-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
History repeats, our government needs to study cases such as Louis Riel and how this affected Quebec and English Canada relations. Bitterness and injustices are not easily forgotten.
They really need to slam down hard on these aboriginals that start making laws before we end up in the same fate as Manitoba and Saskatchewan in 1880's. Small conflicts ended up in small wars with aboriginals surrendering or running. I think most of these runaways now reside in BC. You might say - that's different, them were metis. For me any many here in Canada all agree that all aboriginals are metis(mixed bloods). There may be a few pockets of Eskimo only that could prove their blood lines pure by DNA testing.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
History repeats, our government needs to study cases such as Louis Riel and how this affected Quebec and English Canada relations. Bitterness and injustices are not easily forgotten.
They really need to slam down hard on these aboriginals that start making laws before we end up in the same fate as Manitoba and Saskatchewan in 1880's. Small conflicts ended up in small wars with aboriginals surrendering or running. I think most of these runaways now reside in BC. You might say - that's different, them were metis. For me any many here in Canada all agree that all aboriginals are metis(mixed bloods). There may be a few pockets of Eskimo only that could prove their blood lines pure by DNA testing.

A Nationality isn't only determined by your DNA, how absurd!! Someday vast tracts of British Columbia will once again be under aboriginal governance! Much the same as what history has shown happened in India and Hong Kong. The governments of Canada and her provinces are making a huge mistake by dragging out treaty talks and refusing to legitimize their occupation of native lands. They cannot continue to rape and plunder the lands and resources of others against their wishes without fair compensation. Aboriginal lawyers are honing their skills! Mark my words, aboriginals shall regain control and governance over their own land and people's.....it's just a matter of time. :-)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't see the connection between Hong Kong and India to Indian land claims???. Hong Kong was taken over by British mainly to control the Opium flood into Europe. India lost control of it's country by it's own in fighting over the newly found monetary system. You see pretty well the same thing going on on Reservation throughout the country. The Chief's family all drive Silverado's and play hockey all over the country while the rest of tribe is starving to death. Perfect senario for a take over just like India was a couple 100 years ago. They can't agree on anything and the Royal family steal everything. Old people are starving with cardboard where there should be a window and burning furniture to avoid freezing and eating the dog when times really get tough.
Let's face it the aboriginals of Canada are a conquered nation same as the American Indians were. So where in this world do you a see a conquered Nation still lay claim to land that they lost or forfeited??

Last edited by 378Canuck; 09/25/12.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It seems to be the tribal way, the boys at the top get all the gravy. Look at places like Iran or Libya...tribal systems of governments where those at the top live in palaces while the populace live in tents.

Canada is not much different, it's just that they let us have a little more than the average country. Probably because by the time of confederation the British monarchy was a little more civilized?

Conquered Nation? Hardly here in most of Canada, the deal was cut with the Crown that treaties would be made to avoid wars....and many First Nations are still waiting for those promises to be fullfilled. It's no wonder hollywood indians say: "white man speak with forked tongue". ;-)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Right on the first statement.

The British Monarchy didn't want problems with the natives since they were supplying all the precious furs to the Hudsons Bay trading company.When you had to pile beaver hides the height of a rifle to purchase it. Maybe that's why they built rifles so long in those days. They really didn't give a shiite about Canada, all they wanted was furs.
Of course the whitemen, the government sent to negotiate spoke with forked tongues, what's changed they still do.

An old wise native fellow said to me one day "The whiteman came with the Bible, the cross and the whiskey bottle. We had all the land, now they have all the land and we have the whiskey bottle, the bible and the cross". He was 60 years old, I was 15 and he could outrun me no contest. He lived to 90 and walked to work 3 miles everyday. He was the janitor at the hospital. He gave me my first pair of mocassins, then I knew why he could run so fast. He showed me how to skin animals, how to hunt like an injun not a clumsy whiteman. He never drank or cussed, and was at church every Sunday. Not all injuns are bad that you can bank on.

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have always believe we should honor the treaties but they must use the equipment they had at the time of the treaties. In other words no modern guns, no gill nets, no modern fishing lures or boats. That should make things a little more normal for them and they would have to work for success

Absolutely agreed. It get's on my nerves when some natives I know go out and take 50-100 walleye an outing and shoot moose in late august and early september. Some hunt with spotlights and have no respect for landowners and they are immune to prosecution. Just nuts.

Last edited by Rene; 09/29/12.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I'll stay out of your business.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Way to go Kutenay right on. Dan[wish i could put it as good as you]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (12344mag, 160user, 1minute, 1234, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 13,589 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,273
Posts18,545,033
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.