Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#6858565 09/10/12
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Does anyone know if the frame issues have been fixed instead of "addressed." The website says they've been strengthened, but I'd like to hear from anyone that has any experience with them.

I'm not going to take the dealers word for it. wink Especially since they have some pretty good deals on the outlander's right now.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
the 2013 now come with a frame brace but after reading this thread on can am forum http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/can-am-brp/37936-gen2-frame-cracking-got-question-brp.html i don't think i would take the chance.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If they have to come up with a brace...it's not fixed.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by tzone
If they have to come up with a brace...it's not fixed.

They had "Spar" breakage issues in 03-04, (among a ton of other problems) that they wouldn't fix for owners,& they still have "Spar" breakage issues shocked

Unless you want that ton of HP, I see not a single reason to purchase one.

Last edited by senior; 09/12/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
stick with honda or yamaha...get a grizz 700 if you want power

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
There is NO comparison in power or ride between the Grizz and the Can Am....

I owned both, they are completely different machines. Guess which I've still got.......

The ride and power delivery on the Can Am is beyond compare. There is simply nothing else out there that comes close to it.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can-Am needs a back up pull start period.When that comes I'll be the first in line.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'd hate to run into the guy that could pullstart a V Twin in a dark alley....

Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have a 650 V Twin pulls fairly easy unless said person is lame or a feeb.Honda Suzuki Kawi all have them on efi models.Why not Cam Am?Apart from that they kick everybodies azz cleanly

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well after checking all I care to on the new models. There is no chance I'm going to spend my money on them.

The frame is still an issue and has been since they were made. You'd think you could get some engineering to fix the problem, instead of a bolt on fix. If you need that, there is an issue. Redesign the frame! Just because something is new, doesn't mean it works.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 7 STW
Have a 650 V Twin pulls fairly easy unless said person is lame or a feeb.Honda Suzuki Kawi all have them on efi models.Why not Cam Am?Apart from that they kick everybodies azz cleanly

Wonder how that works with the pressurized fuel pump system?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ask them but they do

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Not arguing, had a look online at them. Seriously just wondering how that works with a pressurized fuel injected system to initially start them is all.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buy a can-am if:

You want a cracked frame
If it helps your ego to say my quad is faster than yours
If you regularly drive your quad over 50mph
If you want a utility quad that's as fast as a sport quad
If you don't want a true front locking differential
If you don't mind bringing extra belts with you in the field
If you like the color yellow
If the sound of your quad is important to you

No Doubt they are impressive in terms of speed and performance. I would say the solid rear axle on my foreman is built for more "work" than the IRS on the can-am. For almost double the cost of my foreman, they cannot tow or pull nowhere near double the weight and then there that belt thingy that tends to break at the wrong time.

I would look at a rincon if I wanted an All IRS bike. Power nowhere near the can-am but thy have. A great suspension.

Any compnay that cant get the broken frame issue right for years wouldn't get my money.

Last edited by SAKO75; 09/13/12.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I purchased a Can-am 650 in 2009 and traded it in 3 months later for a Kawasaki 750I.

Can-am Cons
1. Rotary engine puts off so much heat you can toast bread if you tied a loaf to your pants leg.
2. You must wrap heat resistance cloth on muffler under the seat & heat resistance tape on the underside of seat or it will melt(mine did).
3. If you let the battery die, the computer will not let you re-start unless you remember the code.
4. Brakes will wear out in 300 miles

All this happened to me.

Can-am Pro's

1. It's fast..very fast.

I like my Kawasaki...no issues at all!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup the Brutes a Top notch machine would take it over a Rincon easy.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I would too. I've never been a fan of the Rincon. I'm not sure what Honda was doing there. It was a weird way for them to get in the big bore market.

I hate to say it but after riding a Polaris 550LE EPS model for a good bit a few weeks ago, I'm going to give them a serious look again. Might have to eat some crow on that one. grin

Last edited by tzone; 09/13/12.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Buy a can-am if:

You want a cracked frame
If it helps your ego to say my quad is faster than yours
If you regularly drive your quad over 50mph
If you want a utility quad that's as fast as a sport quad
If you don't want a true front locking differential
If you don't mind bringing extra belts with you in the field
If you like the color yellow
If the sound of your quad is important to you

No Doubt they are impressive in terms of speed and performance. I would say the solid rear axle on my foreman is built for more "work" than the IRS on the can-am. For almost double the cost of my foreman, they cannot tow or pull nowhere near double the weight and then there that belt thingy that tends to break at the wrong time.

I would look at a rincon if I wanted an All IRS bike. Power nowhere near the can-am but thy have. A great suspension.

Any compnay that cant get the broken frame issue right for years wouldn't get my money.

Laughin'......

OR, you buy one because you want the most comfortable machine with the best ergonomics and power delivery to the ground available.

You honda guys get so threatened when anyone points out that there has been new technology available for atv's for decades....

Know another reason people buy Can Am's over Honda's? They want to be able to stop on demand......(grin)

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've enjoyed my CanAm. It's an older model, lots of power, has been dependable. Pulls like a mule.

...I've not checked my frame but will this weekend. Considering the frame problems I read about yesterday, I don't think I'd buy one again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr

Laughin'......

OR, you buy one because you want the most comfortable machine with the best ergonomics and power delivery to the ground available.

You honda guys get so threatened when anyone points out that there has been new technology available for atv's for decades....

Know another reason people buy Can Am's over Honda's? They want to be able to stop on demand......(grin)

no doubt can-am's have the "most" power/speed....and a nice ride with all kinds of bells and whistles....for the money, the frames shouldnt break and they should have a front locking diff and there is always the potential for the belt to fail..

― George Orwell, 1984
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 219DW, 63 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,222
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.