Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Good friend of mine just called me from the White River Apache Reservation in Arizona. He's on his way to the processor, after tagging a Bull Elk last night. 125 yards, one shot, hit a bit back due to this is is first elk hunt, and it was at last light, and they heard him hit the ground a couple of times. Went out before first light this morning and it was 8-900 yards away. Experienced guides field scored him gross at 409+, and a net of 394. It was 47 1/2 inches between antler tips, and the Apaches want to pedestal mount him, and use him for a while to show just what they have on the reservation. This guy is one happy camper, and so rattled he doesn't know which way is up. What a bruiser to take on your first ever trip out West to hunt, and your first elk hunt. Be hard to ever top that. I'm promised a bunch of pictures when ever he gets home. Any thing we take in the 2nd season in GMU 24 in Colorado won't even come close to that giant.

If you can read, you can see it coming!

http://www.mtekweaponsystems.com/
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
"the Apaches want to pedestal mount him, and use him for a while to show just what they have on the reservation."

He stands a chance of never getting that elk back....no way I'd do that...but, congrats on a great bull.

I'd have MY taxidermist make a fiberglass replica of him and ship it to then.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Martinstucky
Good friend of mine just called me from the White River Apache Reservation in Arizona. He's on his way to the processor, after tagging a Bull Elk last night. 125 yards, one shot, hit a bit back due to this is is first elk hunt, and it was at last light, and they heard him hit the ground a couple of times. Went out before first light this morning and it was 8-900 yards away. Experienced guides field scored him gross at 409+, and a net of 394. It was 47 1/2 inches between antler tips, and the Apaches want to pedestal mount him, and use him for a while to show just what they have on the reservation. This guy is one happy camper, and so rattled he doesn't know which way is up. What a bruiser to take on your first ever trip out West to hunt, and your first elk hunt. Be hard to ever top that. I'm promised a bunch of pictures when ever he gets home. Any thing we take in the 2nd season in GMU 24 in Colorado won't even come close to that giant.

Tell your friend to tell the White Moutain Tribe to give him a $10,000 nonrefundable deposit and wait a few years......

How much is a White Mountain Apache hunt for a bull costing these days anyway?......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
this thread is worthless without pictures.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nice for a first bull I guess.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TRnCO
this thread is worthless without pictures.

How about this deer I got on the way home from the range???

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Tell your friend to tell the White Moutain Tribe to give him a $10,000 nonrefundable deposit and wait a few years......

How much is a White Mountain Apache hunt for a bull costing these days anyway?......

Casey

$12,000 and up..........

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Yeah, I wouldnt loan it to them.

And, not to be debby downer but on that res, 409" isnt anywhere NEAR what they have to offer. There is a shop between pinetop/lakeside and Hondah that has some KILLER bulls in there. Mounts and pictures.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
409" is a hoss, but I have seen what they can produce there. It is seriously 100" more than most public land produces year in and out...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

The fact the Apaches want make a life size mount and put him on display at their ranch/reservation should tell you how common a 409 bull is even for the White Mountain.

Even the White Mountain Tribe doesn't necessarily kill 410 class B&C bulls evey year........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Martinstucky,

Congrats to your pal!

If you ever get over to the Outdoorsman in Greenwood, let me know - be happy to buy you a coke and meet another Campfire member!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and the Apaches want to pedestal mount him, and use him for a while to show just what they have on the reservation.

I'm happy for your friend, that's a BFE.

I'm guessing that hunt was north of 10k, likely more. I'd ask them for 20k returned in-full to them upon delivery of said pedestal mount back to your pard. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Jeez, you guys are worried about the injuns getting to him? Everbody knows it's the whiteyes that are the treaty breakers.....

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by SKane
and the Apaches want to pedestal mount him, and use him for a while to show just what they have on the reservation.

I'm happy for your friend, that's a BFE.

I'm guessing that hunt was north of 10k, likely more. I'd ask them for 20k returned in-full to them upon delivery of said pedestal mount back to your pard. wink

http://rmef.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/3/lot/370/

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Haha! That's ridiculous! $70,000 to have a 'pache lead me up to a bull so I can shoot an elk!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
To everyone their own.
I have read a thread here a while back when a "guide" didn't ever show up and the hunter was screwed out of his hunt. I think I'd be unhappy if that happened on a $70k hunt.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Tho i have never hunted on the reservations i have fished there and have had good dealings with the Fort Apache and San Carlos Apaches.....same experience with the Mescalero Apaches in NM.

The Navajos.........not so much.

Martin - send congrats to the proud hunter.........and we desire the pics.

Last edited by chapped_lips; 09/15/12.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Will be delighted and excited to see the bull pics! Congrats to anyone getting that nice of a bull, especially first time...
Nice nice deer picture there too!

I ride mules, hunt every chance I can, and even take my husband with me!
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
He called me yesterday on his way back, and sent me this picture of his bull.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Martinstucky; 09/18/12.

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Very nice bull. Congrats to your friend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,187
Posts18,484,861
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.