Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
NE Mont is as geographically vast as it is socially small.

That sums it up well OldT.

It used to be a pretty happening place about 40 years ago but anymore it is rare for young people to stick around.

Both sides of my family have been here for close to 100 years but my nearest sibling or cousin lives about 600 miles away.

Ole, gettin' itchy just thinking about that!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Great thread!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
huh, didnt realize you were family with the Matejovsky's......seems most the "old families" all hit here bout the same time cause both sides of my family hit here shortly before WWI aswell.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
My great grandfather homesteaded north of Scobey in 1910, three years before the current town of Scobey existed. Lotta influx about then.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Our local threshing bee is about a week and a half away but here are some pics from last year.

Putting all the belts in place first thing in the morning. They are stored in the back of the machine where the door is open overnight. The fellow in the blue shirt used to own the machine before he sold it to our club. He is still pretty spry for being 84 years old.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Belted up and waiting for the machine to come up to speed.

[Linked Image]

Vern signals that everything is ready for us to start pitching bundles in.

[Linked Image]

In go the bundles, we are threshin wheat. smile I do this for fun now, although I did also do it in my early teens over 50 years ago. I don't remember it being so much fun back then though. laugh

[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b139/Idared/6-7.jpg[/img]

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Cool pics.

You guys musta done quite a tune-up on that ol separator to get it to spit out those square bales. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Idared, the Amish around hear would motgage their homes for that machine I'd bet. The local community has 1 or 2 now and they move from farm to farm. Not so much out of a sense of community as lack of usable machines. I'm told they bought the last one somewhere in Ontario and paid to have it shipped down. They run theirs off a deisel engine on a roll a round dolly.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by bbassi
Idared, the Amish around hear would motgage their homes for that machine I'd bet. The local community has 1 or 2 now and they move from farm to farm. Not so much out of a sense of community as lack of usable machines. I'm told they bought the last one somewhere in Ontario and paid to have it shipped down.

Yes, the machine is in nice shape. About the only thing we have had to do on it lately is rework the feeder chain and put new splices in some belts. It helps that it has spent most of its life under a roof in a shed.

Originally Posted by bbassi
They run theirs off a deisel engine on a roll a round dolly.

That reminds me of something that happened a few years ago at one of the threshing bees. A friendly disagreement started between two folks that the Fairbanks Morse engine below could not possibly run the threshing machine. So in order to settle it, the engine was belted up and to many folks surprise it handled the load. The bad part was everyone was so focused on whether or not it would work no one thought to take a picture before all the grain was threshed. frown

[Linked Image]

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 3,041 guests, and 1,383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,231
Posts18,485,667
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.