Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I remember the old cheese factory. Are they still processing cheese there? I did not think they were. Not many dairy farms in Star Valley anymore are there? I am thinking maybe two or three?? How is Freedom Arms doing in this recession, if anyone knows?

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was born and raised there. 4th generation of people to do so. Family owns a ranch in Etna. No finer place on earth IMO. But it is a tuff place to make a living.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My fathers family came from there, mothers came from Paris id. Cold in the winter but beautiful in the four month summer. Guess there is going to be a temple in Etna in the near future. The Utes come through in droves in he summer. Wish I was able to spend more time there as a kid, before my father passed. Good luck.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 24mileboy
My fathers family came from there, mothers came from Paris id. Cold in the winter but beautiful in the four month summer. Guess there is going to be a temple in Etna in the near future. The Utes come through in droves in he summer. Wish I was able to spend more time there as a kid, before my father passed. Good luck.

Paris Idaho is a nice little town. My grandfather used to teach at the old Paris Academy back in the day. That would have been in the 20's I'm guessin. I'm told the foundation of the old building is still visible on the hillside. The old Paris Tabernacle is quite a fascinating structure. Bear Lake is beautiful country. Liked it better when there were more ranches and fewer condos.

Last edited by RobJordan; 07/10/12.

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes my mother graduated from the Academy, not sure 1st version or second, can't remember if it burned down before and after she went there or just after. The tabernacle is breathtaking, how they built that in the 1880's.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hunted there a number of times in the late 80's.
My buddy's family was from there, he was also was related to some mink farmers that lived there by the last name of Chadwick.

Back then it seemed like two kind of folks lived there, those just making it and the wealthy that had vacation dream homes.

Beautiful country...

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I hunted there a number of times in the late 80's.
My buddy's family was from there, he was also was related to some mink farmers that lived there by the last name of Chadwick.

Back then it seemed like two kind of folks lived there, those just making it and the wealthy that had vacation dream homes.

Beautiful country...

[Linked Image]

I did a guided Mule Deer hunt about 8 years ago in the Gray's River drainage. The country was beautiful. Nothing beats a high country, late season mule deer hunt.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Great hunting and fishing and close to even more great hunting and fishing.

1Minute
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 13,706 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,149
Posts18,542,624
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.