Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Ed_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Has anyone seen one of the Patagonia Nano Puff Hybrid Jackets in person?

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-nano-puff-hybrid-jacket?p=83320-0-065

The hybrid of fleece and insulation look very interesting. This might replace my Mont-Bell Themawrap as my active insulation layer.

Ed T

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like it a lot..not $250 though. Maybe if it hits the clearance section...

E
Ed_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Yeah, the price is pretty steep even for Patagucci.

Ed T

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
When I saw it in the catalog, my first thought was... "The marketing company needing something to overcharge for, and this was thier baby"

I can't think of any good reason for it, or the price tag.

REI Revelcloud still gets my vote for bang for buck. Regular nano puff is a great one as well.

Last edited by OutdoorAg; 07/11/12.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I won't give them a penny of my money even if they invented the best ________, you name it.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I won't give them a penny of my money even if they invented the best ________, you name it.

Why not?

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2753504/2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
No they won't comeout and say they are anti-hunting. Mainly because they know that a lot of flyfisherman also hunt. They don't want to hurt their revenues. However they as a company and even more so as most of their employee's are very anti-hunting and donate both a lot of time and money to the cause. I am not telling anyone what to do or not do with their money. As for mine Patagonia will not get a single penny.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here we go again...

Looks interesting but I dont see it replacing my Patagucci micro puff vest and a fleece pull over(that I never wear). I couldnt wear it anyway, too hot I would die in that thing. All I wear skiing is a mid weight wool baselayer and a jacket if any precip is coming down. If I really get cold I turn to my Serape which I have only had to wear maybe twice. Well, I guess it never gets much below 10 degrees here though but I could see wanting one if I lived in a colder climate.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have switched all my snowboarding wear to kuiu nice earth tone colors. Though I do still have a few pants, bibs, and jackets from Moonstone, Mountain Hardware, and Marmot.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No they won't comeout and say they are anti-hunting. Mainly because they know that a lot of flyfisherman also hunt. They don't want to hurt their revenues. However they as a company and even more so as most of their employee's are very anti-hunting and donate both a lot of time and money to the cause. I am not telling anyone what to do or not do with their money. As for mine Patagonia will not get a single penny.

Proof?

And by posting on a open forum you are trying to tell/sway people how to spend their money.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Expensive AND ugly. Best of all worlds.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
E
Ed_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
The Black is Ok, at least it isn't two tone.

The concept make a lot of sense to me, although as Wes said, I think it would be too warm for most conditions.

Ed T

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
No I am stating my opinion and choice. I did not tell anyone what to do or not do with their money.Nice trying to speak for me.

Proof, Lets see I know a few people that work there for one. Another I have a very good friend that knows and has climbed with Yvon Chouinard. He expressed his displeasure of hunting with my friend. My friend is a hunter but did not mention that to Yvon.

And then there is just plain reading between the lines. These are their words.

Our Reason for Being
Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.
�Patagonia's Mission Statement

Patagonia grew out of a small company that made tools for climbers. Alpinism remains at the heart of a worldwide business that still makes clothes for climbing � as well as for skiing, snowboarding, surfing, fly fishing, paddling and trail running. These are all silent sports. None requires a motor; none delivers the cheers of a crowd. In each sport, reward comes in the form of hard-won grace and moments of connection between us and nature.

Our values reflect those of a business started by a band of climbers and surfers, and the minimalist style they promoted. The approach we take towards product design demonstrates a bias for simplicity and utility.

For us at Patagonia, a love of wild and beautiful places demands participation in the fight to save them, and to help reverse the steep decline in the overall environmental health of our planet. We donate our time, services and at least 1% of our sales to hundreds of grassroots environmental groups all over the world who work to help reverse the tide.

We know that our business activity � from lighting stores to dyeing shirts � creates pollution as a by-product. So we work steadily to reduce those harms. We use recycled polyester in many of our clothes and only organic, rather than pesticide-intensive, cotton.

Staying true to our core values during thirty-plus years in business has helped us create a company we're proud to run and work for. And our focus on making the best products possible has brought us success in the marketplace.

That about sums it up for me. But you rock on.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've been to pro-Wilderness/wild place/environmental meetings before and I'd rather hang with hippies than than a large percentage of the hunting world.

PS I own not a single stitch of Patagonia or ever have.

Rock On? Ha!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

For us at Patagonia, a love of wild and beautiful places demands participation in the fight to save them, and to help reverse the steep decline in the overall environmental health of our planet. We donate our time, services and at least 1% of our sales to hundreds of grassroots environmental groups all over the world who work to help reverse the tide.

Note "we donate our time, services, and at least 1% of our sales to hundreds of grassroots environmental groups all over the world" . Care to take a guess at just a few of the names on their list of hundreds? That is as a company, now take into account all the employees that do the same on their own time and dime.

Notice I still have not told you or anyone else not to buy any of their products?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dinkshooter
I've been to pro-Wilderness/wild place/environmental meetings before and I'd rather hang with hippies than than a large percentage of the hunting world.

I agree

You would see me wearing a PETA t-shrit before you ever caught me with something with a Bone collector logo or shooting Ted Nugent ammo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well you will never catch me wearing anything from or to do anything with PETA. You won't catch me wearing any bone collector stuff. I roll my own ammo and I don't believe Ted markets any arrows. So I am safe all around.

As for hippies I have met two types and niether intrested me. I could careless if a guy or gal hunts or not, its not for everyone and niether is a list of other things. I can get along with anyone that is into the outdoors provided they are not ignorant idiots, anti-gun, and anti-hunting.

Chances are that if your a liberal I am not going to like you. Liberals are anti-America and should just pack their bags and move to France and never comeback.

I know I don't like brad, big w, and dinkshooter.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hey, I used to be a liberal in college before I started and ran my own company for many years....gives you a totally different perspective. I think we would get along fine. I'm with you on the Patagonia stuff....too much PETA like and their save the world ads are too contrived to sell overpriced average quality merchandise.

Its a mute point anyway. Some folks are still hypnotized by the aura of Pata stuff. At one time they were pretty cutting edge- not anymore. I ended up with a Patagonia boxer short my wife got me- breathes OK but terrible fabric, it stretches all out of shape and bunches up. Recycled material is a great concept but if its poor functionality at 2x price why bother?

Re the jacket, that one size fits all stuff doesn't fit me anyway so I don't even look at it. I have been using a tall UL syn fill jacket from Cabelas for many years that has worked well.

"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."

Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
B Lance you were young and grew up. To bad the rest can't or won't.

Its only going to get worst, once you give them an inch you will never get it back. Even worst is that giving them an inch helps them open the can all the way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 163bc, 60 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,998
Posts18,500,010
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.