-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to say. When they built the .454 and then the .480 in the Super Redhawk, they went to the super-strong Carpenter Custom 465 stainless steel, which has that dark gray color to it. I'm guessing they felt the gun was marginal for the .480, otherwise.

I think my SRH cylinder could be reamed out to accept the .475 Linebaugh. Then I could have a Ruger Revo and rifle (#1S) in the same butt-whooping caliber. I know I could shoot .480's in the longer chamber of the existing #1 rifles, but accuracy could suffer.

On his website Bowen suggests he does not want to try machining the Carpenter Custom 465. Don't know if someone else could try it.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

J
JEC Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
The 480 Bisley has come up several times in talks with Ruger. There is more to it than most think. We do have some cool projects in the works. Hopefully 2013 we will be a good year for single action exclusives.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As a public service:

http://ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkDE/models.html

Just scroll over the revolvers available from Lipsey's.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Jason,

Thanks for the reply.

The reasons I dismiss are "the difficulty of making it a 5 shot" Huh! and "the frame is not strong enough"... never mind the custom 475's that seem to be doing fine.

But what a tease you are; " Hopefully 2013 we will be a good year for single action exclusives."

I can wait through 2014 for my 480 Bisley... If I'm shooting my 'Lipsey's Special' Stainless Bisley .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertable on the 'New Vaquero' sized frame (Personally prefer the 'sight guard' on the full sized blackhawk vs. the flat top's lack of one).

Thanks,

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
Jason,

Thanks for the reply.

The reasons I dismiss are "the difficulty of making it a 5 shot" Huh! and "the frame is not strong enough"... never mind the custom 475's that seem to be doing fine.

But what a tease you are; " Hopefully 2013 we will be a good year for single action exclusives."

I can wait through 2014 for my 480 Bisley... If I'm shooting my 'Lipsey's Special' Stainless Bisley .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertable on the 'New Vaquero' sized frame (Personally prefer the 'sight guard' on the full sized blackhawk vs. the flat top's lack of one).

Thanks,

Jerry

Yep.

Ruger oughta have a a revo & rifle combo in either .475 or .480. The .475 is certainly a good caliber in the Number One, but I wish they'd done a .480 instead - or offered the SRH in .475 as well smile A five shot Bisley in .480 would also be okay smile

Heck, I might even buy a bolt action .480, but I could see the magazine getting complicated frown Puma/Rossi of course imported some Win 92 clones in .480, which occasionally turn up used, but I really don't want to buy an import.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by bea175
Thanks, I replaced the cylinder pin with a Keith Belt Mountain and replaced all the springs with a Wolf Kit and fitted the front sight with Red Insert. The pistol has the 45 acp cylinder with it, but i have never installed it.

Bea,

How big of a pain in the azz was the red insert? I'm longing for something similar on my Bisley.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not really all that hard some needle files and red insert kit that you mix hardener and color powder . I cut the slot and mix sight material, fill the little dovetail and fast dry with hair dryer and then file to shape , maybe 30 to 40 min job taking your time.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Hard to say. When they built the .454 and then the .480 in the Super Redhawk, they went to the super-strong Carpenter Custom 465 stainless steel, which has that dark gray color to it. I'm guessing they felt the gun was marginal for the .480, otherwise.

I think my SRH cylinder could be reamed out to accept the .475 Linebaugh. Then I could have a Ruger Revo and rifle (#1S) in the same butt-whooping caliber. I know I could shoot .480's in the longer chamber of the existing #1 rifles, but accuracy could suffer.

On his website Bowen suggests he does not want to try machining the Carpenter Custom 465. Don't know if someone else could try it.
Not to hijack, but I really like the look of the gray stainless.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thanks! That may be the solution to my quest for a "
better" front sight.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I actually have a NIB SS Ruger Bisley Blackhawk convertible in 45LC/45ACP with the 5.5" barrel and grey/black laminated grip that I haven't listed in the classifieds yet. If you're interested, shoot me a PM..... wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NH K9
better" front sight.

George

No problem George

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I actually have a NIB SS Ruger Bisley Blackhawk convertible in 45LC/45ACP with the 5.5" barrel and grey/black laminated grip that I haven't listed in the classifieds yet. If you're interested, shoot me a PM..... wink

Oh that's tempting...

grin

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W

Oh that's tempting...

grin

And you can have at it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by NH K9
better" front sight.

George

No problem George

Good grief those arms are ugly! sick

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Oh that's tempting...

grin
FWIW I would deal with Nebraska in a heartbeat, were I in the market for one.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
bea175... dude, I respect you and all, but please take that skank's picture out of your sig line... it cracked my monitor this morning when I opened this thread and read your post...

I cannot imagine how anyone would find that skag even remotely attractive... I wouldn't f**k her with Obama's dick...

sick

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DocRocket
bea175... dude, I respect you and all, but please take that skank's picture out of your sig line... it cracked my monitor this morning when I opened this thread and read your post...

I cannot imagine how anyone would find that skag even remotely attractive... I wouldn't f**k her with Obama's dick...

sick

you know you have this photo taped to your Chitter Wall

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Oh that's tempting...

grin

And I very well might - if I didn't just buy a gun safe this morning grin Really nice safe. Really didn't want to, but had to.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Oh that's tempting...

grin

And I very well might - if I didn't just buy a gun safe this morning grin Really nice safe. Really didn't want to, but had to.

Thanks EE and back at ya. BTW - did I mention that I have an easy payment plan for new safe owners??? wink laugh

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Li[psey's did a run of these last year, and they've been hard to get hold of. At least at a decent price...

Plenty on Gunbroker for around $550.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,131 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,776
Posts18,495,819
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.