Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RogueHunter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I have run a heavy barreled .308 Tikka for about 10 years. It repeatedly shoots loads in the .3s

[Linked Image]

I am a DOS/DOD M24 certified armorer and based on years of experience/observations with QC, I would rather run an out of the box new Tikka than a new Remington. Remington of today is not the company it was in 1970.

That is one reason why I shoot a Sako TRG more than my custom Remingtons. It is simply much easier to buy a Tikka or a TRG than to go through the time and hassle of buying a Remington and throwing away everything but the action, and having to true it up before you can even start.

Thanks. In your experience, can you comment on the Tikka CTR vs the Tactical? CTR is runng half the price. (I'm looking for a .308)

Thanks

Without question, go with the CTR.

You can buy a 20,30, 35 or whatever you desire rail and stick it on and be G2G. I bought mine long before the was a "tacical" line. It was simply a T3 Varmint in .308. It had a long barrel on it until recently. Since I have a SAKO TRG and others I decided to cut it down.

Don't get fooled into thinking you need a custom stock either. In the magnum calibers, I have noted some issues with the T3 plastic stocks, but never with non magnum guns.

I own a couple of Tikkas and have some experience with them:

[Linked Image]

A good base and a good set of rings, followed with a high quality scope and you will be set.

I am "thinning the herd" right now in the rifles and optics department, but the both of my T3 .308s (I have a T3 lite cut down for a hunting rifle)are staying, along with the SAKO TRG.

Others will go, but those have been the most stellar out of the box shooters with minimal fuss I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

I have a Leupold MKIV and a couple of others that never get used that are going up on the "for sale" block here pretty soon. I just need to make the dang ads.

The Tikka has really been discovered in the last few years and I doubt prices are going to do anything but climb.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Might be alittle hard for some to understand the fun and joy to build a rifle just for you no other like it. Some guys can be happy walkin in a shop and say ya give me that one. It's like when I was a young man and built my first hotrod. There was blood sweat and tears in my fast ol 55 chevy. It would run by the factory cars for some time.I've had built 2 rifles over my years a mauser action 25.06 and a 700 Rem action 6.5 Creedmoor and have had much joy with both. Guess it's something you like or you don't want to go into. Nothin better when a guy walks up and says what's that....later

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
what part of bucks co are you from bandghunter?
i lived there for 64 years from lower to upper so im probably familiar with it.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
BBH - it might now be a matter of not wanting to build it, it may be a matter of time and/or priorities that keeps one from building from scratch.

Mackay - thanks. I agree. Can't see spending $800 for a stock. I had a Tikka Deluxe Whitetail Hunter in .300WM I bought in 2001 - I loved that rifle.

- Rogue
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (3333vl, 44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 12 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.