-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 180 of 2,579 1 2 178 179 180 181 182 2578 2579
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
50 is just what the riverbottom wheat ran. It's on irrigated fields and normally would go 60-80 but we couldn't pump water at that location because the flood last year [bleep] up the pumpsite and we haven't got it fixed yet.

It's just my dad and I so it makes sense to hire cutting done. Between haying and the cows it would be too much work. That and we only seed about 1k in wheat so it's hard to justify spending that much money on equipment.

My buddy's dad bought a new JD this Summer, $500k with the header, insane money but they also cut about about 10k acres of wheat.
Crops look good here, elevators are filling trains left and right, bins are filling up and wheat is going on the ground.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
50 is just what the riverbottom wheat ran. It's on irrigated fields but we couldn't pump water at that location because the flood last year [bleep] up the pumpsite and we haven't got it fixed yet.

It's just my dad and I so it makes sense to hire cutting done. Between haying and the cows it would be too much work. That and we only seed about 1k in wheat so it's hard to justify spending that much money on equipment.

My buddy's dad bought a new JD this Summer, $500k with the header, insane money but they also cut about about 10k acres of wheat.
Crops look good here, elevators are filling trains left and right, bins are filling up and wheat is going on the ground.

We're kinda hit and miss here.
100 bu. straw and 70 yeield in some of the red wheat.
SWW is purty good over all.
They thought it would all be outstanding with all the moisture this spring, but that's farming.
JD here is $650k after hillside and draper head options. Unreal.
Fall wheat is about done and spring beans, lentils, peas, barley and wheat is purty green yet. That same bunch o' moisture set spring stuff up for late cutting after late plant.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Thanks buddy, that means alot.
I can't even get a prayers sent from Seaschit for brains.

SlaveBoy,

you can really be a dumbasss..

do you really really think I would want to see you, or any other forum member have to go thru the hassles of unemployment???

we may make jokes toward each other out of our reverse mutual respect for each other...but I think you'll find few forum members delight in the hardships of another..

I have no desire whatsoever to see you remain unemployed...nor anyone else....

so if makes you feel better, yes you do have both my best wishes and my prayers for a decent job and employment to come your way as soon as possible...

I don't have the wish or desire to aspire to being the asshat that your buddy Schtick loves to be...

kicking someone when they are down makes no man...believe me..

best of luck on the job hunt... sincerely...

Thanks Seaprayer sender.
I can now downgrade my dumbphuck brand of you to
alittlebitlessofthedumbestmotherphuckereverknowntomanandithoughtyourbutchbuttbuddyjeffohadalockonit.
Congratulations?
P.S. With this renewed sense of support from you, I will hit the ground running tomorrow in search of something, no anything, to bring in a little under the table cash money, so as to keep myelf in good beer. Thanks.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, get the big rains early and chit grows like hell then it dries up right when the heads are filling and you'll have nice straw with chit yields.

Our later seeded stuff was burning up but we lucked out and caught a couple thunder storms in July. Really short wheat but it headed out okay and looks to have made a halfway decent crop.

20 miles north of us got a pattern of rain in June/July and they are cutting 50-60 bushel wheat. 20 miles south and they are cutting 20-30 bushel wheat. And it gets way worse farther south, as in zero'd out fields.

That's farming, gambling every year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Yeah, get the big rains early and chit grows like hell then it dries up right when the heads are filling and you'll have nice straw with chit yields.

Our later seeded stuff was burning up but we lucked out and caught a couple thunder storms in July. Really short wheat but it headed out okay and looks to have made a halfway decent crop.

20 miles north of us got a pattern of rain in June/July and they are cutting 50-60 bushel wheat. 20 miles south and they are cutting 20-30 bushel wheat. And it gets way worse farther south, as in zero'd out fields.

Wow, that would suck on the zeroed out stuff.
Glad it going good for you and yours.
Keep it up and happy harvesting. Cows is making you some good coin I'll bet.
Nice to be diversified.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
See give you a little moral support, sincerely I might add, after you complain I am too much of a low life to give it to you...

and then you turn it into sarcastic BS...

well in spite of your attitude...I still wish you and every other person in need of a livelyhood, the best of luck on finding a job as quickly as possible... and a good one that pays well, and also rewards them with a sense of pride to go to work each day.....

maybe if you quit judging people by Scthick's negative standards, the world may look better to you and you'll have a more positive attitude that will increase your chances of landing a good job...

besides me, I am sure that everyone else on here wishes you the best of luck on landing a job quickly....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Up or down it all pays the same for the hired man.
At least the old man should be in a good mood....grin

Last edited by SamOlson; 08/20/12.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I remember getting on an AC once and the guy and his wife sitting next to me where from North Dakota and were telling me that they were going to Vegas for a 4 day long weekend to gamble and take in a few shows...

Meanwhile, one of these knowITall liberal overweight bimbos, stands up and invites herself into the conversation and starts ragging on this guy and his wife about irresponsibility and planning on Gambling for 4 days....

The guy stands up and tells the lady, " I gamble every day of my life Lady!"

Her response is that he is the type that is a disgrace to this country.. and is the reason that this nation is declining....blahblahblahblah...

The guy lets her finish and puts his face right in hers... "I gamble ever day of my life lady! I farm 7000 acres of North Dakota Prairie every day of the year... and I gamble against the good graces of Mother Nature...."

before she could wipe that shocked look off her face, all the surrounding folks who heard the conversation, applauded...

she turned red, sat down and shut up, and buried her nose in a magazine...

the applaud lasted a few minutes until the stewardess announced we would be taking off in a few moments so everyone would please take their seats...

and hour later, we noticed Ms KnowItAll had silently changed seats to the back of the AC....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a pretty sick feeling watching a crop burn up.

My earliest memories of farming was the drought of the 1980's.
More than one year my folk's didn't even start the old Massey 510 combine, wasn't worth the fuel to cut it.
5 bushel wheat worth about $2 a bushel.
Extremely discouraging even for a little kid.

Times like that are a good reminder to stay conservative.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah Sam, my hats off to you boys in the farming biz... its not for the weak hearted or the pessimist....

that plane ride was about 1987 or 1988....

I have a cousin who still farms, and owns about 1800 acres or so in WVa.... most of it farmable...

he and his dad before him have delivered the mail for the Post Office on a rural route for 35 plus years...

ya ask Jim why he works for the Post Office and he'll tell ya, so he can afford to farm...

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sure is a purty crop.

I love the smell of fresh stubble ----- especially with huns rising out of it.

I remember the 80s in Daniels county. whew!

Back when I was a kid, before that dust-up at the Little Bighorn, 20 was considered a good crop and it took a long time to gnaw it off with a used JD-55 that my pa paid $1500 for, "good used'.

If ya don't put the pencil to farmin today, ya won't be in it for long.

I'm glad times are better for you guys.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
We all like to give props to the military, police, and fireman, and they richly deserve it, but we often fail to give proper respect for the American farmer. Thanks for all your hard labor that makes the USA the bread basket of the world. I salute you guys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See give you a little moral support, sincerely I might add, after you complain I am too much of a low life to give it to you...

and then you turn it into sarcastic BS...

well in spite of your attitude...I still wish you and every other person in need of a livelyhood, the best of luck on finding a job as quickly as possible... and a good one that pays well, and also rewards them with a sense of pride to go to work each day.....

maybe if you quit judging people by Scthick's negative standards, the world may look better to you and you'll have a more positive attitude that will increase your chances of landing a good job...

besides me, I am sure that everyone else on here wishes you the best of luck on landing a job quickly....

Thanks for your support.

I don't need anyone else's standards to judge you, but nice try.
I am positive your momma tied a porkchop round yer neck to get the dogs to play with you.
The world looks damn fine to me, thanks anyway.
Just keep paying your taxes.................

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I;m sure your mom put a grenade on a chain around your neck....but you were never smart enough to figure out how to pull the pin, much to her disappointment..

so that insurance policy she had never paid off...

hope you get a job anyway, despite probably not being very good at a job interview... unless you figured out how to leave being a dork, on the door step...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm sure your mom put a grenade on a chain around your neck....but you were never smart enough to figure out how to pull the pin, much to her disappointment..

so that insurance policy she had never paid off...

hope you get a job anyway, despite probably not being very good at a job interview... unless you figured out how to leave being a dork, on the door step...

Gee, I thought about this post... that is totally inappropriate, no matter how true it is....so

you were so ugly your mom tied a porkchop around your neck, so that the dogs would play with you...

but you were such a dumbasss that the dogs figured out how to quickly get the porkchop....

after that you got to learn the old canine tale of:

if they can't play with it, chew on it, screw it, or piss on it, take a dump on it, or bury it, they don't have any use for it...

and that is where the first stages of worthlessness set in, for your young humble life...

Moral of the story? Sucks to be Slave Boy... whistle

oh those little things we have to get out of our minds, before we can enjoy a good nights sleep....

don't worry there Slavey.... same thing happened to Schtick as a kid.... just a lot more often...

the dogs pissed on him so much after getting the pork chop, rumor has it, that it stunted his growth severely...and shortened his already low I.Q

( can't wait for the response of the Campfire's Siamese Twins in the morning... laugh )

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bumper stick on the wall in the brand office at Glasgow Stockyards.

Support Beef

Run Over a Chicken

Didn't have the nice artwork though....grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

Back when I was a kid, before that dust-up at the Little Bighorn, 20 was considered a good crop and it took a long time to gnaw it off with a used JD-55 that my pa paid $1500 for, "good used'.

There's an old 55 sitting out on my great/grandparents farm.
Those generations were tough, couldn't even imagine the life of an original homesteaders. Horses and threshing machines, hell the new combines now have refridgerators in 'em!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was speaking to an young guy in a town in Saskatchewan one late August day, over a meal, sharing a table...

I asked him about the wheat harvest... the small town was settled by Ukrainian immigrants, and it is still spoken by many in the town... the entire town is a farming co-op. corporation...

each fall the male members of the town, have to pull shifts driving the combines even if they have other jobs in town... he was telling me that the growing season ends abruptly and cold weather comes in quick.... so the harvesting has to be done quick and the combines run 24 hours a day...

he indicates a shift, is you run the combine for an hour in one direction and then turn it around and run it back in the other direction for a hour... 2 return trips make up a four hour shift...but depending, you usually pull two shifts a day, and sometimes 3...

when I asked him about the creature comforts in them, he told me, oh we have A/C, a frig and even a TV inside them...

so being an out of towner, I ask him naively....'you actually watch TV while you drive the combine??"

"sure, it keeps us from being too bored, eh?"

"Well isn't that relatively unsafe to drive the combine and watching TV at the same time?"

He gives me this dumb look, after evaluating my question..
" sure its safe, what are we going to hit??"

those co-ops up on the Canadian prairies make operations on the US side of the border look like small timers...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
We all like to give props to the military, police, and fireman, and they richly deserve it, but we often fail to give proper respect for the American farmer. Thanks for all your hard labor that makes the USA the bread basket of the world. I salute you guys.

What M7300SAUM said...

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 180 of 2,579 1 2 178 179 180 181 182 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

182 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280fan, 30 invisible), 1,350 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,344
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.