Print Thread
Hop To
K
keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
I wanted a little more power than my Ruger 380. I was in a pawn shop and saw the little Kahr CM9 and had to have it.

The CM 9 is just a tad larger than the little Ruger 380 but with a LOT more power.

I shot 100 rounds through the brand new pistol and several things surprised me. First, the pistol was very controlable for a tiny 9, and second was the accuracy. This pistol is a very accurate pistol, make no mistake about that fact. Placing all the shots in the center of mass at 9 yards or head shooting an IDPA target was simply no challenge at all.

I compared this tiny pistol to my Ruger LCP 380 and the tiny Ruger LC 9mm, and the Kahr is a hands down winner. I was simply amazed at the accuracy of the CM 9 with Speer 124g Gold Dots.
We have a 10" steel plate at 15 yards and I could not miss the plate, and the pistol does shoot 3" high at that distance with the 124g Speer Gold dots.

I tried my hand loads with 7.8g of AA#7 with the 124g speer gold dots and accuracy was better than factory loads, which is a great plus. I got into a shoot off with my brother and his Kimber 9mm Compact Solo($900 price tag), and I cleaned his clock!

There were no malfunctions with the Kahr CM9 at all, just like the other Kahr's that I have.

The price that I paid for the CM9 was $389 plus tax, brand new.

Last edited by keith; 06/17/12.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Very nice price... MSRP is $517.00!

I am very fond of my PM9, which is the same gun with a matte slide and 0.1" longer barrel. Very accurate little gun with very good ergonomics and the ability to control even +P+ ammo.

You made a good choice in this one, keith.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
K
keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Good prices on gunbroker for the Kahr CM9.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Thanks for the report.

I have been thinking of buying one.

Dink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I love the Kahr pistols but the M&P Shield has replaced it at top of my list as a conceal carry pistol.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175
I love the Kahr pistols but the M&P Shield has replaced it at top of my list as a conceal carry pistol.

the shield is a much much larger gun relatively speaking. I really don't think its in the same class as the kahr PM or CM guns. all the shields are sold out in my area but they are almost exactly the same size as the walther PPS, all either guns have over a glock 26 is width, thats it. $389 is about the going rate around here for a CM 9.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have the P9 Kahr and there isn't that much different in the Shield in size, but the PM and the CM are definitively smaller than Shield . I personally don't feel comfortable with a Handgun smaller than the Kahr P9, but that is me.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'll tell anyone who will sit still to listen how much I like my PM 9.... Might need a CM 9 too just so I can fool around with cast bullets.... Probably best not to try and do the math on the volume of cast vs jacketed bullets I'd have to shoot to cover the cost of the CM9 though.....grin

I tried some 147 grain loads and found them to be even more accurate than the +P 124 GD loads I carry.... Same hole at 10 yards accurate..... Amazing pocket sized gun......

Please don't feed the trolls!
K
keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
I shot mine again today from a rest at 9 yards, bullets were touching with 7.8g of AA#7 with the 124g Gold dots, I am amazed that such a small pistol will shoot this well.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I personally don't feel comfortable with a Handgun smaller than the Kahr P9, but that is me.
I feel the same way. The P9 is my favorite every day concealed carry. What's the Shield got that the P9 doesn't, by the way?

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by keith
I wanted a little more power than my Ruger 380. I was in a pawn shop and saw the little Kahr CM9 and had to have it.

The CM 9 is just a tad larger than the little Ruger 380 but with a LOT more power.

I shot 100 rounds through the brand new pistol and several things surprised me. First, the pistol was very controlable for a tiny 9, and second was the accuracy. This pistol is a very accurate pistol, make no mistake about that fact. Placing all the shots in the center of mass at 9 yards or head shooting an IDPA target was simply no challenge at all.

I compared this tiny pistol to my Ruger LCP 380 and the tiny Ruger LC 9mm, and the Kahr is a hands down winner. I was simply amazed at the accuracy of the CM 9 with Speer 124g Gold Dots.
We have a 10" steel plate at 15 yards and I could not miss the plate, and the pistol does shoot 3" high at that distance with the 124g Speer Gold dots.

I tried my hand loads with 7.8g of AA#7 with the 124g speer gold dots and accuracy was better than factory loads, which is a great plus. I got into a shoot off with my brother and his Kimber 9mm Compact Solo($900 price tag), and I cleaned his clock!

There were no malfunctions with the Kahr CM9 at all, just like the other Kahr's that I have.

The price that I paid for the CM9 was $389 plus tax, brand new.
Sweet!!

Good report - and echoes my experiences with the Kahrs to date..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If memory serves it was the Federal HST +P 147 grain loads I tried...... Recoil seemed lower? and I swear a full clip into pretty much the same hole at 10 yards.... I have a laser on mine.... No way I see a front sight well enough to do that......

Need to try a fresh battery in my chronograph..... Seems like I have read that a heavy bullet looses less fpe in a short barrel..... Not sure I would switch to the 147 for carry with out more research..... But seriously give some heavy bullets a try just to see if your new gun shoots even better.....

Since you reload..... I'd love a range report using 147 cast bullets......

I have a 3" model 60 S&W with adjustable sights..... That was designed to be my "kit gun" it mostly just gathers dust now because I shoot the Kahr better......

Please don't feed the trolls!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have the PM9 and love it. I have also found it to be very accurate for as small as it is.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I personally don't feel comfortable with a Handgun smaller than the Kahr P9, but that is me.
I feel the same way. The P9 is my favorite every day concealed carry. What's the Shield got that the P9 doesn't, by the way?

Better accuracy and the recoil feels less than my Kahr , but otherwise i still like my Kahr P9 and won't sing anything but good about it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sounds just like my CW9. Never a hitch, it even feeds CCI shot shells every time.

I bought a bunch of the Federal 147hp's and they feed great.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
+1 for the PM9. I carry it in a desantis (sp?) pocket holster in my back pocket. It works esp well in short or pants with a back pocket flap.. It fits better than my wallet does.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Geffray Mynshul
K
keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
I have the Kahr CW9, CW 40, and CW 45...just had to get the tiny micro CM9. No kidding when I say that the CM 9 shoots just as well as the Larger CW 9!

This little CM 9 Puts the J frame 38 special to a shame when it comes to accuracy and shootability, and I had the Smith custom shop do a trigger job on the J frame! J frame is going down the road!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 62 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.