Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 195 of 2,579 1 2 193 194 195 196 197 2578 2579
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Tanner, I would never encourage anyone to drop school..I was lucky, I finished college..but the fact that we had an active rifle team was a great help..
For thirty years I was in public education..when I got into the field, people with a degree could get a job anywhere..when I left, there might be 200 apps. for one job...During the closing years of that time, I attended a workshop..in the workshop, the folks said most high schools prepare students for college..but about 10 percent will attend, and less will graduate..even then the job market is super tough..according to those folks, the areas to enter are the trades...They require a shorter education time..and are far less expensive..This is old information as I have been out of ed. for almost 15 years..but I am sure the situation with college is still pretty accurate..
You have sometime to think this over and I certainly would do so..The future for young people doesn't seem as rosey as in past years, but I am sure things will work out for you, just make the best choice you can, and move forward...

Molon Labe
HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I just did a quick 30 minute walk before work.

No sharptails or huns but I did jump a nice bunch of pheasants.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Isn't it just easier to run birds over in the combine?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Chitty thing is we didn't seed three of the best bird hunting fields this year! Great for birds, close to a bunch of little coulees. Oh well, next year.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Tanner, I would never encourage anyone to drop school..I was lucky, I finished college..but the fact that we had an active rifle team was a great help..
For thirty years I was in public education..when I got into the field, people with a degree could get a job anywhere..when I left, there might be 200 apps. for one job...During the closing years of that time, I attended a workshop..in the workshop, the folks said most high schools prepare students for college..but about 10 percent will attend, and less will graduate..even then the job market is super tough..according to those folks, the areas to enter are the trades...They require a shorter education time..and are far less expensive..This is old information as I have been out of ed. for almost 15 years..but I am sure the situation with college is still pretty accurate..
You have sometime to think this over and I certainly would do so..The future for young people doesn't seem as rosey as in past years, but I am sure things will work out for you, just make the best choice you can, and move forward...

+1 and a bit.

Brother went to school and became an aerospace engineer, helped put those boys on the moon and later on develop powerplants for the F14/15/16. Worked out well for him.

I took the route you're considerin' Tanner, and it worked out for me too. Only point I'd make about the forces is those folks on the other side are sincere about killin' your azz. Working the rigs might not be any safer. Surviving that to reach ol' age is the trick and one needs a bit of self confidence and skilled in critical thinking to pull that off on a regular basis in hazardous occupations. Once a long time back I gave a 2 star general a hearty GFY in front of a lot of witnesses. Can you do that? To quote Clint Eastwood, "Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy."

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Shefire,

Didn't mean to horn you up,though I'll feign my "surprise" that you yet again barged outta the closet in an immediate haste,only to once again cram things in your mouth and azz as innate defaults.

Much appreciate your offering yet another Estrogen fueled tear stained Vagina Monologue rant,quantifying all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost hand and from all the places you've almost been. It never ain't not a riot!

I guess the Big Weekend Trip(BWT) from (4) years ago,wasn't as "rewarding" as you first Imagined to Pretend it to be?!!? Laffin'! Picking up pop cans,trying to buy enough gas to pound that much pavement and all them "satisfactions" inherent with same,have really gotta be oh soooooooooo "fulfilling" for a "hard charger" such as yourself.

Mebbe you can hang a picture of a stop sign,stop light and the McDonald's drive-thru window,so as to really connect some dots and knock 'er outta da Park?!!? Keep the pixels in FFR Mode(Full [bleep] Retard) and make sure them trainin' wheels is tight...so you don't wreck,bump your pointy head and crease that tinfoil hat. Laffin'!

Too bad I cain't accurately quantify just how much I enjoy your Imagination,along with the Pretend and Fabrication elicited. I'd not wanna slight just how badly you need all of it and it never ain't not [bleep] hilarious,when you go "Hard Charger" and obliviously quantify same. Here's to the uproarious humor associated with you doing the best you can,with what incredibly [bleep] little you have to work with. Also a tip 'o the hat,for my FAVORITE Do Nothing Day Dreaming Delusion of your's,in that you are of the opinion that someone else could make you look like a bigger piece of [bleep] schit than you can. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard!

Bless your heart.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...how next to fuel your Imagination,so you can Practice your Pretend?!?! I know,I know,mebbe a leetle stroll down FF Lane and points is awarded for you being as utterly [bleep] clueless in that regard,as you are in all others.

Initial hunch in regards to the 5D3,after a veddy modest cursory Test Drive,is that it's AF do in fact rate the hype associated it's billing. While I didn't have the time yesterday evening(due to quickly fading light) to go through the entire menu of AF options,I were able to bang around a bit and am rather favorably impressed. Impetus was centerpoint AF control in AI Servo,with the most modest AF expansion set and I retained the shutter button as means of activating/actuating both Metering and Focus. It do lock on quickly,hangs in the sweet spot and though the frame rate and buffer depth are modest in compare to my mainstay 1D3,nice things are easily arranged.

Was shooting Raw+JPEG,which do tax all buffers and I'll be curious to see how these ISO 3200 files look on my IMac,after a visit through LR3. Left some pre-set Noise Reduction in camera and let it dabble Highlight Tone Priority too,though I'll axe both on the next pass. The LCD is veddy nice,though I much prefer the command/menu control of the 1D-Series bodies,some of which is subjective...though most ain't. Beings I beat on schit a fair bit,I'm a fan of more svelte controls less protrusion,if only as a means of keeping the horse in front of the [bleep] cart. The 5D3's Mode Dial do have a locking mechanism that precludes unwanton "adjustment",but it's a turd in a punchbowl compared to the 1D's.

Anywhoo...I digress,but I do very much enjoy that stupid [bleep] look on your face,when you Imagine to Pretend to have a [bleep] clue.

Pre-flight taxi.

[Linked Image]

Lift-off.

[Linked Image]

Afterburner lit,looking to gain ele in a slight bank.

[Linked Image]

Cattle ain't a very good AF control means,but I've long had an appreciation for my eye in regards to composition.

Things sure look clean,despite purposely asking for trouble while gunning a handheld shutterspeed shy of the focal length's reciprocal. Doubly so,given the amount of wind...though in fairness I am Ninja.

[Linked Image]

Throwed the Manfrotto down,splayed it wide and low,so as to catch a Wind Dance in a shutter speed drag,while looking North to Russia over the Beaufort. Can dig the Dynamic Range of this body and now it's got me wanting to drive the 1DX in a control curiousity.

ISO 200,F/8 and 1/12 with the 24-70 2.8 stretched to max focal length.

[Linked Image]

Cheer up,a pard got some KILLER Polar Bear pics while I was asleep and here's hoping the 5D3/100-400L done the situation proud,though I've a feeling all fell into place nicely.

Looking forward to your next "Adventure" and all the hilarity associated with your Couchbound [bleep].

Wow +P.

Tanner,

Just what would you study,that'd grant you an $80K start for 6 months of work and more importantly,6 weeks of vacation a year? Under the assumption of a lick of sense,good work ethic and some interest,you'd be $100K+ in a year or two and then it gets good from there.

I'd be the last to knock Education,but the first to proffer Reality in extrapolation. The LAST thing I've ever fretted,was having a good job and them opportunities abound daily. Nice to be able to pick and choose if inclined,while being able to tell an Outfit to get [bleep] and go to work for another in the morning. I've long been a fan of happiness and freedom,as well as being more than a leetle savvy about knowing how to reliably arrange same. I'd not make a very good Sheep and am rather adept at negotiating my own contract.

So if a guy can cash nice checks,by doing something that he likes,with folks of similar ilk,"work" sure as [bleep] don't seem like work. Mainly because it ain't.(grin)

I'd say pass the cash and the play time,while you see some sights,stretch your legs and look around to see if there's any grass that's greener. If there is,you'd then have the jingle and the time to make them moves and see just WTF the next chapter of interest may hold.

I couldn't recommend painting yourself in a corner,when your heart of hearts is already telling you to jump the [bleep] outta that fire.

Life is for Livin'...get some.

bcraig,

I rather enjoy that you are too [bleep] Stupid to know where/how to Reply,but it is a treat to watch you do the best you can,with what very little you have to work with.

You said: "So sack of [bleep] (Boxer)
Whether you find anything I wrote about amusing is a moot point as Contrary to your adolescent point of view it aint all about you.
The fact that you repatedly refer to putting things in azzes and Mouths leaves little doubt at to where your latent desires reside.
Laffin ? yes i understand as that is often the case with mania and village idiots both terms I am sure you familiar with and have cruely had aimed at you many times in your life.
Dumbphuktitude?If your brains were turned into gasoline there would not be enough to run a piss ants motorcycle halfway around a BB !
You serve as a fine example on this forum....for retroactive birth control.
Makes for a moot point though as to take you seriously only serves to insult your intelligence."

Weren't my intent to horn you up,though I sure as schit ain't "Surprised" that your opening move is to cram foreign objects in your mouth and azz. You got soooooo [bleep] excited,you capitalized "Mouths" too. Might could be a pun or two there and perhaps someone will take pity and PM you a [bleep] clue. Laffin'!

Is this where you hang a pic of yourself and remove ALL [bleep] doubt,while you quip your vocation in conjunction?!!? Laffin'!

As an aside,your rampant preoccupation with goods in your mouth and azz(which you've pictured with astonishing clarity),precluded your Imagining to Pretend about your 223AI(s).

It's a [bleep] riot that you Do Nothing Dumbphucks,default to them things which you know best and which are curiously enough the farthest removed from an Outdoor Forum.

You gals certainly go through alotta closets. Pardon the pun.

Bless your heart.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Boxer
Shefire,

I find it both rather interesting and absophuckinglutely hilarious,that while Geographically separated by more than a goodly [bleep] ways,that you and poor dumb Joan live in the same State. That being the state of Imagination.

Here's to both of you incredibly inept Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumbphucks being able to Imagine and Pretend everything,except Reality.

I know...I know,it's how you roll and tomorrow sure as [bleep] ain't gonna be any different. You've the "sanctity" of knowing that well in advance.

Would still pay for a copy of the video of you Whiners,trying to sneak up on a glass of [bleep] water. Here's to you doing the best you can,with what amazingly little you have to work with.

Congratulations?

Joan(Blackheart),

You keep forgetting that you Imagined Pretending not to reply.

Just like you Imagine everything else and here's to the "satisfactions" you find in Pretending them "results".

You "Hard Charger".

Laffin'!

10at6,

MUCH appreciate the humor associated with you "telling" me all that! It was some outstandingly hilarious schit.

While a quaint ruse...the Hornie 105HPBT do have a more sleek profile,including it's heel,bearing surface and ogive locale,if only for starters. For them reasons,they do slip atmospheric conditions in a fashion superior to the beloved 105'Max.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Appreciate the keen "insight",regarding whistling the both of 'em through a Krunchenticker,as I'd of never thunked of that one. I never was into [bleep] around and wouldn't care to shoehorn schit into a '15(even with say Oly Arms proprietary billet mags) and stretch barrel length...when a modest lengthed '10 rings so [bleep] many bells. Though a 1-8" 22BR in said billet box,wouldn't be too horrid,with a 75A-Max and a nice throat.

Wonder what a Hornie 105HPBT kissing lands inside mag constraints,would do at 2900fps+ in a 20" '10 and Agg'ing in the .4's?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Dan was lettin' them pre-fits go for cheap too. Oh well,move your twat...lose your spot.

[Linked Image]

As to '15 mag constraints,there's multiple options,due obviously to mag selection. Can like 20rd P's for Maritime affairs,but they's amongst the most stingy in COAL latitude. Colt 20's is more generous than most...but I prefer a 10rd Stoner in stainless steel for most thangs(greater COAL latitude,more robust and none too afeared of the Salt).

[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/2R8G0687.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/2R8G0689.jpg[/img]

A leetle dot connection.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_1569.jpg[/img]

You really knocked it outta the Park.

Laffin'!

Sammo,

She's able to bullschit herself too and that never ain't not the funniest [bleep] part of the equation!

She can only do the best she can,with what very little she has to work with.

Bless her heart.

Dwarf from the North:

You poor pathetic dumb [bleep]

Sorry to hear your rifle won't shoot better. And to suffer an ar-10 in a [bleep] up build with a Tinmey trigger makes it really [bleep] funny. Muzzle break? You dumb [bleep].
Get the kids a properly built 6mm/15 with a Geiselle trigger (and a few shooting lessons) and (they) can go well beyond your dismal (.666) batting average....your "aggs" really suck in all ways...lol. post a better pic of the kid "shooting"
Another Hint: the 105 Amax is still your bullet and IMR 8208 is worth trying

Let me know if you need more advice on bullets or head stamps or parenting....and..
GFY you dopey little midget CS. and for my advice
Thank me later

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was hoping she would throw up a four year old video to offset his tears and angst from watching the barrel break in video.
Anxiously awaiting that.

Have Dog

Will Travel

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
If owning a SxS gets you to the "deflave" level in life, count me the fck out. Kids and schit? Unable to read Canadianese?

Dude aint got no class.

Apologies to the OP for this being a bit off topic but...

No class?

Think again:
[Linked Image]

BEST THREAD EVER!

Travis

So a mentally challenged guy walks into a bar, asks the sudz-slinger for a beer. Bartender realizes the guys a little touched, so goes out of his way to cater to him. Gets his drink, gets him chips, changes the tv channel for him etc. The challenged guy says "Mr. this is the nicest bar I've been to, you are awesome. Can you watch my drink while I go to the bathroom?" Sure, the 'tender says. The guys now been gone about 15 minutes, comes out of the schitter lookin all sorts of pissed off. "Mr. this fcking bar sucks, its terrible and I hate it!" Whats wrong buddy? The 'tender asks..."I went to take a piss and this Travis guy put a fcking snub nose revolver to my head and told me to suck his dick!!! ....................so....uh...did you? He asks.

"DID YOU HEAR A [bleep] GUN SHOT RETARD?!?!?!"

Back on topic. Tanner, you could also look into industrial trades, and specialized trades as well. I mean a dude could make a literal fortune as say, a Steam-Fitter/Pipe-Fitter working in the oil/energy industry. Or you could go to school for a form of say Mechnical Engineering, and persue a speciazed technician job. For example, right now I'm working in a small power plant, they have 2 jet engine powered turbines and we're changing one out. General Electric sends technicians who are essentially engineers minus all the gay puussy schit engineers do. They're super sharp, highly trained turbine mechanics basically...they travel all over the world installing, commissioning and rebuilding jet engine powered turbines...and they're paid quite well for it.

Food for thought. Like Boxer said, theirs money to be made, for those willing to get off their [bleep] and make it wink

Last edited by archie_james_c; 09/01/12.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't even know they imported foot thongs to Montana. Let alone "guy" flip-flops......

So the snub nose suck my dick stuff makes more sense now. grin
Thanks.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Schmuck,

you stupid rancid puddle of puppy pisss....You are such the easy moron to catch... talk about swallowing the bait as intended...not only did you swallow it... you let it pass thru your digestive system and then the hook set in your hemorrhoids.. as it was jerked back...

I post two pictures of sunsets on the lake I took at Summer Camp while there with my son... said nothing else, and of course hooked the fish I was expecting to... you had to analyze it so you could criticize the camera... of course...
it was my son's camera, he was 14 years old.... I'll let him know it didn't meet you standards... I can imagine how devastated he will be...( yeah right, he thinks you are a bigger dipshitt than I do... but like Mentally Slow Oliver thinks you are coool due he likes the Pirate Decals... and thinks Pokeman on the other side would be even cooler)

and then what you want to call my BWT.. Big weekend trip...

actually the trip was 9 weeks... spent the Summer at the Boy Scout Camp with my son, who was on staff...nine weeks father and son time... Oh while there I served as Camp Medical Officer for 500 to 600 Scouts and Adults per week... other than that and teaching a few merit badges... that are required for boys to become Eagle Scouts...like Environmental Science, First Aid.. plus a couple others I spent all my time glued to the couch I brought along...just so I had somewhere to park my KNT as you like to dwell on Shemale body parts...

Then I kept getting all these interruptions, like injured kids.. broken bones, multiple trips to the hospital in Bend.. boring stuff like that...

but then you wouldn't understand anything like that.. because in your world its 'all about Schtick'....hence why you love this thread... you think it is ALL About Schtick... actually most of it is about what an idiot you are....

but you are too stupid to see the obvious... that is why it is so entertaining...

and tomorrow I have a present for ya!!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So Schmuck... I mean Schtick...

my little present to you is I am going to give you the opportunity to let your little pompous ego run amuck and speculate all sorts of stuff about you intimidating me with your "Schtick Awesomeness"...and that you think I am too embarrassed to show my face on her for fear of encountering your insults.. and your showing 10 zillion pictures.. and then delighting on all your groupies telling you how awesome you are once again...

but while you're busy patting yourself on the back.. and your groupies doing the same, I am going to be busy on a trip to the east coast and back...

I've loaded up the couch in the front of the truck, where the seats normally go.. so I have somewhere to park my "Do Nothing Knt" as you love to call it.....

and I am going to take a BWT "Big Weekend Trip" to all the places I've never been, and almost do all the things I've never done.. blahblahblahblah ad nauseum...

So you should enjoy yourself impressing your groupies... of speculating all sorts of moronic BS....in your normal style and fashion...

but in case anyone else wonders, a good family friend.. who is a disabled Army Vet.. moved back home to New England after finishing her college degree on the GI Bill out this way...

She had a batch of stuff left out here in storage... and was dreading having to make a trip out to retrieve the rest of her and her son's belongings....

So instead, I am taking the time off from running my little company, have a trailer loaded up.. and I am going to take it back to the East Coast for her, instead of a disabled person having to make a long trip back here...

I am sure you wouldn't understand doing something for a disabled vet, because you never were in the military anyway.. and you'd never understand doing something for another person in need, as that conflicts with your pompous self centered attitude of " its all about Schtick..."

so I will be back in about 3 weeks, and then we can return to our mutual admiration on line so we can entertain the rest of the campfire...

oh, and I am sure your number one leg humper will be along to insult my efforts on doing something for a disabled vet... just to impress you so much more...

and of course I will leave any and all of my photo equipment behind since it is not up to your specs and approval...which concerns me to no end... whistle

So have a good several weeks, standing on your soap box and publicly patting yourself on the back endlessly...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And the fish still thinks it's catching the fisherman....................laffin!

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey Travis, you know this guy?

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That is funny.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
SamO!

Nice pics. What kind of shottygun is that? I'm going back to my CZ auto that I picked up on clearance for $299.00. I can't hit dick with a SxS.

My attempt at being a snob is like stepping into Jaguars on a Red Parrot budget. (You dumb ass texans know what this means)

Pup is doing pretty well though, and I got into a pile of grouse about 2 miles from town. Should be a good year.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Hey Travis, you know this guy?

[Linked Image]

Looks too european to be my broseph.

GFY,
Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wageslave
I didn't even know they imported foot thongs to Montana. Let alone "guy" flip-flops......

So the snub nose suck my dick stuff makes more sense now. grin
Thanks.

BGG pointed (with a strong tone of disgust) that my feet have tan lines.

He doesn't like me much.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Weren't sure, had to ask. I figured the family tree to have a big limb to reach that far.

I got tan lines on my feet. Had 'em since I was 5 or 6 as I recall. Even thought about a tanning parlor for maintenance in the winter...briefly.

If ya can't hit anything with the SxS it don't fit or you're shooting blanks. Get one that fits. If it fits and ya focus on the bird ya can't hardly miss.

This is not work friendly....

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I know. It sort of saddens me.

I like that video.

GFY,
Travis

Page 195 of 2,579 1 2 193 194 195 196 197 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,140 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,253
Posts18,504,724
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.