Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Man this is gonna get real ugly...real fast. Sucks for everyone involved.

Buy once, cry once.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Visited with my attorney and my Son who is also an attorney about this. We have a plan. I have checked with the BATFE and found he doesn't have a FFL. Legally he can't possess my barreled action. It also appears that the local police have dealt with him in the past. I sent him a certified letter and will pursue this. The drive to Dodge City would be a pleasure.

I hope you can get this resolved without having to tie up lots of time and money with lawyers and such.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any updates?

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
My certified receipt has not returned yet. I did dig out the CMP bill of sale and Certificate of Authenticity.
highbillybear, Fortunately it will be Pro Bono for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope he gets around to returning everyone's stuff. Sure hope i see my guide gun again.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Rode Trip!!! I bet if you show up for your rifle, he would gladly give it to you. You will only be out some time, fuel, and behind on a project. But, you would have your rifle.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Had a skull cleaner try and skip out once with one of my customer's skulls. Couldn't get a hold of him, no returned emails, sent registered letter, etc.

Finally drove down there (2hrs away), and contacted the local police to go with me. The guy was dumbfounded and angry that I showed with cops. Got my skull back. Heard that someone else had to do the same thing after I did, and he assualted a cop!

Good luck.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I had a taxidermist in Alberta ask me to send the final payment on a musk ox shoulder mount, saying it was ready to ship. I sent the $$$ and after a month asked where the hell it was, since it ain't all that far from Alberta to Montana. Didn't get a reply for a week, and then he said it would be shipped immediately. After another week I called and said if I didn't have it within another week I'd be up there to pick it up myself--or the money. I got a phone call the next day from his wife saying it would arrive within three days, and it did.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The drive to Dodge City would be a pleasure.

Evidently you've never driven to Dodge City before. smile

Hope it works out for you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My certified receipt has not returned yet. I did dig out the CMP bill of sale and Certificate of Authenticity.
highbillybear, Fortunately it will be Pro Bono for me.

I am glad the lawyers won't cost you a bunch. I also hope you get to flog the son of a shoat that has so royally screwed you.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Couldn't get a hold of him, no returned emails, sent registered letter, etc.

Finally drove down there (2hrs away),...

Two hours away, and you wasted all that time and money on registered letters, etc?

A couple phone calls gone unanswered and a little drive would've been a given.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane

If one peruses his posts here, he reveals himself as a reasonably knowledgeable yet unstable, hot-headed, homophobic azzhole with a true gift of being able to type faster than his brain can process. Character revealed.

This is spot on....never seen anyone "edit" his posts faster than Jim.

Protect WYDAHO fish and game, fence out Utah.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheesy
The drive to Dodge City would be a pleasure.

Evidently you've never driven to Dodge City before. smile

Hope it works out for you.

I have and you are right!! Pretty ugly country and it just smells like cow [bleep]... I did a buffalo hunt out there a while back...

Andrew
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's hard to wrap my head around the idea that this guy, could also be a theif.... confused

WICHITA, Kansas � Wichita police are honoring a citizen who helped save a teenage from a brutal stabbing earlier this year.

It happened May 10th in the 4900 block of E. Lincoln. James Linthicum saw an 18-year-old man stabbing a 16-year-old boy multiple times in the back outside his apartment complex.

When officers arrived, they found Linthicum had put his body between the suspect and the victim, protecting him from the attacker. They boy was taken to the hospital in critical condition, but survived.

Friday, Linthicum received a special award for his services and recounted the night of the attack.

�I saw the two individuals fighting right in front of me -- about five feet in front of me and the one was stabbing the other one in the back,� he said. �I didn't even have any second thoughts. I just jumped right in and tried to separate the two of them.�

Officers say had it not be for Linthicum�s actions, the victim would likely have died.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Personally, i think something has happened to Jim. Not sure what, but with the work he did for me in the past, and the constant contact he had with me during the work, this just doesn't make sense.
I really hope he is okay.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have a physical address, see if you can do a search for neighbors and call them and ask if they have any info on his status. So if it's a possibility...

http://www.whitepages.com/reverse_address

Hope that helps Butch and good luck sir.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Two hours away, and you wasted all that time and money on registered letters, etc?

$2 for a letter, or 4 hrs and a tank of gas. Hmmmm

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

James Linthicum
Dodge City, KS 67843 (620) 227-0000

Last edited by THOMASMAGNUM; 08/02/12. Reason: removed others
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim is 50, and lives in dodge city.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like he may be a moving target.. Bet there is someone who would pay him a visit.. A good private eye could pin him down in a heart beat..

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, Bclark, 6 invisible), 1,139 guests, and 778 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,687
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.