Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Remember when George W. Bush was campaigning on a humble foreign policy (the traditional conservative Republican counterpoint position to that of the internationalist leftist Democrats), withdrawal from policing the world and nation building, and generally getting government out of our hair domestically? How'd that work out for you?

gosh, what could possibly have happened some time after January 2001 that would make that humble foreign policy stuff kind of ridiculous? think hard....you'll remember.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Remember when George W. Bush was campaigning on a humble foreign policy (the traditional conservative Republican counterpoint position to that of the internationalist leftist Democrats), withdrawal from policing the world and nation building, and generally getting government out of our hair domestically? How'd that work out for you?

gosh, what could possibly have happened some time after January 2001 that would make that humble foreign policy stuff kind of ridiculous? think hard....you'll remember.

Now now Steve, you know the Paulista's think the oceans protect us from all harm. Don't go confusing them with facts. It will hurt their empty little heads. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
[quote=oldtimer303] So your political non answer to the direct question is an admission that Obama has no good programs or qualities. shocked

(quote= SAcharlie)I for one understand that healthcare needed reform but it appears that reform was again over taken by special interests; not good.
All the rest I have no way of knowing when the mantra, of the republican controlled house, is "our job is to make sure that Obama is a one term president".

Can you stay with the OP and say something about Romney? [/quote

Sorry Charlie!
Double speak but still no answer for Obamas good programs and policies. laugh GW

Last edited by oldtimer303; 06/23/12.

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Steve,

To repeal Obamacare, the Republicans are going to need 60 in the senate. It ain't gunna happen. If the Court doesn't find it unconstitutional, we're screwed.

One aspect you ought not forget is that many Republicans were initially for Obamacare. In fact, many Republicans jumped on "...our medical care system is broken," bandwagon. There was nothing wrong with our health care system. There was something fatally wrong with funding it. Medicare & prescription drug benefits are a 100 trillion dollar unfunded liability. It is not sustainable. However, politicians don't have the fortitude to roll back entitlements that supplicants, er, I mean too many Americans believe are rightfully theirs. Therefore, in lieu of finding new jobs, politicians placed blame on delivery. Knowing what a tremendous burden these entitlements are on our budget, I am fairly certain that Republicans would have passed a similar law but with a more friendly title. Either way, those of us who have worked to earn good quality medical care will have it compromised in order to keep entitlements afloat. We're being taxed and our health care will be compromised in order to fund entitlements.

Steve_No, what we have to do is distinguish between campaign promises and what will likely occur. Romney was fond of appointing liberal judges, so if his M.O. is any indicator of what he's likely to do, I wouldn't expect him to appoint conservative judges.

I don't think any candidate other than Paul will drill baby, drill. There's too much old money tied up in foreign oil to allow it to happen. Somehow, foreign oil influence has to be truncated. I wouldn't hold my breath awaiting Romney to drill baby, drill. You gotta know where the money's coming from in order to predict what will happen.

The only budget I have seen that I really like is Paul's proposed budget. However, Ryan's ain't half-bad. A president can proposed any budget. Whether congress approves it is another matter entirely. Keep entitlements in mind. Politicians know that we're living our Founding Fathers & Tocqueville's prediction: Americans vote themselves largess to the detriment of the survival of our nation.

Steve_No, unless we get our fiscal house in order, we're not much longer as the greatest nation this world has ever known. It will require a true leader who'll shoot straight. Except for those on it or so close to retirement that it would be unconscionable to deny them, Social Security has got to go. It's a Ponzi scheme that cannot last much longer. So does Medicare and prescription drug benefits, which was a Republican boondoggle. We must stop fighting stupid wars where no threat to America exists. However, there's big money in warfare. We must close our borders, something Republicans won't do. After all, they need all the workers they can get to fund Social Security. The current ratio of workers to receivers of about 2.1:1 is not sustainable. The UN has got to go. We don't need it. It has eroded our sovereignty. And the Fed has got to go.

The bottom line is you want us to believe that Romney is going to deliver the goods. I ain't buying it. He's a big government, neocon elitist who'll say anything to become president. He didn't become governor of the most liberal state in the nation because he was conservative.

I can see it. I hope you can, too.

Hasta Luego,

R

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
[quote=oldtimer303] So your political non answer to the direct question is an admission that Obama has no good programs or qualities. shocked

I for one understand that healthcare needed reform but it appears that reform was again over taken by special interests; not good.
All the rest I have no way of knowing when the mantra, of the republican controlled house, is "our job is to make sure that Obama is a one term president".

Double speak but still no answer for Obamas good programs and policies. laugh GW
Here is the list of obama good policies:

Impressive!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

I for one understand that healthcare needed reform but it appears that reform was again over taken by special interests; not good.

Sorry Charlie!

oldtimer,

Please tell me what exactly about our health care needed reforming?

We have the best health care in the world. It might soon be available to only the elite.

Take care,

R

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by mike762

Promises and Bull$hit, sounds about right. You can go on and on all day, but it won't change the fact that everything Romney says is in direct contradiction to how he governed, and it's all not worth the spittle he has used to utter it.

�Other than your opinion, you have no facts to back your assertions.�

The record clearly shows that Romney has the ability to change with the tide.
Mitt was the Governor of a blue state and his record reflects that.
Those who know him and say that he works as a consensus builder both as a Governor and a CEO have his record and his results to back them up.

Obviously based on the facts, Romney is driven by the need for results and not by ideological boundaries.

Yes he was a lefty in MA, he was not a stupid man.

As the momentum builds for a second conservative landslide this fall, he has not suddenly caught a case of the stupids. He is fully aware of what happen in the 2010 election and has moved further to the right than he as ever been before.

As he faces a 2013 Congress that will have also moved even more to the right, he will have no reason to pick a fight, nor buck the odds and try to govern as if he was back in MA.
Romney wants results that will build his legacy, and he wants a second term.

So when that �so called Tea Party Republicans have done $hit since they've been there�� except to send yearly Ryan budgets to the Senate where they died along side Orrin Hatch�s balanced budget amendments come back in 2013...

When the 2013 Ryan budget and Senator Orrin Hatch 18th balanced budget bill drops on President Romney�s desk�he will sign them in a heartbeat.

He will kill ObamaCare on Day One because�Romney is not a stupid man.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raisuli

Steve_No, what we have to do is distinguish between campaign promises and what will likely occur. Romney was fond of appointing liberal judges, so if his M.O. is any indicator of what he's likely to do, I wouldn't expect him to appoint conservative judges.

R

some of you boys can't seem to grasp the difference between being governor of Mass and president of the United States.

Romney has been a financial supporter and active member of the Federalist Society for many years. Do you know who is running the group vetting judges for him right now....and yes, they're already making the lists? It's Robert Bork. That should calm your worries about judges.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Sorry Charlie!

oldtimer,

Please tell me what exactly about our health care needed reforming?

We have the best health care in the world. It might soon be available to only the elite.

Take care,

R

That was Charlies remarks not mine. I agree with you. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Steve_No,

The hurdle you'll have to overcome in defending Romney is Romney.

There is not a thing about him that I trust.

I am still praying for a brokered convention, which might be more likely that you'll want to accept. If it's obvious that Romney can't whip Obama, look for a brokered convention.

Rumor has it that many delegates are about to mutiny Romney's ship.

R

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
oldtimer,

Sorry about my error. Thanks for setting me straight.

Let's see if Charlie will enlighten me.

Thanks,

R

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Rumor Paulie fantasy has it that many delegates are about to mutiny Romney's ship.

R

fixed it for you. it's one thing to argue that RP is right and everybody else is wrong....that's an opinion, and everybody is entitled to have one. but this continuing self-delusion about who has won the nomination, and who lost every primary, badly, is just kind of pathetic.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
but this continuing self-delusion about who has won the nomination, and who lost every primary, badly, is just kind of pathetic.

Steve_No,

This is YOUR argument, not mine. I know who has most Republican delegates. My argument is about the survival of our nation. You want me to believe Romney will deliver us. You have yet to sell me anything that I am willing to buy.

If anyone is delusional, it's you. You haven't a clue about how precarious our economy is. And like a tail wagging a dog, our economy wags our government. If our country is to survive, we will need a true leader who will do all that's necessary to right our badly listing ship. And the first place to start is cutting entitlement spending. We need real tax cuts. Which brings to mind a recent funny comment of Romney about his illusory tax cuts on the rich.

I will never play the class warfare game. If you have studied the French and Russian revolutions you know why.

The federal bureaucracy has got to be given a shave. We have too many federal workers enforcing too many laws that impede economic growth and enslave us.

We need but one czar: the cut-the-hell-outta-bureaucracy czar. I'd suspect he'd be working lots of O/T.

Steve_No, we are mired in the worst depression since the Great Depression. Do you really believe Romney is going to deliver us?

R

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I understand ya boys are having a hard time with it but try real hard and say something about ROMNEY besides "he is not my 1st choice but...".

Last edited by SAcharlie; 06/23/12.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
there is going to be an election between Romney and Obama in November. not between Obama and your heartthrob.

yes, it would be good if we had a Congress that would cut back the federal government more than the Ryan budget. It would be nice if the democrats weren't such slimes, and if they had less than 40 votes in the Senate. but part of being a grownup is recognizing the reality of a situation and dealing with it.

if we all had unicorns to ride, we wouldn't have to put up with the TSA...and I'm all for that, too. but this election is between two guys.....you can pick one, or you can whine that your man isn't on the ballot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we will need a true leader who will do all that's necessary to right our badly listing ship.

Like Ron Paul, a man that has been in Washington for years and years and has done nothing but pull a little pork to Texas? Surely you jest. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
there is going to be an election between Romney and Obama in November.

YES spit in one hand & wish in the other.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Only about 5 more months of this, then we can count chads, count or not count military votes, find entire precincts worth of votes in the trunk of cars, oops, found some more in courthouse basement. Count votes until bammy wins or martial law is declared. This guy ain't just gonna walk away. Sorry.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Well, at least you're out in the open in your conviction that traditional conservatism is ridiculous.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

To repeal Obamacare, the Republicans are going to need 60 in the senate. It ain't gunna happen. If the Court doesn't find it unconstitutional, we're screwed.

R

To repeal Obamacare the 2013 Senate will not need 60 votes only a majority.
Romney has made that his number one core issue and like I have said�he ain�t gonna pick a fight with the new Conservative Senate.

I am still waiting for someone to show me why he would do that�

Anybody that thinks that the Republicans won�t have that majority hasn�t been paying attention.

Anybody that thinks that 2012 will not be another wave election just like 2010 hasn�t been paying attention to what just happened in Wisconsin.

Anybody that still thinks here in Missouri it is still a tossup hasn�t been paying attention. We have two strong contenders, either Steelman or Brunner will be showing McCaskill the door and she will have to move quick to not let it hit in the ass.

The list goes on�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,516
Posts18,490,910
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.