Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Wonder why we don't need No Stinkin Congress? Borat Oboma knows whats best for us.

Guess American young people here in GA won't be working at McDonalds much longer.

Really good job by Prez and Axelrodd!!

Old Doug
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember as a kid my dad getting two weeks vacation every Summer. He was a Sherwin Williams machinist and a member of the machinist union.
That union did little to nothing for him and he resented paying dues to them.
My childhood pals down the road had a dad who worked for USS (U.S. Steel.)
He was a steelworkers union member.
He had 14 weeks a year vacation--every single year, and he was just a grunt at the plant. They spent their Summers at Yellowstone, Alaska...the list goes on.
Those plants are now all empty and we import Chinese steel.

Those union pigs sacrificed the future on the altar of the present. It was all about GREED. It still is for the most part.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by temmi
Originally Posted by TooDogs
Bush had intentions of doing the same granting amnesty to illegal_imms.

Don't take this wrong:

1: Bush is out of office

2: Bush did not do it

3: Seems Obwan will, on his own, with no input from congress

Snake

Spot on.. But to some, it's always Bush's fault..

BTW, fugg off ribka.
Union strength is pretty close to gone.
Regarding public unions, GOOD..
Look to my state of Wisconsin as an example. Bravo Gov. Walker!
Yep.. And the unionistas are gagging en-masse on all them bitter pills.. All I can say is, "open wide and hold yer nose".. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dinner's on me if we ever meet.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Penguin
Originally Posted by broomd
Union poison has done in our steel industry, much of our auto industry, our education system...

You need to read up on economics if you truly believe that.

These industries were targeted and taken out in textbook mercantilistic fashion. You might want to try and understand what role the reserve currency status of the dollar played in the decimation of American industry. You might want to consider why it is that industry and industry, union or not, was taken down in similar fashion. How did unions play a role in making textiles and clothing unprofitable? (Hint: none)

Blaming unions is a stupid and incorrect way of trying to understand how American industry has been strip mined. You're going to have to go beyond Rush and Ron to understand it.

Will

Will, while I respect "Rush" and know of "Ron" (he's not my guy in spite of your clairvoyance), I have a firm understanding of what the unions have done to this great country.
There was a time when they protected the U.S. worker and had a net positive impact, those days are long gone. eg. Europe.

The textile industry likely couldn't compete with Malaysia, China, Mexico, Pakistan and other $1-a-day wage sources...try again.

You are likely a union member getting your pout on...

Last edited by broomd; 06/15/12.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was a rhetorical question meant to gently guide you into an area where union labor costs clearly played no role in the eventual destruction of an entire industry (one of many BTW).... and hence throw some level of doubt into your theory.

As a matter of fact I am not a union member getting my 'pout on'. You can ask around if you wish to confirm this as I have no inkling whatsoever to share my resume with you. Suffice it to say I'm not in a union, I don't believe one exists for my profession.

You're just another right wingnut who would have to resort to Wikipedia to tell me the difference between a shop union and a hiring hall. I'm not really interested in an internet bout with someone who hasn't bothered to understand even the basics of how America was strip mined.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The Congress had YEARS to fix the illegal immigration problem before it comes to this. I blame congress as much as I do Mr. O. Americans either knew or should have known Mr. O was going to do something like this just before the election and 53% still voted for him 3 years ago. Congress should of had this figured out a long before that. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You're just another right wingnut who would have to resort to Wikipedia

More clairvoyance, lol...wiki, Rush, Ron (Paul, I presume.)

btw..I've been on Wiki once or twice in my life. I saw immediately that it is a bogus source of imperfect (usually progressive-sourced) information.
Vote early and often, Penguin...it's your Democrat way...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kwg020
The Congress had YEARS to fix the illegal immigration problem before it comes to this. I blame congress as much as I do Mr. O.
No question - whatsoever...

This Congress is the weakest bunch of weak-teats I've ever known in my LIFE... I wonder if they'll ever find a small pair of cajones to DO WHAT'S RIGHT FOR THE COUNTRY???

I won't hold my breath..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

~snort~

Will

IC B3

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
BTW, fugg off ribka.
Union strength is pretty close to gone. Look to my state of Wisconsin as an example. Bravo Gov. Walker!

Bravo Walker and we can both agree on that point

I was born and raised in Wisconsin. I left at 18 because of sh&&tbags like you that ruined the state. Used to be a great place to live before the parasites like you took control.

Thank God for the TEA party to eradicate the parasitic pests there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shades of 1986

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bush had intentions of doing the same granting amnesty to illegal_imms.

Bush had eight years and didn't do it. Obama has three years and did it. Tell us what he did, not what you wanted him to do.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
1. How many millions did the unions donate to the Oabama campaign in 2008?

2. Why did Boeing move many of its operations to SC? Better BBQ than Seattle?

3. So The mercantilistic Chinese are repsonsible for destroying Detroit -one of the industrial centers of the world 50 years ago? Have you been to Detroit recently? Gary Indiana?

4. Why are all unions actively pursuing illegal aliens for their membership?

Union poison has done in our steel industry, much of our auto industry, our education system...

These industries were targeted and taken out in textbook mercantilistic fashion. You might want to try and understand what role the reserve currency status of the dollar played in the decimation of American industry. You might want to consider why it is that industry and industry, union or not, was taken down in similar fashion. How did unions play a role in making textiles and clothing unprofitable? (Hint: none)

Blaming unions is a stupid and incorrect way of trying to understand how American industry has been strip mined. You're going to have to go beyond Rush and Ron to understand it.

Will

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

~snort~

Will

Comedy gold indeed, Will.

Reread your postings..."gently guiding" with narcistic, know-it-all, condecending "Rush, Wiki, Ron, Wingnut" rhetoric.
If that doesn't read like a page out of Zero's/Emmanuel's/Axelrod's playbook I don't know what does.

The Daily Kos is that way----->

And I couldn't care less about your "resume," lol...G*d, the arrogance.

Last edited by broomd; 06/15/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by catman925
Americans just ain't squeezin out enough babies to supply the future manpower required to run an economy of our size.

we need the influx

Americans are not birthing enough workers to suck out the porto-potties at all the Nascar races you bigots harbor up at.

That is a good portion of the logic of why GWBush wanted to make those qualified illegals tax paying US citizens. A conservative State Senator of WI was on board too.

BTW, I do admire Bush, great POTUS.

OK...you're off my schidt list... grin grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
BTW, fugg off ribka.
Union strength is pretty close to gone. Look to my state of Wisconsin as an example. Bravo Gov. Walker!

Bravo Walker and we can both agree on that point

I was born and raised in Wisconsin. I left at 18 because of sh&&tbags like you that ruined the state. Used to be a great place to live before the parasites like you took control.

Thank God for the TEA party to eradicate the parasitic pests there.

wellllllll, I can't take credit for ruining the state. I do believe Wisconsin did benefit from you leaving. BTW Rebeka, I happen to be a parasite who took back control by helping to ensure Scott Walker remains my Governor, . And every election cycle before that opportunity to remove the real parasite known as Diamond Jim Doyle (D)Madison.

And George Bush did propose a process to enable illegals to become tax paying citizens. THAT is a positive action Bush intended to do. Business would have none of that as it would have hurt their business model. Ya know, pay Juan under the table, not have to contribute to Juan's SS and unemployment insurance costs if Juan was on the payroll as a US citizen. Just saying.

Rebeka, you ignorant s.........

GOA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reread your postings..."gently guiding" with narcistic, know-it-all, condecending "Rush, Wiki, Ron, Wingnut" rhetoric.
If that doesn't read like a page out of Zero's/Emmanuel's/Axelrod's playbook I don't know what does.

The Daily Kos is that way----->

And I couldn't care less about your "resume," lol...G*d, the arrogance.

What can I say, you're the one who labeled union members as veritable democracy smashing wrecking balls in one sentence and then labeled me as one of them in the next. :p

It's not my fault if you don't know the first god damned thing about currency manipulation, dumping, and mercantilism... but then spout off about the decimation of American industry as a byproduct of union membership. And then refuse to acknowledge that nonunion industries have as much likelihood and union ones to fall prey to this unionized menace lol. Next thing you'll be telling us all how lowering the salaries of teachers and firefighters will make us all globally competitive and put an end to this decline in US.

We'll then get back to the neo-liberal (look it up it doesn't mean what you think it does) master plan of importing Asian made durable goods in exchange for PowerPoint presentations and critical path management schedules. smile

Will

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna

Will

say Will, you still carrying that communist party membership card?

Sam......

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Lowering the salary of a fireman or cop from NY, NJ or CA who receives over a $100,000 tax payer funded retirement salary a year with free lifetime healthcare at age 50 would not be a bad idea.

Ok will Keep it simple so even a Neo Lib or Neo Con can understand:

Unions give over $500 million to Obama in 2007 for his campaign

Unions say they are for the working/middle class

Obama says he will "fundamentally change America" if elected

Union leaders are docuemnted visting the house more than any other group

American families' assets fall 40% in the past 20 years

Real unemployment for Americans around 13-15%

Obama gives amnesty to hundreds of thousands of illegals displacing working class American workers and university students from middle class families in the worst economy since the depression.

Unions actively pursue illegal aliens for their rolls.

Obama and Unions say they are for the middle/ working class Americans

Please explain this for me

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 257robertsimp, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,144
Posts18,523,316
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.