Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
[Linked Image]

Here is a pic of two Mulies killed at 598 yards with one round each from my .308 Tikka back a number of years ago.

[Linked Image]

This pic is from rezeroing out my turrets for a different elevation ( Hunting near my cabin vs where I normally shoot). I shot these groups prone, off my pack and bipod, from the deck of my cabin, using my Tikka .308's "hunting" load.

[Linked Image]

Yep, Them Tikkas Suck!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
What stock is that? ^

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by jwall
southwind -

I have no reason to be prejudiced for/against the Kimbers. However I've read many more complaints about the Kimbers than the Tikkas.

Some report very poor accuracy and others like you report lack of quality.

I have a sample of ONE Tikka and it fits in with most of the reports here. The accuracy is much better than average, the trigger breaks like icicles and I have NOT touched it to tamper with it. It came that way.
[quote=jwall]southwind -

I have had 3 tikkas and two kimbers. I have one tikka (.308 win wickedly accurate) left and still have both kimbers. Accuracy of of my tikka 7mm rem mag wasn't much better than my old model 70 so it went down the road. It also showed pressure signs at lame velocities. Both my kimbers have shot better than an inch regularly with great velocity and no pressure signs. Both kimbers also have a better trigger than my tikka. I still might pick up a .223 t3 just for a fun gun. I think the tikka is a good gun for the money but my kimbers have been an even better better gun for not that much more money.

Last edited by Bigbuck_12; 06/19/12.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bigbuck- I'm not knocking Kimbers. Don't have one, not had one.

I'm sure you know there are people very happy with theirs, and there are people who report poor accuracy.

All I am saying is I've read more criticism about Kimbers than Tikkas.

No offense intended.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone else find the forearm checkering to be off putting? I think it is the gaps between the checkering I might find odd feeling. Curious if I am alone on this.

Really want to like one.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree, probably the main reason that I don't own a newer Tikka.

`Bring Enough Gun`
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by southwind
Then they are poor unfortunate souls aren't they?

Never came to that conclusion, my T3-after-life is pretty good I'd say laugh

Not a Tikka owner any more, but if I had to pick one it would probably be an M695.

Am I now banned from this T3-fraternity? grin

(best shooter in my collection currently is, believe it or not, my .375 CZ wink )

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe you. My 375 is a 2" @ 100 with the open express sights. I refuse to scope it because I would be tempted to use it as a target rifle. smile

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by medicman
I believe you. My 375 is a 2" @ 100 with the open express sights. I refuse to scope it because I would be tempted to use it as a target rifle. smile
With open sights? Damn great shootin!!!...............Hb

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm not predjudiced, I've got two Tikkas and two kimbers. Won't part with any of them.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More than a little curious to see how that T3 recoil luggette is faring twenty years from now.

Seems there's a thriving business in Rem style recoil lugs for the T3 over on the Hide.

That luggette is just one of the engineering compromises which turned me off of the T3 design.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Twenty years from now I'll be sitting in the old folks home, drooling on myself. Won't matter much. LOL

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I've given my family instructions to bury me in a hole standing up face into the prevailing wind. 20 years would be good. wink And my older Tikkas (M65) shoot just fine day in and day out.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by DELGUE
Originally Posted by senior

Curious just what reasonably priced, stock rifle you have that is so much better??

Left handed Kimber of Oregon M84.
Better in just about every respect.
And yes, I've owned a T3.

What's Kimber selling those left-handed M84's for these days? What calibers can I get one in?

I want one of those rifles like Boxer has, only with the handle on the left...

You smart ass! grin

You know you can't get a new M84 in left hand.

Can hardly ever find a used one either. If one went up for sale you'd have to race me to get it too!

Yep!! You betcher ass I know. And therein lies the pickle. It does me no good to hear how superior the Kimber is if I can't get one. Which leaves the rest of the lefties being produced, good or bad.

Sorry nsa, I had to mess with you a little bit over that, you lucky dog!!! grin

Take care, bro.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by DELGUE
Originally Posted by senior

Curious just what reasonably priced, stock rifle you have that is so much better??

Left handed Kimber of Oregon M84.
Better in just about every respect.
And yes, I've owned a T3.

What's Kimber selling those left-handed M84's for these days? What calibers can I get one in?

I want one of those rifles like Boxer has, only with the handle on the left...

A very good friend bought a Kimber Montana this year and I was hugely disapointed in the quality, fit and finish as well as the accuracy. His son bought a model 70 ew at the same time and the difference was stark with the model 70 far better in every aspect.

He took it on a bear hunt with me this spring and the stock didn't hold up very well. It scratch easily and chipped too. I would take a Tikka any day and with the price difference I could buy two Tikkas.

And therein lies the other problem - the infamous 'Kimber lottery'. Some are jewels, and some seem to be dogs, for some reason. Dunno why, but there seems to be an inordinate amount of inconsistency in Kimber production.

And the Winchester 70's are little more available to lefties than Kimber's are. Rarely you'll see one advertised, but for the most part they are myth and legend.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hamburg81
Then they are poor unfortunate souls aren't they?

Never came to that conclusion, my T3-after-life is pretty good I'd say laugh

Not a Tikka owner any more, but if I had to pick one it would probably be an M695.

Am I now banned from this T3-fraternity? grin

(best shooter in my collection currently is, believe it or not, my .375 CZ wink )

No, you are not banned from the fraternity but you will have to be alumni status and sit quietly on the front row unless called upon. hehehe.....

I don't doubt you on your cz, they are another under-appreciated firearm.
grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More than a little curious to see how that T3 recoil luggette is faring twenty years from now.

Seems there's a thriving business in Rem style recoil lugs for the T3 over on the Hide.

That luggette is just one of the engineering compromises which turned me off of the T3 design.

Actually it is an engineering feat because of the presise fit and location it requires no bedding. BUT I too wonder about the life cycle. On the plus side there is no problem with adding a standard lug down the line if you rebarrel or have a problem with the "luggette" (I like that name by the way)

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nice shootin' DC.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Thanks Trav, it is my 600yd coyote gun, haha!

Regarding the lug, I agree it is an odd design, but if it ever goes bad I will simply get another lug...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had a post here some time ago about a worn luggette on a T3 and not only was the luggette worn but it also battered the slot in the receiver.
A Rem style recoil lug would eliminate this concern.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 29 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,115
Posts18,483,452
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.