Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
kallen Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Looking for information on these stocks. The 2950 is short action and the 2951 in the long action.

I ordered one of the "ti stocks" from stockys and it was larger in the barrel channel than I was looking for. The inside of the stock was not finished well with paint sprayed in the channel, the wrist was a little thicker than wanted, and the weight wasn't anything to sing about.

The only other option is the mountain rifle stocks but I know nothing about them besides they are lighter. I'd like to get information and finished pictures if you are using them with success. I know they might take some work to fit but imagine a lot less than a manufactures blank. My hopes is that my KS contour barrel will fit the channel better.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The mountain rifle stocks are ADL only,and the barrel channel is for the mountain rifle contour so you'll have to hog it out a bit for your KS barrel.Sounds like you ordered one of the Alaskan Tis which are pretty well a drop in for a magnum barrel contour.Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dropped my CDL Special Edition in 257 Roberts in their Alaskan Ti stock and had great results. Ain't a mickey but it's a shooter at less than 1/2 the price.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
kallen Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yep, I would say for sure the magnum contour would be the correct drop in for the Alaskan I tried.

Originally Posted by Monashee
The mountain rifle stocks are ADL only,and the barrel channel is for the mountain rifle contour so you'll have to hog it out a bit for your KS barrel.Sounds like you ordered one of the Alaskan Tis which are pretty well a drop in for a magnum barrel contour.Monashee

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish I had a part# for you but it's been a long time ago. I bought this one from B&C for my factory Ti, I wanted bottom metal. It was a drop in fit. I liked it.

[Linked Image]

Terry

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Its not a huge big deal to alter the 2950/2951 to BDL.Haul out the Dremel or if you are unsure get your smith to do it. Monashee

kallen Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
That's pretty much what I'm looking to do. The rifle I am working on is for my father. It is a 280 ackley, all stainless Remington with Douglas barrel turned down to a KS contour. Presently I get a laugh when I look at it because it looks like a regular stainless sps in its Tupperware stock.
Originally Posted by TC1
I wish I had a part# for you but it's been a long time ago. I bought this one from B&C for my factory Ti, I wanted bottom metal. It was a drop in fit. I liked it.

[Linked Image]

Terry

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Stockys Stocks lists the 2465 as the model number for the long action mountain rifle stock. I believe the OP is correct--says it's for a BDL version only, weighs 28-30 oz. Mountain rifle barrel inlet. $215 in black, $245 in color with webbing.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-190/700-alaskan-ti-wildermess/Detail

Granted, half a pound heavier than a McMillan Edge.

Sorry, never used one!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
And the black with red web looks pretty good!

kallen Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Good to know. I just wonder if Bell and Carlson stopped making it that way because it wasn't strong enough in the channel without the additional ADL stock meat in there.
Its not a huge big deal to alter the 2950/2951 to BDL.Haul out the Dremel or if you are unsure get your smith to do it. Monashee

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by kallen
Good to know. I just wonder if Bell and Carlson stopped making it that way because it wasn't strong enough in the channel without the additional ADL stock meat in there.
Not a problem.I have a .280 Remington mountain rifle in a ADL to BDL Ti stock,its plenty sturdy,and I've done others with no worries.AS you mentioned the 2950/51 are the origonal TI stocks and are the ONLY B&C stocks with the mountain rifle barrel channels.They are made only in ADL .I know that you know that Kallen,others don't seem to! Cheers, Monashee

Last edited by Monashee; 10/08/12.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kallen
Not a problem.I have a .280 Remington mountain rifle in a ADL to BDL Ti stock,its plenty sturdy,and I've done others with no worries.AS you mentioned the 2950/51 are the origonal TI stocks and are the ONLY B&C stocks with the mountain rifle barrel channels.They are made only in ADL .I know that you know that Kallen,others don't seem to! Cheers, Monashee

I don't think this is correct. The rifle stock pictured above has the mountain rifle barrel contour and is in a BDL configuration. Other than the BDL the stock it is identical to the original Ti stock.

[Linked Image]

Terry

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just went and looked it up. It's a #5221. It's exactly the same stock as the Ti but has the the BDL cutout. The only rub is it only comes in a long action which my Ti was.

[Linked Image]

Terry

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Yep, they are pretty much the same.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These stocks also come with aluminum bedding pillars pre-installed.

Terry

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TC1
I just went and looked it up. It's a #5221. It's exactly the same stock as the Ti but has the the BDL cutout. The only rub is it only comes in a long action which my Ti was.

[Linked Image]

Terry

=========================================================

Will this stock [#5221] accept a #2 factory barrel -25-06 =I don't know how small in diameter the mountain barrels are never had one.

Last edited by ol_mike; 10/12/12.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1234, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,845 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.