Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh and you'll have to bore the see thru rings outta forged billet tungsten to get 'em to hold sick

If ya wanna pic of mine PM me yer cell and I'll shoot ya a pic of the band area. smile

Gunner

Oh, and yer nickname of "Pelter" certainly applies to the Bore rifles eek

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Got no "Cell"

I've got several good patterns to work offa',.....just bear in mind that this is no "Replica" of much of anything in particular, more like a "Ronny" of old gun parts getting together to form a unit of some sort.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well, the brass estucheons are roughed out , slotted, inletted.
Will set up the screws (or machine screws to retain em' tomorrow, than go to carving the barrel underlug

[Linked Image]

I built a pretty nice sporter in .308, back in 1975. It was built on a "Rhinehart Fajen" blank, my first "Inletting Job".......I built, forged and machined up the carving tools pictured before tackling that job,....they're holding up well, and they really have continued to fill the bill, since. GREAT for cutting out gaskets, too wink .

[Linked Image]

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Got no "Cell"

I've got several good patterns to work offa',.....just bear in mind that this is no "Replica" of much of anything in particular, more like a "Ronny" of old gun parts getting together to form a unit of some sort.

GTC

RAH-JAH, glad ya have some working patterns. wink

Gunner

And lookin' good Cross.

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Impressive.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by crowrifle
Impressive.

Crosses' work? no doubt Crowrifle, but touching off one of these Bore Rifles is in its own special and very enlightening way, very IMPRESSIVE as well. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I ain't like others who had a man crush on him, but I do recognize and appreciate that level of skill. He and ScottF need to be passing some of that savy on to others.

And yes I would love a chance to to dance with that girl when he gets all her parts back in place.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No man crush implied CR, I was agreeing with your recognition of talent, nothing more or less, and iffin yer through Okiehoma way and dont get all the way to Az. give me a PM buzz, you can fire my 8-Bore too, had a hand out West cast me up 4 Hunnert round balls, and got lots of BP and Musket Caps. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Many thanks!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by crowrifle
Many thanks!

You betcha Bro. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Been on the go,.....lotsa' projects at the range, and the orchard never sleeps. Got a few critical little "detail" jobs aced,....the barrel under lug is milled, installed and it's companion wedge fitted,......one needs a clamp to install an remove it. On anything that demonstrates serious recoil, that is the ONLY way to fly. Found a bit of Starret O1, and carved out a trigger, too.

[Linked Image]

Had to fit a "Travel Limiting screw" through the trigger plate, I'm kinda' happy with the trigger,.....bearing in mind that this is no Benchrest gun,......

[Linked Image]

In between mechanical repair and revision, am piling on the acra-glas,......trying to build up something that can be patterned off of,...at a future date.

[Linked Image]

"To Many Letters " is going to be swinging through and lighting for a coupla days, and it would be fun to shoot this beast, so I went ahead and fitted a rather simple but functional Pewter nose cap. This thing is such a CLUB, that it's hard to get very good lines out of one's play.

Not that far from finished, we can still toss something down range with this beast, this weekend. I'm thinking to get Jim's 2 Oz 12 ga slug mold, and just hammer some balls out of em' on the bench. Hoping for minute of Hippo (at 21 feet) class accuracy.

[Linked Image]

Gotta' get to work on a ball mold,.....muy pronto

[Linked Image]

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/18/12.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn that pewter nose cap looks good. wink Keep after it Cross, think ya got a visitor headed yer way that may wanna fire that Pelter. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
nice!

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice to see you're doing such fine work on my 8 bore buddy.... wink
cool grin cool

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
An trigger out of Starrett -01 tool steel. Now that is how firearms should be made.

Again, cutting an trigger out of -01 goes way above and beyond anything in modern production. Great job.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That be some very nice work. Your hair on fire yet? laugh

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Damn that pewter nose cap looks good. wink Keep after it Cross, think ya got a visitor headed yer way that may wanna fire that Pelter. grin

Gunner

Yup, I was driving posts for the gate at the new trap range yesterday AM early yesterday AM when Ed rolled in. With his help getting that sucker hung (I'd already set / concreted posts prior)went FAST.

Once back at the "Rusty Iron" a BP Alloys and casting clinic got rolling,.....interspersed with sundry and compendious yarn spinning and dialogue.

Ed makes a GREAT Pico de Gallo,.....ya' could hardly breath in the old shack for onion and jalape�o fumes for a while.

We'll be casting some big .459s later this AM,.....than do a sizing , loading run.

..........shoot em' Ma�ana wink

GTC

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
That be some very nice work. Your hair on fire yet? laugh

Dan

laughDD, even if his hair catches fire, no worries, workin' on an 8-Bore will cause a man to grow more, pronto grin

More good news Cross, helluva deal, that Ed's a smart feller aint he?
You two joinin' forces will have that Big 8 breathing fire and belchin smoke and lead in no time flat. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Gunner,

I can't hold a candle when it comes to Greg's know-how about all things metal-working.

We had an absolute blast (pun intended!) shooting that thing! See the thread in the BPCR forum for a couple of pics.

As to the Pico de Gallo, Greg was on the phone with a gunsmithing customer and had to leave the house because the jalapeno & onion fumes were so bad! I had to suffer through it, after all, I was the one putting it all together. grin

Standing there at the kitchen counter, my eyes pouring tears, my nose threatening to jump off my face and run away, and my fingers burning from the jalapeno juice and then lime juice, coughing like I had TB & emphysema combined! laugh

Good stuff!

One thing we discovered about the 8 Bore, Greg needs to fit sights to it. It apparently is far more accurate than we thought!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Sounds like a helluva trip ya had there Ed, need to get You, Cross, ET, TEXNCAL, and any other BP hands out West, and I need to pull up Sharpsguy [BB] from Texas to ride out with me to the 24 HR Boar Hunt this spring.

Sharps, Percussions, Flinters, and Bore Rifles, pure Black Powder destruction. laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,351
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.