions requirements. I will check on the warranty today, as I believe you are incorrect on that, but the warranty is one of the biggest selling features because any Cat dealer can service the trucks. If you would like to talk off line please PM me your cell number. Coop

As much as you have talked about the engines, please give equal time to Cat's automatic trans. This is truly the best in the business.

Last edited by cooperfan; 05/25/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The towing on my Tundra is rated at 10,600 lbs. That's not to shabby. I was out west a couple years back and saw lots of Tundra owners towing campers, cattle trailers, 5th wheels, etc. Why would you think a truck with 381 hp, and over 400 lbs of torque would have a problem towing something? Folks tow lots, with trucks with much less hp, and torque than that. I just had a 2000 lb. skid of firewood placed in my bed too. No problem with that either.

Last edited by hunter01; 05/25/12.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
hunter01 what is the rated capacity of a 1/2ton Toyota? Need one say more. Any idiot can hook anything up or place things in the bed. Does make it safe or legal for that matter. As I said for 1/2ton it's not a bad truck. It is however not a 3/4 or 1ton truck.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by smithrjd
hunter01 what is the rated capacity of a 1/2ton Toyota? Need one say more. Any idiot can hook anything up or place things in the bed. Does make it safe or legal for that matter. As I said for 1/2ton it's not a bad truck. It is however not a 3/4 or 1ton truck.

Tundra is rated for 8100#. That's not shabby, infact it's damn good. It's also probably more than I'd tow with a 1/2 ton, but you asked.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the look of the new Chevys and GMCs. Fords are awful, not crazy about Dodges either.

If we lose freedom here there is nowhere to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted by Steelhead

who gives a [bleep] about the stuff that goes wrong

Tough to be pissed when God gives you dogs

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I were in the market for a new half ton gas truck I would look heavily at a new F-150, most likely. The new Rams ride really nice, but are lacking if you actually want to haul something (I've put 30,000 miles on my 2011 Ram 1500 company truck in the last year, for reference). I'd probably get a Ford F-150 Raptor or a King Ranch F-150 if I had to choose.

Tacomas and other midsize trucks are just too small for me for daily usage, though great hunting rigs. I personally prefer 3/4 or 1 ton trucks for most situations, when hauling groceries isn't on the menu. I'd love a late 90's to very early 2000
s Tacoma to use as a hunting rig and play toy.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 58 invisible), 2,902 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,360
Posts18,488,044
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.