Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Number wise we have half the operating carriers in our navy (11 of 22) as it is, not to mention 9 auxiliary carriers... we have new classes (Ford and Americas) coming on-line now, but most likely they will be a one for one exchange of those coming off line... heck the last of the Nimitz class isn't due to come off line until 2058, and the last of the new class coming on-line sometime around 2040 or so... and the auxiliary classes have quite a bit of capability.

Our navy is larger than the next 13 largest navy's in the world combined...

How large a navy do we need? Don't have a clue what our current military planning is, but just don't see a need for a whole lot more main carriers than what were operating now... not when the cost of one main fleet carrier would probably build 10 or 12 auxiliary carriers.

As to the pissers, appearently it's a new navy! grin

Phil

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

Hold it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would just piss over the side of the boat

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would not have a problem with this if it weren't advertised as "gender neutral".

I was like, really? How is this different than taking a piss at home?

Then I saw the gender neutral PC part and I just, "Oh."

Josh

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I hate to burst you guys bubble but that is nothing new. Urinals are notorious for clogging up and backing up CHT lines. Nothing to do with [bleep], less work for the poop chasers. They have been pulling them off ships since 2000.

-Piss into the wind.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Where is JorgeI when we need him?

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How large a navy do we need? Don't have a clue what our current military planning is, but just don't see a need for a whole lot more main carriers than what were operating now... not when the cost of one main fleet carrier would probably build 10 or 12 auxiliary carriers.

As I see it we are building ships to fight these dinky little wars where we have decisive air superiority. We don't look forward to the war with China/ Russia. Those super carriers will be of much less value when bombarded with Russian and Chinese anti ship missiles. We have a few years left, but China will be able to deploy a serious naval threat very soon.

The Chinese are building many diesel electric subs which suits there war aims. since the fight would be nearer to there waters long endurance isn't critical. In our case though we have to go a long way.

Our Los Angeles class subs only carry 28 tube launched weapons, that isn't enough to take on a large surface fleet, and the boats are old.

Our newer Sea Wolf class has reportedly 50 tube launched weapons, now we are getting somewhere. Still, we need to be able to rearm and resupply at sea.

Subs have no glory, they don't show power because they are small and you can't see them. Best fricking anti ship weapon there is though. Even though the Sub Launched Harpoon could be updated.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats not really important. It's how they compare against China's airforce that matters.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
God if you want hear some bitchin', just piss with the seat down.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
When I was growing up there was one neighbor hood girl that won all the peeing contests. smile.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Number wise we have half the operating carriers in our navy (11 of 22) as it is, not to mention 9 auxiliary carriers... we have new classes (Ford and Americas) coming on-line now, but most likely they will be a one for one exchange of those coming off line... heck the last of the Nimitz class isn't due to come off line until 2058, and the last of the new class coming on-line sometime around 2040 or so... and the auxiliary classes have quite a bit of capability.

Auxiliary carriers? I assume you're referring to the amphibs? I can assure you that they do not match a CVN in anywhere near capability. They are designed for the Amphib role and not power protection. They cannot launch fixed wing other than Harriers (and maybe some day the F-35) and they only carry 20 of those, a lot less if you need to actually run the primary mission using helos and Ospreys.

Don't have a clue what our current military planning is, but just don't see a need for a whole lot more main carriers than what were operating now... not when the cost of one main fleet carrier would probably build 10 or 12 auxiliary carriers.

You should have stopped right at the end of the first sentence in this paragraph. grin . Go ask the Brits, French and Spanish about how the like their little carriers, all of them about half the size of a CVN but it takes a lot more than half that cost to build and run.

As to the pissers, appearently it's a new navy! grin

Phil

Yep, not the Navy I was commissioned in went to war in and retired from. They changed it, they can live with it. It was bad enough managing a division and department of 18 to 28 year old males going to sea for six months. I can't imagine what a pain it is with multi-gender, multi-sexual orientation department/division is now. Used to be I spent 75% of my time on personnel matters vice tactic and being a good aviator. Now, with all the additional special programs and issues it must be a nightmare to be a JO.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's the old joke..Why do females have two sets of lips?

So they can whizzz and moan at the same time.

The Navy is just planning ahead, no pun intended. The females will gripe about the urinals so the Navy is removing that issue and providing wet seats for the ladies.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yea but how much firepower did a 70's era built carrier have compared to one built today! grin

Phil

Actually less, the current air wing has less types of airplanes that can deliver less quantity of munitons (albeit more precisely), and they have less big bang toys on board...

That aside, there's just no end to the pussifcation of the armed forces. And people wander why I hate democraps...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KSMITH
I hate to burst you guys bubble but that is nothing new. Urinals are notorious for clogging up and backing up CHT lines. Nothing to do with [bleep], less work for the poop chasers. They have been pulling them off ships since 2000.

What backs up CHT lines are not the urinals my friend, it's all the used kotexes and extra TONS of toilet paper females use and the commonuters were not designed to process that. As XO and as a Department Head I was unfortunately involved with that stuff

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
it's all in the air wing, of course. wink but no matter how much punch they have, they can't be in two places at once, and 11 in the inventory effectively means you max at 7 you can deploy at once.

Realistically even less Steve, under normal rotation, for every one deployed, you have one preparing to deploy (turnaround training cycle) and one undergoing either maintenance or Refueling and Complex Overhaul (RCOH) which is what all our carriers are doing now as they age. We took Nimitz (the first one) into RCOH, where she was basically gutted, two huge holes cut from the flight deck down to the keel for reactor removal. It's a three year process so ostensibly, they are completely out action. So with Eleven carriers, we could conceivably deploy the carrier in training early (it would entail flight deck certification, Aviator re-qualification day and night and Blue Water Ops as well).

Also, every time I hear this "auxiliary carrier" or smaller carrier bullshit, I immediately think "cluelessness" and Pugs covered that very well.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fear not boys, the world is now, always has been and always will be our urinal!

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by KSMITH

What backs up CHT lines are not the urinals my friend, it's all the used kotexes and extra TONS of toilet paper females use and the commonuters were not designed to process that. As XO and as a Department Head I was unfortunately involved with that stuff
Not saying you are wrong that feminine products do clog stuff up, but they were taking urinals off ships before the women came onboard. The only place you will see them now is in the Marine berthings on gators. Not enough [bleep] for 300 marines waking up so they got to keep the urinals.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Women started gumming up the works in 94, urinals started coming off in 02. Had them on all five carriers I served.
just part of the process...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Funny, I always was told that Navy guys squatted to pee from birth...

Semper Fi smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (260madman, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 59 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,500
Posts18,509,196
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.