-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 89 of 2,579 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 2578 2579
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My "credentials" are slightly higher than that of a couch [bleep] hillbilly... Just ever so slightly, and if only obvious you can plainly see I have no idea what the heck I'm talking about...

I'm not twisting a thing... Just quoting YOUR posts... In one post you don't claim your 300-F-1/18D MOS, in an other post you do claim that same MOS and in another, claim it was just a course you took... Plain and simple... Not hard to see that...

Not trying to defend Boxer by any means... He can do that himself quite well... Nor trying to discredit his critic's as y'all seem to do that quite well yourselves...

I imagine (cuz thats all I can do) that things have changed since WAY back then... In reality it doesn't make two schits one way or the other...

I just find it comical that in a contest of dick measuring, there are those that always claim 18 Series, Ranger, Recon, SEAL, PJ etc. as if it helps with their street cred...

From my screen that's what it appeared that you were attempting thus my questioning of your claim to that MOS, not the course... Again, I could be wrong and it really doesn't matter...

Continue on with your Crusade to protect the meek and timid of the interweb from the Boogeyman Boxer...

They are all counting on you...

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
The one time I tried one of his Imaginary Loads it was total BS.

well Jeff, It might not have worked well in your rifle.. but doesn't mean it was a Bad load...

each load in a rifle has to be worked up....

actually the few loads I have seen Schtick post, are pretty close to what I have figured out as max...

but if two guys can figure it out, doesn't take special talent, and doesn't mean someone else can't figure it out..

once you have the basics, working up loads isn't that hard... just too many people don't want to venture into the unknown ( not published in a book)....or they look it as taking a risk..

if done so intelligently with the basics, there really isn't much to it...

I'm not opposed to pushing a load in a given rifle, and have several that are over book max. You are correct, it's not rocket surgery.

But I won't chase herrings, and when I'm several grains over pressure-tested book max, and still over 150 fps shy of what the other guy claims, it's time to move on to something else. Especially when the guy pimping it claims it to be a broadly applicable load, when clearly, it isn't.

Again, I've run JB's loads and presto, I end up right where he did.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr

I also love how Schtick gives crap to his non groupies about 'all the places we wish we had been'...and then tells us he has never even been to Washington or Oregon...which isn't that far down the coast from him...

Great point. If you could point out the exact post where Stick has said he's never been to Oregon, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

page 23 of this thread... post # 6454303

I've never been to Orygun....

of course that is what is posted... of course he could be telling a lie... but THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.. whistle

I do find that funny since his dad, Larry Gene Senior, lives over in Coos Bay...

but that has no bearing on the question...

so that is where I got the fact that he had never been to Oregon..from his post there...

so I hope that Suffices there Kodiak...

If it doesn't, a little birdy, or one of Schtick's millions of fan also said you may want to consult post #5474078 if it is that important to you... I'd like to thank one more of Schtick's fans for bringing that to my attention also...

best regards for a great weekend up in BC, eh?
seafire

well an update...

background check on old Larry, courtesy of someone who is in the LEO biz, did inform me that Schtick has actually been to Oregon and was in fact evidently born down this way...

so even tho he said he had never been here, is evidently just another one of his fabrications...

he's lived multiple places in No Bend and Coos Bay, here in Coos County, before migrating off to AK...

anyone want to know any of his former street address down here..

of course the only reason I've even had a background check on the guy, is that several people keep 'demanding proof'...

so that is how much I got to report now...

you guys want more, just be patient...but I see no reason to smear the guy, as he has done a good job of it so far himself..

but do we all really want to go there?

just because I think he's a dork, doesn't mean we have to carry this beyond the forum... someone finds what you don't wanna know, I can see you guys blaming the messenger anyway..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone who served as a combat medic is beyond reproach on that level IMHO.

There is a big difference in having a Combat Medic MOS and serving IN Combat as a Medic... IMHO...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
My "credentials" are slightly higher than that of a couch [bleep] hillbilly... Just ever so slightly, and if only obvious you can plainly see I have no idea what the heck I'm talking about...

I'm not twisting a thing... Just quoting YOUR posts... In one post you don't claim your 300-F-1/18D MOS, in an other post you do claim that same MOS and in another, claim it was just a course you took... Plain and simple... Not hard to see that...

Not trying to defend Boxer by any means... He can do that himself quite well... Nor trying to discredit his critic's as y'all seem to do that quite well yourselves...

I imagine (cuz thats all I can do) that things have changed since WAY back then... In reality it doesn't make two schits one way or the other...

I just find it comical that in a contest of dick measuring, there are those that always claim 18 Series, Ranger, Recon, SEAL, PJ etc. as if it helps with their street cred...

From my screen that's what it appeared that you were attempting thus my questioning of your claim to that MOS, not the course... Again, I could be wrong and it really doesn't matter...

Continue on with your Crusade to protect the meek and timid of the interweb from the Boogeyman Boxer...

They are all counting on you...

so you are therefore declining to show where you have any knowledge to support what you are claiming to be an expert on?

I don't look at this as a Seafire is better than Schtick contest... anything I post, is in response to questions someone has asked, trying to get info to flame me...but I give the facts anyway...

and discount me... when you claim you are a little above a hillbilly, you'd better take a look at the word hillbilly... we actually have some pretty well educated guys on this forum, that others could label as hillbilly from just where they are from...

and it could be, I just might have a hair more education than you think I have also... at least considering all the time I spend at home, dreaming of the places I almost might have been, or the things I almost might have done... or the things I almost wish I might of had...just being a DoNothingDumbphuck, waiting for my next heated exchange with the Schtick Emergency Response Team...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

I've never even hunted a 60%+ tag.

How 'bout taking a little trip up there to show us how it's done?

I'm not real interested in hunting as some sort of show-off endeavor. I know others wrap a lot of ego up in it; that's fine. I don't.

That said I'd love to hunt POW (or thereabouts)* and it could happen here pretty soon. As with many here, it's family-first and me jetting off to AK to have fun is way down the list of family priorities.

*hunting bears doesn't interest me, nor does whacking and stacking easy blacktail. Moose and caribou are more interesting.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

There is a big difference in having a Combat Medic MOS and serving IN Combat as a Medic... IMHO...

I agree, but I was there in the mid-70's, with 'Nam still ringing in our ears.

Even becoming a combat medic, with everything that'd just gone down, is gutsy in my book.

I'll let you guys hash it out. But you'll never hear me speak ill of genuine soldiers, and a combat medic is all of that.

No?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I never once claimed to be an expert on anything... Lets not let your imagination get the best of you.... Again...

I've never discounted your intelligence/education or do I need to... You keep us all in "Awe" of that with each and every post...

I need not take a look at the word "Hillbilly"... I am well versed in it's meaning(s)... My statement stands...

"My "credentials" are slightly higher than that of a couch [bleep] hillbilly... Just ever so slightly"...

Take it for what you will...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Amen to that one.. we are in agreement...

but there are many folks who made sure they were highly trained to save lives, for when the time came that may be called...

and many who have used those skills and saved people's lives out on the street because of that training...

because I am thankful for having it...and yeah I have used it and saved people's lives who would have otherwise died if I hadn't been there...it wasn't under fire...

but it gave us the sense to have to risk our lives to save others, putting ourselves in harms way....

but yes I have seen danger, doing what I was trained to do..
and have experienced people dying in my arms, when nothing could be done.. or seen saving them on a med evac chopper on the way to a med center, while in unform.. more than once..doing hands on what I was trained for...

I salute those that have served and done so under fire... but I haven't seen many slight those that have been thru that training and have done what we are trained to do, even if it wasn't under fire...

I have NOTHING to apologize for, receiving the training I did..for the MOSs I have completed...nor doing everything the military asked of me... and if there was situations going on, then my military training wound have been much more extensive, as I had signed up for much more training and it had been approved...as I qualified...but serving from 76 to 82, the world was pretty quiet..

so after my initial training in C school and I completed 300 F1 training, I was given the opportunity to stay on active duty to complete training in one direction or get off active, go Reserve and complete training in another direction...

of course if you were not on active duty in 1978, you probably wouldn't have known what was going on or available..

and yes, I was actively recruited by Both Special Forces and the 2nd Ranger Battalion at Ft Lewis at the time, for the training I'd already received, the scores on my testing, the education I have already had before going into the Army...I went enlisted, even tho I had a college degree.. and also scored quite well on physical tests, and scores on M16, M60, M203, M79 and a host of other weapons...along with a very high GT score...

tie that in with people known by my step dad who was a retired AF Colonel, who personally knew a lot of high folks in the special ops community as he spend 49 months in Vietnam attached to them...

my background and connects via the family, in the military community at the time, might be far more extensive than you would even believe anyway, so why bother...

but that is water under the bridge at this point...I let my life, take a different path for different reasons...and that's that.. but doesn't negate the things I did do, or the things I have done...whether some of you guys like it or not..

its not bragging, its just answering your guys questions...
but ya don't wanna hear the answers, then don't ask the questions...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I never once claimed to be an expert on anything... Lets not let your imagination get the best of you.... Again...

I've never discounted your intelligence/education or do I need to... You keep us all in "Awe" of that with each and every post...

I need not take a look at the word "Hillbilly"... I am well versed in it's meaning(s)... My statement stands...

"My "credentials" are slightly higher than that of a couch [bleep] hillbilly... Just ever so slightly"...

Take it for what you will...

well then, what is your reservation about stating what they are... either publicly or privately...

you claim to be knowledgeable, so why not show it..

if you served, then you have my respect...and your 2 cents matters a whole lot more than someone who hasn't...

your choice or we can drop it.. I have nothing to hide...
or no 'lies' to try and cover up...

I think there is someone on your contacts list on your profile that you have listed, that has met me personally...

maybe he can tell you what a pompous butthead I am...if you want to pursue that route, for a character assassination attempt..

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Serving your Country during any time frame is a gutsy move...

Using that service as a leverage tool to attempt to gain the respect of your peers is the sign of a "Tool"... (not directed at anyone in particular)

IMHO...

No?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
C & R

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You're not alone in that opinion...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

I've never even hunted a 60%+ tag.

How 'bout taking a little trip up there to show us how it's done?

I'm not real interested in hunting as some sort of show-off endeavor. I know others wrap a lot of ego up in it; that's fine. I don't.

That said I'd love to hunt POW (or thereabouts)* and it could happen here pretty soon. As with many here, it's family-first and me jetting off to AK to have fun is way down the list of family priorities.

*hunting bears doesn't interest me, nor does whacking and stacking easy blacktail. Moose and caribou are more interesting.

How did I know you'd pass...

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I can start touting myself as an 18D ?? [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

well an update...

background check on old Larry, courtesy of someone who is in the LEO biz, did inform me that Schtick has actually been to Oregon and was in fact evidently born down this way...

he's lived multiple places in No Bend and Coos Bay, here in Coos County, before migrating off to AK...

of course the only reason I've even had a background check on the guy, is that several people keep 'demanding proof'...

Now THAT is some kookoo chit.

I see no reason to smear the guy, as he has done a good job of it so far himself..

Seriously.. You've accused him here, by evidence of pictures alone, of being a poacher, child abuser, animal abuser, alcoholic.. And you actually believe you haven;t smeared him?

Seek help.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr

I also love how Schtick gives crap to his non groupies about 'all the places we wish we had been'...and then tells us he has never even been to Washington or Oregon...which isn't that far down the coast from him...

Great point. If you could point out the exact post where Stick has said he's never been to Oregon, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

page 23 of this thread... post # 6454303

I've never been to Orygun....

of course that is what is posted... of course he could be telling a lie... but THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.. whistle

I do find that funny since his dad, Larry Gene Senior, lives over in Coos Bay...

but that has no bearing on the question...

so that is where I got the fact that he had never been to Oregon..from his post there...

so I hope that Suffices there Kodiak...

If it doesn't, a little birdy, or one of Schtick's millions of fan also said you may want to consult post #5474078 if it is that important to you... I'd like to thank one more of Schtick's fans for bringing that to my attention also...

best regards for a great weekend up in BC, eh?
seafire

well an update...

so even tho he said he had never been here, is evidently just another one of his fabrications...

so that is how much I got to report now...

you guys want more, just be patient...but I see no reason to smear the guy, as he has done a good job of it so far himself..

but do we all really want to go there?

just because I think he's a dork, doesn't mean we have to carry this beyond the forum... someone finds what you don't wanna know, I can see you guys blaming the messenger anyway..

You best go easy using a LEO to access information not available to the general public so he can pass it on to you to use on a personal internet vendetta. Could get his azz fired and his certification yanked.

Last edited by DELGUE; 06/03/12.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Serving your Country during any time frame is a gutsy move...

Using that service as a leverage tool to attempt to gain the respect of your peers is the sign of a "Tool"... (not directed at anyone in particular)

IMHO...

No?

I;m not using to get the respect of my peers...I'm strictly answering questions asked of me...

there are more things I was signing up for at a time that the need turned out to be dwendling... I was contacted due to my training when desert storm was ramping up, due to the training I had..so I went on standby... because it didn't last long, then I was told I could stand down...I was still considered inactive reserve after my intial enlistment due to my training...

and my sense of military obligation was probably different than just Joe Schmoe off the street...I grew up as a military dependent..with a dad who went thru Korean as a Marine Long Range Recon platoon member and then Platoon leader during the Korean War, who saw combat from Nov 1950 to July 27th 1953....

I grew up around Uncles who were well decorated and served in WW 2, two who never came home...

as a dependent I grew up all around Vietnam from 1966 when we came back from Europe, right up thru 1974...I have friends I grew up with whose names are on that wall, to include my best friend growing up...we have many friends of my folks whose names are on that wall in Washington....

My step dad, flew 42 of his 49 months flying C 130s that carried no markings on them during Vietnam... check out what those BlackBirds are...

I also spent a lot of time around Green Berets when I was in High School...from Enlisted personnel to High Level Officers, 0-6s and higher...

so none of this was new to me at all, and I had no ideas of glory on what I was getting into, I was raised with an orientation to serve... and I also knew if I ever did have to see combat, I'd be going in with the best trained folks I could, I'd be as best trained as the Army would allow me to be..and by God, on top of being able to kill the enemy, I'd also darn well know how to treat those the had been wounded to the best of my abilities...

does that make me a hero? NOPE, what it makes me is a realist.. with a lot of influence from a lot of people who had been there and done that from WW 2 right thru Vietnam...

maybe that is what bothers me most about Scthick... he's a show boat... knows squat about Teamwork, humility or respect for others...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hell, if you look up my primary MOS as 91C, that was changing as my class was next to the last class that it was a year long course.. after that, it dropped to a 4 month course and was a LOT less in depth...

I don't know about now.... but when I was in the Army, 91C was a 54 week course up on the hill. As there was (and still is) a shortage of LVN and RN's within the military, there was many Reservist and National Guard that attended VoTech schools or Junior Colleges (education paid and they were paid as Active Duty) earning a certificate as a LVN or RN to be granted 91C MOS or a Commission.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
awww being retired now, I don't think that is a concern.. besides it was in confidence, so I ain't saying who...

just another forum member who is totally wowwed by Schtick...

Page 89 of 2,579 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

388 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 31 invisible), 2,228 guests, and 1,095 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,452
Posts18,528,987
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.