-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 216 of 2,579 1 2 214 215 216 217 218 2578 2579
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Weird to heAr that grouse numbers are down in your AO JeffO. My family and friends down that way has been slaughtering them from the coast to the hills so far this years. Up here in Western WA. I have been out 7 times since grouse opened 09/01 and we have had no issue in getting 4 bird limits for 2-4 guys every time within a few hours. Lots of mushrooms along the overgrown logging roads as well.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm up in the coast range west of Eugene at least once a week; it's where I hike and shoot. I have not seen a single grouse since I started shooting again in March-April.

In fairness, it's an area of low grouse density. At least for the last dozen years. Even the up-cycles aren't good. But this year appears to be extra not good.

In contrast, where I'd go to kill grouse (and mountain quail) tomorrow if I was gonna, which is up around Cougar Rez, I'd see multiple flushes in an afternoon. If I didn't, it'd be the first time.

I think my "gun of the night" tonight will be the Clitoris (credit to Art). Always fun to click-clack some Jap steel.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue
She never quit, but just ran out of seasons.

That, sir, is pure poetry.

We should all be so lucky.

Salute to Abby! (now I'm all choked up, damn dogs anyway)

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Think it was just a little wet that day and he got washed some on the carry back to me.

Yes, it is tough to watch them crash at the end.

Abby, with the first.

[Linked Image]

And of of the last 12 years later. She never quit, but just ran out of seasons.

[Linked Image]

I just made your bottom picture my screen saver for the next few days, hope you don't mind the piracy. Great looking dogs and I'm sure a wonderful lifetime with you.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Then this showed up today. Says .223AI on the barrel. Can any of you gentlemen help me out.

[Linked Image]

And about this....

None of us here know anything of this rifle/cartridge....

Can't help you out.... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I'm up in the coast range west of Eugene at least once a week; it's where I hike and shoot. I have not seen a single grouse since I started shooting again in March-April.

In fairness, it's an area of low grouse density. At least for the last dozen years. Even the up-cycles aren't good. But this year appears to be extra not good.

In contrast, where I'd go to kill grouse (and mountain quail) tomorrow if I was gonna, which is up around Cougar Rez, I'd see multiple flushes in an afternoon. If I didn't, it'd be the first time.

I think my "gun of the night" tonight will be the Clitoris (credit to Art). Always fun to click-clack some Jap steel.

Translation:

There are no grouse where I go grouse hunting but I know of a great place to go grouse hunting if I were to actually go grouse hunting which I might. Meaning, I won't.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Translation:

There are no grouse where I go grouse hunting but I know of a great place to grouse hunting if I were to actually go grouse hunting which I might. Meaning, I won't.

Travis

Holy schit, did you buy the jeffo Rosetta Stone translator?
Thanks dude.

P.S. I was praying to God that he didn't post the mtn. climbing clitoris pics again.
Thank you sweet baby Jesus..................

Have Dog

Will Travel

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Translation:

There are no grouse where I go grouse hunting but I know of a great place to grouse hunting if I were to actually go grouse hunting which I might. Meaning, I won't.

Travis

Wow! You're pretty good at reading between the lines. smile

Last edited by doubletap; 09/11/12.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wageslave

Translation:

Travis

Holy schit, did you buy the jeffo Rosetta Stone translator?
Thanks dude.

P.S. I was praying to God that he didn't post the mtn. climbing clitoris pics again.
Thank you sweet baby Jesus..................

Even sweet baby Jesus laughs at Jeffrey.

Took him four paragraphs to explain the entire state of Oregon is not infested with grouse. Almost like there are good spots, and bad spots for hunting. Crazy....

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by doubletap

Wow! You're pretty good at reading between the lines. smile

I was married once, so I had to learn to speak stupid.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
PS- I noticed it is your birthday, so GFY buddy!

Travis

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ingwe

Oh well, I was hoping for some good info seeing this is the premier no Bull Shiit web hunting site. Shoots little bullets anyway. Should make a good plinker if nothing else.

laissez les bons temps rouler
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks, appreciate the sentiment.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good dogs mark a fella, miss a whole lot of those characters for the past. Well, except for Zipper. English Pointer that could not decline the opportunity to crawl inside a cow corpse when he found one. Don't miss him...but he left a memory.

Sorry to say I'll be scarce a short while. Big 'puter took a chitt, I-Phones don't get along with me for long winded dissertations.

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Oh well, I was hoping for some good info seeing this is the premier no Bull Shiit web hunting site. Shoots little bullets anyway. Should make a good plinker if nothing else.

Whatever you do, don't go and try shooting deer with it....its just plain not enough gun....

Last edited by ingwe; 09/11/12.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Tender moments like this are what keeps me here....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Whatever you do, don't go and try shooting deer with it....its just plain not enough gun....

Not even if they are really really close and I'm using those Barney bullets?

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Not even if they are really really close and I'm using those Barney bullets?

If you use them you will need to keep a few A-Max or something like them in your pocket, just in case you get a shot at 301 YDS.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SLM

If you use them you will need to keep a few A-Max or something like them in your pocket, just in case you get a shot at 301 YDS.

Dis part is true, faux shaux....

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by SLM

Dis part is true, faux shaux....

The problem is, if they do not shoot the same, it can lead to depression, cold sweat, confusion and incoherent rambling.

Last edited by SLM; 09/11/12.
Page 216 of 2,579 1 2 214 215 216 217 218 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 1badf350, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,704
Posts18,513,844
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.