Have Dog

Will Travel

GB1

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think they may still be stuck together.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM
I think they may still be stuck together.

Everyone has been hosing them down with cold water for two days but.........

Have Dog

Will Travel

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Where is LC and BlackShart the ol' cacks?

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Drunk tank....

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I stopped at the local shootin shop this afternoon and looked at some AR's.

I liked a RRA they had. Flat top, no sights, A2 stock. The SS 20"bbl was a little heavy. If that bbl was a little slimmer it'd be real nice. As it were, it hung a little heavy at the front. Trigger was not bad. All in all, a nice weapon that just weighed alittle to much out front for me to get overly excited about. Thinking I could lop a couple inches off to improve balance.

They had a R-15. Nice and light, good trigger but no chrome lined bore/chamber. Other than that it was pretty much there.

Sumptin in between the two would be perfect.

Everything else was folding/flip-up/soldier of Fortune style with little carbine barrels and tactical flash supressors the nice fella behind the counter told me were good for breaching doors?

I don't wannna breach doors.

The frosting on the cake came when he explained the 5.56 won't penetrate a big game animal, and here in Washington, The law says it has to fully penetrate to leave a blood trail.

Surprisingly enough, he explained, FMJ 5.56 ammo would kill game up to maybe a pig while a 7.62 FMJ would not. The 7.62 needs "ballistic type" bullets to be effective.

I told him about this website, said he had to log on as there was a guy that goes by "Boxer" that needed a talkin' to.

I figger if he logs on all-y'all owe me one.

Any who, I'm torn 'tween going back for more lessons on tactical footwear and coordinating that with Affliction brand T-shirts stole off the back of some guys little brother, or taking my chances at another brick and mortar.

Maybe I'll go back and have him expound on the finer points of a goatee and bedazzeled jeans to simultaneousley both woo the ladies and strike fear into the hearts of middle school children.

Choices.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
Where is LC and BlackShart the ol' cacks?

Guessing they don't even know.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MadMooner
...I told him about this website, said he had to log on as there was a guy that goes by "Boxer" that needed a talkin' to...

That's just plain mean.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

I liked a RRA they had. Flat top, no sights, A2 stock. The SS 20"bbl was a little heavy. If that bbl was a little slimmer it'd be real nice. As it were, it hung a little heavy at the front. Trigger was not bad. All in all, a nice weapon that just weighed alittle to much out front for me to get overly excited about. Thinking I could lop a couple inches off to improve balance.

They had a R-15. Nice and light, good trigger but no chrome lined bore/chamber. Other than that it was pretty much there.

Everything else was folding/flip-up/soldier of Fortune style with little carbine barrels and tactical flash supressors the nice fella behind the counter told me were good for breaching doors?

The frosting on the cake came when he explained the 5.56 won't penetrate a big game animal, and here in Washington, The law says it has to fully penetrate to leave a blood trail.

Surprisingly enough, he explained, FMJ 5.56 ammo would kill game up to maybe a pig while a 7.62 FMJ would not. The 7.62 needs "ballistic type" bullets to be effective.

I told him about this website, said he had to log on as there was a guy that goes by "Boxer" that needed a talkin' to.

Any who, I'm torn 'tween going back for more lessons on tactical footwear and coordinating that with Affliction brand T-shirts stole off the back of some guys little brother, or taking my chances at another brick and mortar.

Maybe I'll go back and have him expound on the finer points of a goatee and bedazzeled jeans to simultaneousley both woo the ladies and strike fear into the hearts of middle school children.

Choices.

Sounds like you need to buy a used, pretuned Krunchenticker off the 24hr. Classifeds.....

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by SLM

Guessing they don't even know.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm with ya.

The high point was actually fingering some merchandise to get an idea of what was what.

You should of seen him demonstrate a "hot reload". It was truly awesome.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
demonstrate a "hot reload".

Demonstrate...a hot reload....?

Oh DO go on....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparentley its what you do when "in action" and involves kicking a mag across the floor.

Way above my paygrade.

Honestly, its fellas like the guy at the gun store today that have had me walking away from AR's and similar, shaking my head in disbelief and fearing for the future.

Where do these people come from?

I'm thinking I'll take one home in the next week or two and if I don't like it, change it, or just move it.

Thanks for the advice, all.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
[Linked Image]

See? This is a smile coming from someone holding a magnificent fish; a smile of enjoyment, a smile of wanting to be there, sharing the moment with the camera person and the dude to the left (her right side).

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Where do these people come from?

Ahh....Gunshops, we have them here as well....usually the type that watch too many movies.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow. You and Seafire got the power.
Do you call that photosynthesis?

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SLM
The real reason DD left us. (Bastid)

[Linked Image]

If I didn't feel like Chitt I'd eat that.

Y'all have a GFY day.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

You should of seen him demonstrate a "hot reload". It was truly awesome.

Don't tell me...let me guess...the guy was wearing a " tactical vest" of some kind, black BDUs and weighed 300 pounds....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by wageslave
Wow. You and Seafire got the power.
Do you call that photosynthesis?

laugh

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Choices.

Laughin' my ass off...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 239 of 2,579 1 2 237 238 239 240 241 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (1minute, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1_deuce, 26 invisible), 1,136 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,347
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.