Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Good guess,..it could be this guy too...

[Linked Image]

I wonder if anyone told his wife and kids then. crazy

Last edited by tzone; 08/20/12.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by SHW
I still think Nicole Jones is more fun to watch.

http://www.drivenhunter.com/page/team/nicole-jones

Maybe it is just me.

No man, it ain't just you.
grin

Nice! Personally I think that Laura Francese, shooter/model for Martin Archery has 'em both beat. Former NFL cheerleader, too.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Same thing in Tn, except all you need is 50lbs of yella-yelper in the woods down behind your welding shop and a streamlight mounted crossbow.

NO hot babe necessary laugh laugh

"If you have to ask you can't afford it" ETN10
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've hunted both public and private lands, but most of my hunting is on a very large tract of public land (timber), about 200,000 acres, with an additional 80,000 adjacent acres. I see more deer, and usually better bucks, on the private land. Deer are present on the public land, but due to the pressure they are much tougher to hunt. I usually hunt here because I love the variety such a large place holds. Personally, I get bored as heck hunting out of the same tree stand, looking at the same trees day after day, and year after year.

Last year I took my son, 11 at the time, hunting on private land I have access to. We saw over 27 deer that morning, and several more that afternoon/evening. He had MANY oppurtunities to shoot a deer, and got a decent 8 point (his first deer) that evening. It was a great hunt, but the reality is that is was fairly easy. The level of skill required on private land like this is much less than that required on most public land. In fact, the only hunting skill required on a lot of private land is simply the ability to get out of bed and accurately shoot a rifle out to 50 yards. The hunter that frequently shoots deer on public land is typically a much better hunter than one who is sucessful on private ground.

Last edited by okbowman; 08/20/12.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Pics added:

My sons's from last year.

[Linked Image]

My best so far. Taken in 2010 on public land.

[Linked Image]

My three boys.

[Linked Image]

Ugly truck shot.

[Linked Image]

On the wall.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dandies Bowman,...what county.?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Thanks. My son's came from Rogers County, and I shot mine in Pushmataha County.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColdBore
And she admits she doesn't scout!!

The problem I have with Tiffany (and many of the other women on hunting shows) is that it's obvious she is on there simply for eye candy. She admits that she doesn't do anything like scout, set stands, etc. They bring her in for an extra tag and to get guys to watch the show.

true, you rarely see gals like my wife who hunts and fishes but isnt afraid of getting dirty to do it and take parts in all aspects....well almost all anyways....cant get her to gut a critter to save her life but once the gutting is done she is usually in charge of the butchering...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by okbowman
Thanks. My son's came from Rogers County, and I shot mine in Pushmataha County.

...awesome country.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here in Louisana I can tell you if you not in a club/lease or own your land, then you have nowhere to hunt, unless you want to hunt the WMA's with all the crazy hunters.

it's just that way now, I can recall a time there was public and private land you could just go hunt, but thats over now - so we bought our own land - it's what you got to do to ensure you have a place to hunt these days -it's just the way it is, get used to it.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I don't begrudge the land owner trying to make an extra buck from leasing his land. Nor do I begrudge the hunter taking these leases. However, this will have an impact on hunting as we know it, and probably not for the better.

As more land becomes less accessible or more expensive to hunt fewer people will hunt. If there are fewer hunters there will be a negative impact on hunters from new laws and legislation. As time goes by there will be a cultural change and people in general will relate less with hunters. This will make it easier for the anti-hunters to pass their agendas, and could have an effect on gun ownership as well.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
We have leased our property in Dimmit County (S. Texas) out for over 50 yrs. Never hunted anything but private land when I lived in Texas. Public land hunting can be both scary and frustrating. Learned that since I moved to AZ.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MattMan
Originally Posted by huntsonora

I would hope that most people would not base an opinion on a person or group of people based on an accusation from a nameless, faceless person on an internet message board that is OBVIOUSLY bitter towards them in the first place.

But someone should take the word of some outfitter guy on an internet board that's taken a few pictures with them that they're real salt of the earth type people, huh? I'd bet somewhere in the middle lies the truth. I'm sure Lee and Tiffany would rather their neighbors weren't hunters. And I'm sure their neighbors would rather they didn't move in right next door.

Nope. All I ask is that you don't judge them based on internet accusations. I dont expect people to think they're great people based on what I say either but having spent quite a bit of time with them I really like them.

I've spent time around quite a few "known" people and I do not feel the same way about a lot of them as I do the Lakoskys.

Also, just want to make one final point to the guys that say that Tiffany is not a "hunter". Three seasons ago I watched her spot and stalk a whitetail with her bow. She got within 25 yards in open country and killed it. Thats not that damn easy to do

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Man, the green eyed monster is pervasive amongst our members here.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am not posting pics of my wife here or anywhere else for that matter. You guys will take pitty on her and wonder why she ever married that old guy. It will be 39 years this December. She was my High school sweety and we got married right out of school. She was the prom queen our senior year and you pervs are not getting 1 peek at her. Having said that, she will shoot help drag, skin and butcher deer every year. She fillets fish and can cook about anything and make it real tasty. We were fishing up at the dam in a town close to us and I was catching a few and was running out of room in the fish basket. I never asked her to but she grabbed the knife and went to work. One guy kept looking at her and soon he looked at his buddy and said " LOOK AT THAT " !! The buddy kind of glanced at me because he knew she had come with me and he kind of nervous said " LOOK AT WHAT". I never seen a woman that looked like that fillet a fish !! EVERYBODY there laughed their butts off.
I guess she is a keeper.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW --- Tiffany is hot !!!! cool

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Really nice public land bucks.

Originally Posted by okbowman
Pics added:

My sons's from last year.

[Linked Image]

My best so far. Taken in 2010 on public land.

[Linked Image]

My three boys.

[Linked Image]

Ugly truck shot.

[Linked Image]

On the wall.

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
We also plant dozens of small food plots that might range anywhere from one-half acre to an acre or two. Sometimes, I�ll doze out a good spot in the timber, or I�ll use a small field or opening in the woods that was already there. �These small food plots are our killing plots, and I put them in specifically to hunt over. You�ll almost always find them in the interior of the property, well away from any roads.

Clover is always a mainstay for us. In our small food plots � which are an acre or two, or even as small as one-half acre or one-quarter acre � we usually put in clover, or a turnip and rape mixture.

In the same article, these "fields" get smaller and smaller. I wonder how big these patches of "Crush Clover" really are.
http://mathewsinc.com/34672/lee-and-tiffany-lakoskys-field-of-dreams/

Yeah, they are "salt of the earth" [Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Man, the green eyed monster is pervasive amongst our members here.

The devil never quits, Jorge!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The food plots behind where they took my stand from is like15 to 20 acres and there is a good bedding area and another plot of maybe5 to 10 acres. I can see these "SMALL" plots from my stand BUT, they do not pick the crops sometimes till spring and I have seen them picking and discing the same field the same day in the spring getting ready to plant more crops. SO>> Just WHAT is a food plot ?? This is where all of our deer go when our crops are long gone picked and sold.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,798
Posts18,477,446
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.