Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not announced yet, next 15 minutes or so.

[Linked Image]

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I think he's guilty.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I can scarcely wait! grin

Naught's had, alls spent
When desire is got without content
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm on tenterhooks!

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No matter the outcome every one knows he is guilty, just like OJ

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hung jury on most counts

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hang 'em high!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe they should take the jury out and actually hang them. This court house would be a good target to try out the New Drones inside the US Border.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Defense now demanding mistrial.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Crap, I saw the news on Fox.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm suspecting the jury reached a not guilty verdict on the one they agreed on. From what I can find and recall, count 3 was about money received in 2008, in which he was only a candidate for 1 month. I doubt they will reach a verdict.

NRA Benefactor Member
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The news report I heard said they found him "guilty" on one count, but they didn't say which count, and the judge told 'em to go back and get more verdicts, one way or another.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if'n one believes what one hears in the media, the whole thingy was a farce, no matter what the morals were of the defendant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I hear not guilty..

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not guilty on one count, mistrial declared on the rest.

What a waste of time and taxpayers money, a fiasco.

[Linked Image]
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i've suspected for a long time there's something not kosher about our political system, now i'm beginning to wonder if there's a flaw in our justice system?

a demo Presidential candidate being prosecuted, and now found not guilty? lawyers, what a mess we have, and yet we have to depend upon them, for a fee of course.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
HUH? The clueless are always left to wonder.

The jury applied the law. It was a easy verdict. What surprises me is the fact they didn't acquit on the other 5 counts after finding him not guilty on the one count.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Does this really surprise anyone?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
hopefully, in the interest of the public good, and cost-effectinvess, the whole thing will be dropped, and allow everyone go their own way, licking their chops as they go.

we need to get this unfortunate piece of Americana past us, and move on.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by RISJR
HUH? The clueless are always left to wonder.

The jury applied the law. It was a easy verdict. What surprises me is the fact they didn't acquit on the other 5 counts after finding him not guilty on the one count.

Bob, from what I heard on CNN and FOX (channel switching) the case and campaign laws are rather vague. In hindsight, This was probably the proper verdict, but I do wonder why if not guilty on Count 3, they didn't acquit him on more counts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
if his defense is that these were private gifts and not campaign contributions, he would appear to have backed himself into an admission of income tax fraud.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
In a criminal case,vague should always equate to reasonable doubt. The prosecution was successful in keeping the Judge from allowing campaign finance experts from testifying and rendering a opinion. The jury had a monumental task,as lay persons,trying to sort it out. They figured out that although what he did was wrong,irresponsible and he's a lowlife,he didn't violate any laws. If the law is vague,clarify it. Edwards got some hush money from his friends rather than the campign funding pool. Who wouldn't if they had the connections?

I despise Edwards but I love the grandeur of laws. The jury meticulously deliberated for what? a couple of weeks? The law prevailed. It's not a dem or repub thing,it's a law thing.

I'll agree the ambiguities of the law need to be clarified and refined.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
if his defense is that these were private gifts and not campaign contributions, he would appear to have backed himself into an admission of income tax fraud.

That seems like a more reasonable approach.

I knew it was a waste of money from the beginning just like Roger Clemons trial.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
damn

that makes me want to go rob a Korean liquor store

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I ain't holdin my breath.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

=========

His legal defense team was probably as astute as you in this regard and he likely paid that tax (if actually required) before he paid his retainer,amended return or not.

William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The rich dude walks????...no way.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
How many rich politicians have you seen walk the past few years? That one isn't going to fly. The prosecution couldn't even obtain a guilty verdict to a conspiracy charge,the easisest no-brainer prosecutorial charge of all to obtain a guilty verdict.

Blame the government on this one,not the despicable personality and ugliness of Edward's character.

Last edited by RISJR; 05/31/12.

William Arthur Ward

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's all pure-ass politics. in NC, they're leaning toward the publicans this time around.

the political incumbents are ready to sacrifice one of their own lowly members to create a posture of "justice." get real. sure he's the 10 million dollar man. but, his constituents aren't going to vote for the Incumbent this time around. bet on it. so they're trying to make him look bad.

at this point, the taxpayers need to demand that the persecution stops. i mean prosecution, sorry.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Heard he was making eyes at a female juror. The silky pony strikes again. He's scum.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Yes sir,he sure is. The jury saw through it though and applied the law,as instructed. Deplore the politics and the players but don't fault the jurors or the system. They worked as they should.

William Arthur Ward

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RickyD
Heard he was making eyes at a female juror. The silky pony strikes again. He's scum.

i think it might have been just the opposite? and they were all sent home?

i don't like scum, but i don't want anyone to be bamboozled due to political incumbency.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RISJR

=========

His legal defense team was probably as astute as you in this regard and he likely paid that tax (if actually required) before he paid his retainer,amended return or not.

IF they were, and I'm not stipulating to that, then he is legally home free.

If they were NOT, then the IRS just got an early Christmas present.

If I couldn't get an organized crime suspect one way, I'd get 'em with any legal tool I could.

There's more than one way to stretch a hide on a wall...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That was not a verdict . . . that was kicking the can down the road, or punting, or whatever you want to call it . . . anything BUT a verdict. In any event, the snake gets to slither off into the sunset . . .

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The prosecution will try to quietly slink away and try to put this mess behind them

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the wholey thingy troubles me to no end. not about this case in particular, but about all cases in general.

lawyers cost money, whether paid for by tax-payers who work for the gov't, or for the private attorneys paid for by the defendants. money is money. but who pays?

i'd like to see a set amount of "money" set aside for a said game. then the prosecutors get half and the defendants get half. the resources are set to attack and defend. and that's it. fair is fair.

but, that's not how it works, is it? as a lowly commoner, how can i afford to defend against the bottomless budget of the prosecution? they can break me, and i go to jail. while they still do lunch and drive mercedes.

there's a flaw in the slaw and we all know it.

we recognize the system is unfair.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's Bushes fault....

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is Bush's fault, if he wouldn't have beaten Kerry/Edwards in the election, John could have afforded to support his mistress, like Clinton did, and we would have gotten some more great lines like 'It depends on what your defination of is, is."

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

But isn't this another issue he could face charges for?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL that wasn't a verdict it was a tragedy.

NRA Lifetime Member
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"jury of your peers"

lucky John that his "peers" are uneducated idiots unable to understand and interpret the law and jury instructions. this is becoming more common in our legal system.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Clean bill of health! Obama/Edwards '12 grin eek laugh

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
"jury of your peers"

lucky John that his "peers" are uneducated idiots unable to understand and interpret the law and jury instructions. this is becoming more common in our legal system.

But not a jury of Peeers.

NRA Lifetime Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Gus
i've suspected for a long time there's something not kosher about our political system, now i'm beginning to wonder if there's a flaw in our justice system?
Naw.. Ya THINK??

a demo Presidential candidate being prosecuted, and now found not guilty? ...
And since it's a dem, there won't be a new trial, of course.. He gets off scott-free...

Was the prosecution team the same bunch that tried OJ??

Fiasco = to the max..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If he was with the GOP he'd be swinging at the end of a rope doing an air dance.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Gus
Naw.. Ya THINK??

a demo Presidential candidate being prosecuted, and now found not guilty? ...
And since it's a dem, there won't be a new trial, of course.. He gets off scott-free...

Was the prosecution team the same bunch that tried OJ??

Fiasco = to the max..

Things are bad

they will get worse

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
That's their buddy John and he's in trouble. Do you really think they're going to let him be found guilty? I can picture him having to pay an undisclosed fine if he is retried and is somehow found guilty.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 2,898 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,065
Posts18,501,398
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.