Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Hawk:

You entitled this thread: Arrested For Asking Cops For Help

Clearly they were not arrested for that reason, and once again you have shown yourself to be a complete jerk. A dishonest one, at that. And it is no defense to say you're simply repeating the dishonest statement of those two nitwits as told to the TV reporter.

Ummm, the two nitwits won the case. Hawkeye is a goofball that lives for these silly threads, but I read it twice and don't see how you can jump to the conclusions you just made.

[Linked Image]

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[quote=rte][color:#000099]This story is six years old.The two people,who were arrested, were found not guilty of running a stop sign.They subsequently sued the police officer and won the case.

Kelley et al v Preston, et al

Plaintiffs: Joshua A. Kelley and Llara Brook
Defendants: Natalie N. Preston, Baltimore City Police Department and The State of Maryland

Case Number: 1:2007cv01020
Filed: April 20, 2007

Court: Maryland District Court
Office: Baltimore Office
County: 88888
Presiding Judge: Judge Andre M Davis

Nature of Suit: Civil Rights - Other Civil Rights
Cause: 42:1983 Civil Rights Act
Jurisdiction: Federal Question
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff

Any idea what the award might have been?

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Originally Posted by rte
This story is six years old.
For crying out loud. You can't expect our resident cop basher to be posting current examples can you? He's run out of those. Cut him some slack.
You can't run current examples here. When you do you're greeted with "It's too soon to know anything about that case yet. It needs to go to trial first and have everything fully hashed out." Naturally, if you wait till after it's all fully hashed out in court, you're greeted with "Can't you find anything current?" So it's a lose lose.

That's the point.

Exactly!

I have a friend who has a similar adventure with cops 6 months ago: we had an appointment in a town he did not know and seeing a police car, he stopped alongside and asked for directions; that was the start of a harrowing afternoon...

Alcohol test: negative. Complete check of his license: no fault. Detailed check of the car papers, complete with registration, inspection, pollution, insurance: no fault. Detailed check of the car contents: no fault. Check of the front and rear lights, seat belts, you name it: no fault. Control of data bases to see if there was not somehow, somewhere, something against him: no fault. Eventually he was taken to the police station for "further investigation"!... By that time he had called me 2 times to say that he was delayed by a police control.

Finally he called his lawyer and they had to release him quickly. As he left, one of the cops told him: "See what can happen when you ask directions from us?".

He never understood the cause of this harassment and neither did I: the guy is perfectly normal in external appearance, cleanliness of self and clothing... His looks and manners are those of a decent, job holding, tax paying citizen... His car was clean and well maintained outside and inside...

Perhaps he reminded the cop of somebody he did not like and the officer tried to take a vengeance by proxy...

Anyway we drank to celebrate his "liberation" and had some fun thinking of the frustration of the guy who had tried so hard to nail him, but without success.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Real men don't ask for directions. Baltimore City...explains a lot. Can't believe this monumental case escaped my offices. Did it even make a Md paper?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
back when i first moved to corpus i got in a little fender bender, so i called the police. the officer asked me my address and i couldn't remember the apt# so that bitch arrested me. the judge was more than a little annoyed by it and released me in the morning.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deersmeller

Exactly!

I have a friend who has a similar adventure with cops 6 months ago: we had an appointment in a town he did not know and seeing a police car, he stopped alongside and asked for directions; that was the start of a harrowing afternoon...

Alcohol test: negative. Complete check of his license: no fault. Detailed check of the car papers, complete with registration, inspection, pollution, insurance: no fault. Detailed check of the car contents: no fault. Check of the front and rear lights, seat belts, you name it: no fault. Control of data bases to see if there was not somehow, somewhere, something against him: no fault. Eventually he was taken to the police station for "further investigation"!... By that time he had called me 2 times to say that he was delayed by a police control.

Finally he called his lawyer and they had to release him quickly. As he left, one of the cops told him: "See what can happen when you ask directions from us?".

He never understood the cause of this harassment and neither did I: the guy is perfectly normal in external appearance, cleanliness of self and clothing... His looks and manners are those of a decent, job holding, tax paying citizen... His car was clean and well maintained outside and inside...

Perhaps he reminded the cop of somebody he did not like and the officer tried to take a vengeance by proxy...

Anyway we drank to celebrate his "liberation" and had some fun thinking of the frustration of the guy who had tried so hard to nail him, but without success.
Yes, it seems to have become part of police culture that mere serfs dare not ask them for directions. If you're lucky, they will merely shout at you, "WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE TO YOU, A [bleep] ROAD MAP!" Looks like your friend was taught his lesson with what's called "the white glove treatment."

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RISJR
Real men don't ask for directions. Baltimore City...explains a lot. Can't believe this monumental case escaped my offices. Did it even make a Md paper?
Probably far too common an occurrence.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by stxhunter
back when i first moved to corpus i got in a little fender bender, so i called the police. the officer asked me my address and i couldn't remember the apt# so that bitch arrested me. the judge was more than a little annoyed by it and released me in the morning.
Don't you get it? The trouble that she caused you was your punishment for daring to ask her to do her job. Doesn't matter that you were let go later. What cops say is, "You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride." That is to say, the punishment they are empowered to arbitrarily meet out to you is the trouble they can cause you till a judge lets you go. That's called a police state. In the old days, that sort of thing was strictly something non-Americans had to deal with in their own "backwards hellholes."

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Sorry, you haven't been here long enough, or read enough of his posts, to know trh's goofiness or cop hatred. this is pretty much all he posts about, besides chickens and those wily international banksters, and Ron Paul.
It's pretty easy to test that claim. The software for this site permits one to list all of any member's posts as far back as you like. I welcome anyone to do so.

There's a great deal of self-perpetuating mythology about yours truly that's been generated around here by the usual suspects. The purpose of this mythology is to discredit. The motive for discrediting has to do with being unable to refute actual arguments with counterarguments. It's really that simple.

OOps, I forgot about shrink-wrapped shower pistols and Negros in pickup trucks, and that dreaded Flouride. Sorry about that, didn't mean to demean.......

Last edited by ratsmacker; 09/21/12.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Exactly!

Yes, it seems to have become part of police culture that mere serfs dare not ask them for directions. If you're lucky, they will merely shout at you, "WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE TO YOU, A [bleep] ROAD MAP!" Looks like your friend was taught his lesson with what's called "the white glove treatment."

Damn, all this time my guys and I have been giving directions, changing tires and helping folks who are broke down. I guess nobody has clued us ignorant NH folks in on the "police culture". How did you get the notice when it wasn't in the nationwide "police culture" magazine we all get monthly after they teach us the secret handshake? whistle

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH K9

Damn, all this time my guys and I have been giving directions, changing tires and helping folks who are broke down. I guess nobody has clued us ignorant NH folks in on the "police culture". How did you get the notice when it wasn't in the nationwide "police culture" magazine we all get monthly after they teach us the secret handshake? whistle
Why do you suppose The Free State Movement chose New Hampshire as their starting point?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Exactly!

Probably has more to do with the fact that you're white, serving in a mostly white community, than anything else. This is nothing more than the "[bleep] with a badge, pro tectin' da hood from crackas" phenomenon.

Last edited by Take_a_knee; 09/21/12. Reason: spellin'
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

As I wrote in another thread, I have a high opinion of police responsibilities and of the qualities required to be a good police officer.

I am glad to hear of the service ethics that exist in your unit and thank you for it; good police work and a good relationship between LEOs and regular folks are very necessary. At the same time, I think it is important to be aware of how and when police officers misuse their powers and the trust put in them.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As with all levels of government, the problem with law enforcement is that it's run by humans. smirk

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MacLorry
As with all levels of government, the problem with law enforcement is that it's run by humans. smirk

And the other problem is we the people have let them run the asylum. We have to take back their over reaching propensities.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.