It makes it all Christmassy and stuff:

[Linked Image]

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The ladder is also useful after a week of camp cooking. You can get the cook high enough to push him off with a rope around his neck.

Fortunately (unfortunately?), we do not have that problem. We have several guys who are EXCELLENT cooks. Our problem is more like not wanting to push away from the table...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
I suggest not like this. I was stunned when I arrived in a NE BC camp, area loaded with grizzly, that they just hung the stuff. I lost an elk quarter and was left a mauled two after the fifth night. Dog was going nutz that night and in another camp a grizz was killed in the camp. Never figured it?

[Linked Image]

Looks like bait. whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by superdave
It makes it all Christmassy and stuff:

[Linked Image]

I've used something similar only it was the strobe light that goes on floatation devices. Keeps grizzlies off of moose meet. You can see the tracks all around the camp but they haven't come in with those flashing.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been bringing a 6' step ladder to camp for a couple decades. My favorite camp tool is the post hole digger. Digging crapper pits is almost to easy.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A ladder. Tie it on top of the truck or camper to get it there. It sure simplifies putting up a meat pole, hanging quarters, or whatever.
I have a stock rack on my pickup to haul my llamas to camp. The ladder goes on top of the rack. It weighs nothing and only adds 4" to the height.

Re the actual meat pole, a length of decent quality chain is a good substitute and can be used for other things like pulling out a vehicle ect. It is also easier to pack and carry if you are hunting in an area where suitable limbs are scarce.

Unlike using a rope, stuff does not tend to slide along a chain especially if you use S hooks through individual links..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is how we do it. Nothing close by for trees so we make out own meat pole. After done skinning it's really easy to spread a tarp over the frame and can be moved to funnel the wind for better cooling and drying.

[Linked Image]

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice!

I like how you quarter!
I am also from the old school and bring it all out when possible. The no gut method suits some, but there is a of sandwiches left afield.

Clinging to my God, and my guns!
R
R
Just a 2 dollar meat sack, some rope and a tree limb has worked well with the third season elk we have brought out of gmu 54 in colorado. 4 years, 3 bulls!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,000
Posts18,481,224
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.