-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only "conjecture" is that these men were also guilty of adultery . . . they were certainly sinners, regardless of which jot or tittle of the law they had broken, and were also worthy of "death." All of the rest of your comments are exactly correct IMHBAO.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
That's an interesting parenthetical conjecture, and I've heard it before, but conjecture, nonetheless. Conjecture proves nothing but steers the lesson in the story towards in an unintended direction. A little leaven spoils the loaf. I don't believe His purpose was to invalidate law or accuse the accusers, but to demonstrate Grace and Mercy are higher attributes than law and justice.

The point from my post was Old Testament law was just for the culture of the day. And as I consider that further, a culture who had not matured sufficiently to comprehend Grace or Mercy which fulfill the law. Of course, no man could understand such things until the God of Creation came as a man to earth and showed it time and time again, until He gave the ultimate demonstration. This is the primary lesson of the Gospel and the one that eludes many because it requires surrender.

Muslim law is a gross perversion of Old Testament justice for any culture and wholly lacking in Grace.

Good post Ricky, as usual, all but for one minor point.

It is our walking in love towards others that fulfills the law, for our part, not the grace and the mercy. The grace and the mercy are among the many facets of His love for us.

We too can employ the grace and mercy as He does, it's part of what we're supposed to do to remain in the love walk, but by themselves this cannot fulfill the law.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the grace and the mercy are part of the love, but not the whole thing.
It takes the whole thing to fulfill the law.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by ScoutmasterRick
"She has lived through a terrible trauma. She must be charged with self-defense," said Gursel Oztunali Kayir

Wait. She must be charged with what?

That's prolly a mis translation. As in something had to be put in the charge box.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Something tells me that she didn't consider it much of an issue 'till she got knocked up.

One minute she's all,.. "Take it big love daddy!",...but when the rabbit chit and died, she shot him in the peter and cut his head off.

,..went marchin' through the street,..belly all poked out,..swinging his noggin' here and there, talkin' 'bout,..honor!,...honor!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The only "conjecture" is that these men were also guilty of adultery . . . they were certainly sinners, regardless of which jot or tittle of the law they had broken, and were also worthy of "death."
I agree they were. We all are. I believe that the way Jesus dealt with the situation, timing, seeming detachment, making them demand an answer, all played perfectly to bring them to that realization. But what else would we expect?

As to them being guilty of adultery, that could be so. He called them an adulterous generation twice in Matthew, and I believe He meant it literally.

It's a fascinating lesson and very fun to ponder. smile

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Good post Ricky, as usual, all but for one minor point.

It is our walking in love towards others that fulfills the law, for our part, not the grace and the mercy. The grace and the mercy are among the many facets of His love for us.

We too can employ the grace and mercy as He does, it's part of what we're supposed to do to remain in the love walk, but by themselves this cannot fulfill the law.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the grace and the mercy are part of the love, but not the whole thing.
It takes the whole thing to fulfill the law.
Thank you, my friend. Good post of yours as well. I think we are both saying the same thing essentially.

Consider that it is not us who fulfilled the law of Moses, but Christ, through His demonstration of Grace and Mercy from the cross. And He gave us a new law, His law of Love. We fulfill His law of Love when we extend it to all, particularly the unlovely. And we can only achieve that kind of love because of His display.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
We fulfill His law of Love when we extend it to all, particularly the unlovely.

Even the Muslims?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Even the Muslims?
You know it. And I know you do, or you wouldn't have asked. wink

No one said it was easy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Even the Muslims?

Muslims yes but Pagans no. grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even democrats?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.