Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
cervus Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Looking at a new 3-9 scope. Just interested in peoples comments on weather there is any difference between swarovski z3 and kahles kx. Price wise i can get them similarily priced,, is there much difference between them optically, build toughness and weather proofing??

thanks for any feed back.....

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am a huge fan of everything Swarovski...........except rifle scopes, so go for the Kahles.

If you want the best value for the money for a 3x9 go Zeiss Conquest and thank me later. dont see that you give up anything and you can spend the extra scratch on a better Rifle !!!!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Due to the great Swarovski CS I'd go Z3 over Kahles.

I own Swarovski Z3 & Z6 scopes, but rockchuck has a point..that 3x9 Conquest is hard to beat for the price. My last 2 scope purchases were 3.5-10x44 Conquest.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Probably a toss up. Kahles is owned by Swarovski.

Rich or poor, it pays to have money.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by timbo762
Probably a toss up. Kahles is owned by Swarovski.

If I'm not mistaken, "WAS owned" by Swarovski is now the correct statement.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Swaro and Kahles were originally two separate companies.IIRC,Kahles has been making riflescopes longer.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Long story on the Swaro-Kahles relationship....two seperate companies. I prefer Kahles. My advice is to pick up both, look at the features of each and through each piece of glass and make your own decision. While Conquest is a good value, I sold the only one I had. For me too heavy and too long for the magnification range, smaller eyebox vs Kahles. I do like the Z-Plex reticle. VX3 is every bit as good as a Conquest to my eye with many more options and reticles available and much lighter. I compared Conquest to VX3 and sold a Conquest. I compared VX3 to Kahles KX and sold a VX3. Apples and Oranges.It's nice to have choices smile

Last edited by 7025Jack; 10/03/12.

"I will remain what I am until the day I die- A HUNTER"......Sitting Bull
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a 4-12 z3 and I was happy with it. I sold it and replaced with z5 for maginication. Light gathering with swaro is amazing the bt system on the swaro is also great and interchanable with different rifles

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I would look for a used Kahles CL series riflescope. If you can find one with the MultiZero (similar to the Swarovski BT), grab it. They are a good value compared to the KX line. I have several and they are a top 1" tube scope.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cervus
Looking at a new 3-9 scope. Just interested in peoples comments on weather there is any difference between swarovski z3 and kahles kx. Price wise i can get them similarily priced,, is there much difference between them optically, build toughness and weather proofing??

thanks for any feed back.....

kahles KX and Z3 are very comparable scopes. Now if you can find a Kahles CL it is >>>>Z3/z5 , compact scope with an etched reticle which the Swaro does not have and absolutely brilliant optics. . They(Kahles) are now serviced statewide. I have owned 5 different Kahles scopes and only had to send one in because of a dust particle . I sent it to Austria and got it back in a month free. If you look at current Kahles prices for 1" scopes they have pretty much doubled.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have also owned a few KX and CL models. Would say they are on par with Z3 line. If u can get a deal on one don't be afraid...

C
cervus Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I currently own a 2-7 kahles CL and would agree they are great glass alright. One of the reasons I asked for peoples views on the z3...kx,, is I have owned swarovski binoculars from new and have had them fog.Just interested in general comments with regards to robustness,, weatherproofing and if there is any difference between them optically....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I currently own a 2-7 kahles CL and would agree they are great glass alright. One of the reasons I asked for peoples views on the z3...kx,, is I have owned swarovski binoculars from new and have had them fog.Just interested in general comments with regards to robustness,, weatherproofing and if there is any difference between them optically....

If you read my original post i am not a fan of Swarovski rifle scopes...., I am a fan of Swaro Bino's. I own 3 set's and have never seen them fog as you say.
I had one problem with an eyecup on a 10x42 EL, they sent me a new one free of charge 2 day's later.

If you want great optic's in Bino's or spotter's go for Swarovski's, if you want a great rifle scope look elsewhere.........

C
cervus Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Rockchuck,, your original post interested me when I first read it. Would like to know your reasons for not recommending swarovski scopes??

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Rockchuck,, your original post interested me when I first read it. Would like to know your reasons for not recommending swarovski scopes??

Like I stated earlier I am a big fan of Swarovski optic's, I believe the Swaro bino's are the "BEST" and I own several. Love the spotter's also.
The reason I dont like their riflescopes is because they have great optic's but sub-par mechanic's.
If you sight your gun in and leave it alone you might be happy with a Swaro but if you are a Knob twister for long range shot's you will seldom if ever return to Zero with a Swaro

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I've not had a kahles, but do have 3 Z3's and am very happy with them.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
That's interesting. My experience has been different, but I'm going to test that out next time I hit the ranges...

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Cervus, I have never owned a Swaro, but have lusted after their binos after playing with a friends. I have had an older model Khale's with the TDS reticle. It ws my first "nice" piece of glass. I picked up a Zeiss 3x9-40 conquest a few years back to put on Sako 75. Payed 399.00 for it from Doug (Camera land sponsor). It is a lot of glass, clear, bright, holds zero on my Sako 30-06, and for the coin it offers a hell of a value proposition. If you have the cash, and want to scratch that Euro glass itch (which I understand, I am saving $ for some Swaro Bino's ) then go for it. If cash is a concern, then that Zeiss Conquest might just put a big old smile on your face.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most of the glass that I have is either Swaro or Leupy. I've been pining for a Kahles 3-9 MZ (Multi0 for a while though). Missed them when CDNN had them as close-outs.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockchuck828

Like I stated earlier I am a big fan of Swarovski optic's, I believe the Swaro bino's are the "BEST" and I own several. Love the spotter's also.
The reason I dont like their riflescopes is because they have great optic's but sub-par mechanic's.
If you sight your gun in and leave it alone you might be happy with a Swaro but if you are a Knob twister for long range shot's you will seldom if ever return to Zero with a Swaro

My experience with (1) Swaro 3-10x42 AV is completely contrary to that. It holds zero, returns to zero, and tracks fantastically well. And I've put a lot of rounds through it, so to speak. If I had to grab one rifle to make one 600 yard shot right now, it'd be the one that scope is mounted on. I just made a 520 yard shot on a mule deer last week with it.

I would rate the mechanicals of my Swaro very high.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,429
Posts18,470,760
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.