Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
AFP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It was 80ish degrees, windy and dusty.

I skipped chapel today and slept in (though I did play my trumpet last night during the Christmas Eve service we held in the base theater). I went to the gym, lifted weights, and then did about 45 minutes of cardio. I dropped off my dirty clothes at the laundry service (something I do every Sunday).

I had Christmas lunch at the Burger King trailer, because I just did not want to fuss with the huge line at the dining hall. I went back to my room and listened to Christmas music while I read my Bible and had my quite time--After reading Proverbs 25 I read the Christmas Story.

I went to work a little early so I could see my firend's slot-car set-up he brought over here. I raced slot cars with him for a few minutes, and then started work. For dinner I had processed turkey, ham, real roast beef, shrimp, dressing, and topped it off with a piece cake spread with real butter-cream frosting.

All-in-all, a good day. and a very Merry Christmas. While I miss my wife and kids, what I am doing here needs to be done.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Merry Christmas Blaine,

Thanks for doing what needs to be done. Hope your wife and kids are blessed this day and always and that you get to have some communication with them today.

Actually a BIG THANK YOU to all of our soldiers wherever they are.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Blaine... Thank you for your service. I went through your base at the start of the month, I really want to stop by and see you but I was only there for a few hours.

I had a similar Christmas, but I ate in the DFAC. I worked today, but it was a down day for most. This part of SW is much different than the last couple of time I was here. It is much quieter with a lot less "metal rain".

It is a truly small world. I ran into another fellow member here in Baghdad, he is a great guy and it is nice to have some one talk guns with.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Merry Christmas Blain, I'm sure it's hard being away from the family. I thought you had them over there with you!

Are you stuck in logistics now, or are you still flying?

Phil

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Merry Christmas, Blaine

And Thank you.

m

muddy

"A good judge applies the law as it is, not as she wants it to be", Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Tell the rest of the guys we are thinking of you all.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my best to you, blaine... and to yours.....
stay sharp, and fare well..... john w

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blaine-

I'm here at home with family and friends enjoying each other's company and conversation, eating too much of too good food too often throughout the weekend and there are millions like me, many here at the campfire, who are enjoying the same blessings today. And we enjoy and have these things not because we are special or deserve them but in large part because of people like you serving our country along with those of generations past who have done the same and won these highly expensive freedoms for us all.

Merry Christ mas to you and yours and also may God keep you and your loved ones safe and well through the New Year.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
May the God who gave us His very best that first Christmas be your your fortress, shield, and defender while you and so many others stand between us and the bad guys.

May you and your families, though apart, experience the "peace that passes all human understanding" through Jesus, the Lamb of God and Lion of Judah.

Merry, Merry Christmas to all who are fighting the good fight, and all our friends at the Campfire.

Mainframe

AFP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Guys, thanks. It is VERY "Christmasy" around here. Lights strung all over the place, small Christmas trees, and an incredible amount of care packgages containing every king of Christmas treat you can imagine. The thing that warms my heart the most are the Christmas cards from the kids. They do not usually have a full appreciation of what they are doing, but they all seem to know making a Christmas card and sending to a deployed troop will somehow brighten things a little. And it does.

Phil,

I am still scheduling airlift, a word which hardly does justice to what I do. I have more of an impact on the war doing what i am doing now, but I'd still rather be flying.

Greg,

I wish I could have hooked up with you here. If you traveled on a C-17 I probably scheduled it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blaine, and all the rest serving there and other corners of the universe...

THANK YOU!

A friend of ours came to SE Alaska last summer after 19 months in Bagdad and other parts of that world. I got to take him fishing on the boat three days, and gained a much deeper appreciation of your effort.

Keep it up -- only our grandchildren will likely understand the full import of what you have done and continue to do for us.

Merry Christmas!

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Blain, just for curosity's sake, and a want to know! I've flown in and jumped out of the C-130, C-141, C-5a, but never been up close to the C-17 or at least not inside of one. What are some of the differences in this new bird.

Phil

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Blaine,

Merry Christmas and a big THANK YOU for being away from home and taking care of business for all of us!

Stay Safe, Bruce

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Merry Christmas Blaine !. Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf, and be careful out there.

Scott

Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Merry Christmas Blaine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Merry Christmas and sincere thanks from our family. May God blees you and keep you until you are once again safe in the arms of your loves ones and on your own soil.

MARK and Family

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Blaine;
Been there, done that, you will be home with your family
before you know it. Keep up the good work. Regards, Jericho

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you once again Blaine, and even a bigger thanks to your family!

Brian

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Merry Christmas to you and all the folks there. Hope all is well.
Dave

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Merry Christmas, Blaine. Thanks for the job you're doing. Dave

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (300_savage, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 260Remguy, 23 invisible), 1,049 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,243
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.