-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does that mean he's leaving? That would break my friggin heart.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Does that mean he's leaving? That would break my friggin heart.

....herpes is forever........or so I'm told.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Bricktop
You ladies may, therefore, continue to wander in the wilderness and discuss the relative "merits" of your [bleep] items while sniffing each others' cornholes.

LMFAO!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Since you went and quoted him I read his drivel and had a great laugh. Take his reloading comment, I have probable been reloading since before he was born. I started teaching my self to load for my 303 Enfield and my 03A3 in my basement around 1963. Loaded shotgun shells in Hawaii with a Lee hand kit in 1969 - 1970. I made my first set of reloading dies in the Optical shop of the USS Grand Canyon for loading 357 in 1972. The dies looked like pieces of scrap metal that blended in to the shop decor during the day and came out at night to load on duty nights. Used a bench mounted drill press for the press. Currently have home made hand dies and a home made press sitting on my reloading bench today. The last set of home made hand dies and press were for 50 BMG and were given to a friend in Oregon.

But in spite of that, nobody but Mr. Bricktop can know anything about anything.

Buy the RIA and shoot the hell out of it. You won't need Clark to fix it for you because it will work flawlessly out of the box. Bricktop is full of more $hit that an overflowing outhouse.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Deer Turd
You ladies may, therefore, continue to wander in the wilderness and discuss the relative "merits" of your [bleep] items while sniffing each others' cornholes.

LMFAO!!!
+1 laugh

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
Since you went and quoted him I read his drivel and had a great laugh.
As do I as I read your great tales of expansive bullshit and other sagas. Like pissing and moaning with the VA.

Take his reloading comment, I have probable been reloading since before he was born. I started teaching my self to load for my 303 Enfield and my 03A3 in my basement around 1963. Loaded shotgun shells in Hawaii with a Lee hand kit in 1969 - 1970. I made my first set of reloading dies in the Optical shop of the USS Grand Canyon for loading 357 in 1972. The dies looked like pieces of scrap metal that blended in to the shop decor during the day and came out at night to load on duty nights. Used a bench mounted drill press for the press. Currently have home made hand dies and a home made press sitting on my reloading bench today. The last set of home made hand dies and press were for 50 BMG and were given to a friend in Oregon.
It's your story, tell it however you wish. If you tell it long enough, you'll forget where the truth ends and the bullshit begins. That seems to be a common denominator.

But in spite of that, nobody but Mr. Bricktop can know anything about anything.
The same can and has been said of you, Little Miss Kevin, and the other usual suspects. Hell, Little Miss Kevin is such a sought-after "gunsmith" he's making a living picking peanuts out of poop in Arkansas. That's quite a career arc. Especially for someone with the nuts to criticize bona fide gunsmiths. The question still hasn't been answered, if Little Miss Kevin is such a sought-after pistol "smith," why hasn't some top-flight outfit like Ed Brown, Night Hawk, etc. snapped him up? (The answer seems obvious to me.)

Buy the RIA and shoot the hell out of it. You won't need Clark to fix it for you because it will work flawlessly out of the box.
Sure it will. It's your bullshit story and if you post it on the internet enough and with enough "force," that's close enough to fact.

Bricktop is full of more $hit that an overflowing outhouse.
I'm working towards the bar you've set.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Some people are slow and others seem really stupid!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post
Some people are slow and others seem really stupid!
And you're making great strides in admitting your faults, gimp.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
No offense, but that's apples to oranges. The RIA is a low end pistol that you might term, entry-level. Nothing wrong with it, but it isn't a Colt. From what I remember of them, RRA was a fairly high end manufacturer and they charged commensurately. You generally can get a RIA for less than $500 whereas the RRA were all above a grand, unless I'm mistaken. The RRA are made here too.

You're close.....just sold it for 2 grand. Here's a nice bevy of quality pistols. Buy quality once! And the value of quality actually appreciates.

[Linked Image]

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Buy quality once! And the value of quality actually appreciates.
You're preaching to the deaf and dumb. These rubes will never, ever, ever, ever grasp that.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am a firm believer in quality but there is no way I could ever afford a two thousand dollar 1911. Just a quick question, do you use one of those beauties for every day carry?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am a firm believer in quality but there is no way I could ever afford a two thousand dollar 1911. Just a quick question, do you use one of those beauties for every day carry?

I don't.....But I would. Have an Ed Brown Ltwt Kobra Carry for that duty and it laughs in the face of $2K but well worth every penny. The Ed Brown Ltwt's are sweet guns. They have the steel ramp insert, etc. etc. etc. BUY QUALITY ONCE!

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If I could afford it I would but that kind of money just is not in my future so I bought the RIA I could afford and it lives on my hip. It is a tool not a showpiece but it is a tool that works every time I use it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know. Nothing wrong with RIA. I've been buying and selling and upgrading for 30 years. I guess you could call me "mature". Haha.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I know the feeling. Been enjoying the heck out of retirement.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
No offense, but that's apples to oranges. The RIA is a low end pistol that you might term, entry-level. Nothing wrong with it, but it isn't a Colt. From what I remember of them, RRA was a fairly high end manufacturer and they charged commensurately. You generally can get a RIA for less than $500 whereas the RRA were all above a grand, unless I'm mistaken. The RRA are made here too.

You're close.....just sold it for 2 grand. Here's a nice bevy of quality pistols. Buy quality once! And the value of quality actually appreciates.

[Linked Image]
"Above a grand" wasn't even a ballpark figure that I would've provided had I had to guess and not use any resources to come up with that guess. It literally just meant, "above a thousand dollars", which I was correct on. There is nothing wrong with the Rock River that I'm aware of, I just never was in the market for one as my tastes run differently. I would have guesstimated that a more exact figure for a Rock River would have been $1600 for a starting point. If they have went out of business or if yours isn't their base model, I would think $2k would be about right.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 09/14/12.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buy quality once! And the value of quality actually appreciates.

[Linked Image]

The flaw in your statement is you bought quality at least five times. wink

As for RIA, "quality" is not a word I would use to describe them and it's not an element RIA is striving for. They're inexpensive, the customer is generally satisfied, and life goes on. The only thing that approaches the irrational level of RIA critics is the irrational level of RIA defenders.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by JOG
[quote=257heaven]... The only thing that approaches the irrational level of RIA critics is the irrational level of RIA defenders.

....pretty much identical to Glocks then, huh??? laugh

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
...But in spite of that, nobody but Mr. Bricktop can know anything about anything.

...you know, it's ashame on a number of levels as Bricktop really DOES know alot about alot of stuff-----unfortunately he poisons his own well of knowledge in his expression of it. While I don't personally share his + opinion of Rugers---I find alot of his opinions to be spot on with alot of mine----he obviously wasn't valedictorian of his class at Dale Carnegie----he would be a good case study in the self-implosive nature of hubris or insecurity or whatever causes his bi-polar-esque outbursts. Probably should be pitied more than despised but that's easier said than done, I guess.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yes. In fact, on another forum I belong to many of the police carry a Wilson combat of some type for every day carry.

With your back ground as a machinist you could build your very own $3,000 custom 1911 on the cheap. If I had the ability and access to a machine shop I would build my own 1911 as I have my own idea of what a custom 1911 should look like and be.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,565
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.