Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Tom that 'creek' can be a sonuvabitch to cross!

It can be a sonuvabitch to pull a deer up and out of...but once you get it over the lip, you're golden! grin

Those gumbo creek cuts are like little Grand Canyons!

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wonder if Page has mineral rights?

APF would [bleep]' love a few rigs setting up camp!

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Yeah but cooler than schitt if you've ever been there in the evening, glassing the flat...it looks like deer appear out of the ground from a distance grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That would be cool.

What's not cool is when you're moving cows and you look back and see some ol' rip ducked outta sight in the creek bed and is hightailing it back the other way!

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Cows ain't the brightest creatures...especially angus....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh now, them's fighting words!

grin

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
laugh

I knew they would be...... whistle

Those lowland cows would be ridin' the short bus if they could figger out how to get on!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Sam,

Not too many rich outastate yuppies around here yet, though there's a big concentration about an hour's drive to the southeast.

Around here we mostly have ranchers, long-time real-estate agents, bankers and other members of the local economy whose families have been here for 75-100 years or so, some meth-heads, some retirees who can't afford the Bozone or Zooville, and a few invaders (like us) from other parts of Montana who prefer the small-town life. Oh, and the employees of the local sawmill and lime plant. Lost the big invasion when the housing bubble went bust, including a big subdivision in the southern end of the county that was supposed to double our population.

I went through the last oil boom in your part of the world while living in Poplar. Made as much money as I needed working the rigs and got the hell out. Shortly after the boom went bust, but something tells me this one will stick around a lot longer.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

I knew they would be...... whistle

Those lowland cows would be ridin' the short bus if they could figger out how to get on!

he needs some of them designer oreo cows

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Belted Galloways?!?!?!

As for the oil boom, they do have a way of bringing in the finest white trash you could hope for...My god some of the weirdo's that come for that work make the worst of walmarters look stellar.

Crime is out of control too, at least here in Rock Springs...I can only assume Williston is similar.

Ingwe's right about the number of new roads due to the oil work, luckily though they all get 100% reclaimed when the wells are no longer producers. Its either that or we all get to drive Ecars and look at wind energy eyesores all day long.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
eek Crime has never been under control in Rock Springs since they built the damn place laugh

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
Belted Galloways?!?!?!

See a bunch of 80-100 head north of Glasgow maybe 10-15 miles this year. They do look like Oreo's a bit grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ranch13
eek Crime has never been under control in Rock Springs since they built the damn place laugh

True, I work with Ed Cantrell's son...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was wild and wooly before they sent Cantrell in there to try and clean it up. The mob had a real lock on the place.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm pretty sure the greenie purists are not gunna be able to live with that manmade reservoir forever, which'll put em up against the corp of engineers. That will be a fight they will need some inside help with.

They will get a lesson in tribal politics at some point too.

Ya know they will need some woofs to predate all the bovines in a natural way.

This ought to be quite a dance.

As far as the oil thing goes, it is gunna, ----only as far as there is oil. One outfit leased up about 375k acres in Daniels Co. this last year and the drilling is just starting. I suspect the res will be last due to the tribal politics but money will out.

I feel like I am watching a member of the family die a slow death. I am trying to get out now. I can't watch it any longer and can't subject family to it either.

Soooo, where to? Black hills? Is it going to go there too? Western Michigan, pretty different for a prairie boy. How can ya feel so sad in the face of such prosperity?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah but cooler than schitt if you've ever been there in the evening, glassing the flat...it looks like deer appear out of the ground from a distance grin

or glassing the flat, notice some bushes in the distance and when yah get there you find out they are the tops of 80 foot cottonwoods laugh

Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter

Crime is out of control too, at least here in Rock Springs...I can only assume Williston is similar.

we pulled the numbers recently......the per capita crima rate in Williston and Sidney are still around 20% of what it is here in the Point.....joys of reservation living....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

One thing western Montana has over eastern Montana is a MUCH higher percentage of public land.

Amen.

After working east of the divide this year, it gives me a whole lot more appreciation for the access we have over here. You're sharing it, but at least it's there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You boys better stay over there on the westside, much safer in the Land of the Latte.

And you think oil field trash are bad?

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Wait 'til you run into a crew of Plutonium miners!

Taking a core sample next to APF, okay we might have been 20 miles away but that's close out there. Samples turned out great, we're gonna start pit mining next week.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The supervisor on the ATV has the good job...

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He was with OSHA, making sure everybody was wearing their hard hat.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 52 invisible), 17,768 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,889
Posts18,538,530
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.