Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
As heated as some of these 'discussions' can get family, but most especially, children should NEVER be brought into it. LTPowell has a beautiful family that he has every right to be tremendously proud of. The smile on his daughters face while shooting with Dad was priceless and his son is putting his life on the line in defense of this country.

I'm sure I speak for others by saying I'm sorry about the previous comments posted by another.

Agreed.
Bringing family into this is beyond the pale, IMO.

Things have sure been nasty around here of late. It's getting old.

That was [bleep] sure an awful thing to say & should never, ever be condoned. It's embarrassing and pretty well sickening.

Quite a few sure did condone, justify and make lame assed excuses for a terrible thing posted, not very long ago. The common decency ship seems to have sailed, for quite a few. Regular old keyboard slap fights have gotten more caustic and absurd than ever, here.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by GregW
Addressed to no one in particular -

Some of ya'll folks seriously need to get a life - cause you ain't got one.

I LIVE for the fire!!! har har har!

rkamp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Speaking of cop-haters...

no, I don't hate 'em, I just dislike them, and don't trust them at all to have my best interests at heart. I think they are too quick to kill folks, (and dogs), and they are, for the most part, union guys to boot. No cop ever questions another's actions, and always defends another cop's behavior, no matter how egregiously stupid or wrong.

Way too many of you cops equate questioning what cops do to hating them. The two things are vastly different.

Hear, hear.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rkamp

no, I don't hate 'em, I just dislike them, and don't trust them at all to have my best interests at heart. I think they are too quick to kill folks, (and dogs), and they are, for the most part, union guys to boot. No cop ever questions another's actions, and always defends another cop's behavior, no matter how egregiously stupid or wrong.

Way too many of you cops equate questioning what cops do to hating them. The two things are vastly different.

Hear, hear.
I don't agree with Mannlicher all that often but I sure agree with him on that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hear, hear.

I think Sam makes some good points here, though I am generally "pro LEO" on this forum.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Hear, hear.
Hear, hear, again. I feel exactly the same.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Coming into my yard uninvited is fine! My little Shi Tzu cannot and will not hurt you. I keep her inside. But, if you get bit that's tough [bleep]; my yard has a few (six known at last count) rattlesnakes and I'll be damned if I get rid of them. SURPRISE!? I love surprises! Like dogs and snakes, too.

Last edited by Darrel; 06/05/12. Reason: spelling
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What is it with cops coming on people's property and shooting their dogs? mad

If I was in your yard, your dog charged me, I'd shoot him also.
I'm not a cop.

And then I would shoot you.

For a dog, you will kill?

Lets see, an armed tresspasser is in my yard and shoots my labrador who has no history of violence. I am pretty sure that I am going to be armed and the police will be called. What is the homeowner supposed to think? How can you possibly think it is justified to shoot someones dog. These dogs in the article did not make any mistaked. They did not attack. One was in the cage and the other was lying on the door step. You are trying to create a scenerio where you are an innocent victim and my dog was on the attack... which is not related to this story.

I would likely pull a gun on an armed and dangerous tresspasser in my yard who appears to be shooting 'my protector'. Where it goes from there is hard to predict.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Darrel
Coming into my yard uninvited is fine! My little Shi Tzu cannot and will not hurt you. I keep her inside. But, if you get bit that's tough [bleep]; my yard has a few (six known at last count) rattlesnakes and I'll be damned if I get rid of them. SURPRISE!? I love surprises! Like dogs and snakes, too.

My kind of yard.
Friendly owner with pets.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Labs aren not violent in IMHO. You have no problems from me.

Responsibility for any pet is a 24/7 job. Not mine as I walk by.

Last edited by Wtxj; 06/05/12.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
How did your scenario suddenly become about you walking by someone's yard?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Haha, want to kick it off again tonight------------LOL at you. Go meet a girl or something.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's about the caliber of response I expected.

M
M
This has been happening in Austin,TX. If your dogs are outside, even in your own yard, this could happen to you. I live in a small town NW of Austin & have been threatend over my Boxers. I now have armed my house & myself as I live alone. I travel in an RV when I travel & they go with me. When I am home inside my home, so are they, inside my home. My dogs were in the completely fenced yard, 6ft chainlink with bars that go into the ground at the gates. I was called on the phone by small town local police, the dogs were barking at them and if I did not "come home" and get them they would be shot. They did not know I was inside the home, the police made it sound like my dogs were outside the fence, they were shocked when I came out the front door and saw 3 cops standing at my gate & yes my dogs were barking at them, from inside the gate. I have a "feeling" my dogs would have been shot dead in the yard if I had not been there so quick from inside the home. Now,I lock my gates with padlocks & with me inside the home, to protect my dogs & myself from the small town local police. I know there are "good" cops & "bad" cops but when you get that GUN officer, you are to protect & serve the public, not kill our pets & children. Texas & the rest of the USA are becomming policed states. People need to be responsible dog owners, police officers need to be accountable for actions they take, even if it is "just a dog".

M
M
Dogs can give you the advantage of TIME to get to your GUNS.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by mad4myboxer
This has been happening in Austin,TX. If your dogs are outside, even in your own yard, this could happen to you. I live in a small town NW of Austin & have been threatend over my Boxers. I now have armed my house & myself as I live alone. I travel in an RV when I travel & they go with me. When I am home inside my home, so are they, inside my home. My dogs were in the completely fenced yard, 6ft chainlink with bars that go into the ground at the gates. I was called on the phone by small town local police, the dogs were barking at them and if I did not "come home" and get them they would be shot. They did not know I was inside the home, the police made it sound like my dogs were outside the fence, they were shocked when I came out the front door and saw 3 cops standing at my gate & yes my dogs were barking at them, from inside the gate. I have a "feeling" my dogs would have been shot dead in the yard if I had not been there so quick from inside the home. Now,I lock my gates with padlocks & with me inside the home, to protect my dogs & myself from the small town local police. I know there are "good" cops & "bad" cops but when you get that GUN officer, you are to protect & serve the public, not kill our pets & children. Texas & the rest of the USA are becomming policed states. People need to be responsible dog owners, police officers need to be accountable for actions they take, even if it is "just a dog".

I smell bullchit.

Dink

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Dogs can give you the advantage of TIME to get to your GUNS.
Welcome aboard. Good posts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Haha, want to kick it off again tonight------------LOL at you. Go meet a girl or something.

You're a douche bag.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by DINK

I smell bullchit.

Dink

+2 Dogchit grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Darrel

My kind of yard.
Friendly owner with pets.
You two were made for each other or a case study. Maybe both,

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, Amos63, 9 invisible), 1,544 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,328
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.