Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Upon seeing and handling a ParaOrdnance 7.45 LDA
<br>I was convinced that PO had invented a better mouse trap.
<br>
<br>After being a deputy sheriff for 20 years I keep my carry permit up for the obvious reasons. I like the .45 ACP caliber and decided that the compact stainless model (C7.45 LDA) was for me and ordered two.
<br>
<br>They came in and were quickly trundled off to the range.
<br>I started getting malfunctions immediately with both guns. The tfirst malfunction were failure to extract an empty case causing a difficult jam when the slide pushed the next round in the magazine forward into the base of the empty shell still in the chamber.
<br>
<br>The second malfunction was a failure to go into battery.
<br>
<br>I fussed and fumed through the first session with both guns and went home and cleaned them. The next session was more of the same.
<br>
<br>By the way I used all types of ammo from the principle makers (Winc, Rem, Fed, mil FMJ) in both solid and hollow-point.
<br>
<br>So I sent the guns back to PO to be fixed.
<br>
<br>In the most recent edition of Combat Handguns the guy reviewing the C7.45 LDA had the same two malfunctions--failure to extract and failure to go to battery.
<br>
<br>I talked to the tech at PO today and he assured me that the guns would, in fact, be reliable enough to be carried for serious social purposes.
<br>
<br>I was wondering what kinds of experiences other shooters were having with PO in general and with the LDA in specific.
<br>
<br>Any comments?
<br>
<br>Thanks,
<br>
<br>Norm

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
GB1

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
A friend has 2 LDA's and has well over 2000 rounds through them combined with no troubles. I pretty much only hear good things about PO but that is not my personal experience. A few years ago I bought a brand new P12. It would fail to go into battery sometimes but worse was after only 3 boxes of ammo the recoil spring cap broke and went downrange. I inspected it as did the gunsmith at the range and just put on another cap from a colt officers (they are the same part). It went downrange in less than 15 rounds. I called PO and they basically said it was my fault and sent me a new cap. Well on the second round fired that one went down range. After several calls they finally authorized me to send it in for repairs to their place in Florida. It came back after a long time and I took it straight to the firing range, located at the gunstore. 34 rounds later the cap goes down range so I immediately had it boxed up and sent back. Another long time later it came back "fixed". Straight to the range I went and after 5 rounds it decided it wanted to grow up to be a submachine pistol. While a fully auto P12 is amusing it is not exactly legal. I demanded a replacement pistol as obviously I had in my possesion one which was so f'd up it could never be fixed to where I would have any confidence in it. It took several months and discussions with the CEO himself to get it replaced with a properly functioning pistol. All told it took 14 months from purchase to having in my possesion anything better than an expensive paper weight. Not to mention the extra money incurred in phone calls, shipping, and registered mail. Once you get a properly functioning Para Ordinance you will love it, but I won't take that chance again.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Karl,
<br>
<br>Thanks for the comments. It will be interesting to see how the pair performs when I get them back.
<br>
<br>I have several boxes of hardball and various brands of JHP in several bullet weights. We shall see how reliable they actually are.
<br>
<br>Norm

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 31 invisible), 2,206 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,499
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.