Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I would like to jump in on this topic as I own a husky . I understand that they have only been around a few years but they do as they advertise . They track flawlessly from zero to 1000 yds as I have tested several times while shooting . Yes, leupold has been around forever and I own a couple of them so I'm not being prejudice to them , but where did they start from "scratch" . And if a scope is "clunky" it might be the guy that mounted it !
What do you guys do with a side turret with changing variable wind conditions , you keep clicking until you shoot . I simply range the yardage , hold on the hash mark and dead , that simple . I hunt real world animals and alot of the time time is very limited and I feel very confident that if in a crunch moment I will get the shot off much faster than some dialing 2 turrets .
If your doing a head count on how many guys chime in on this topic that own huskys they sure it's going to be low when your comparing it to companies that have been around for a long time . I am working on another long ranger set up and you can bet your bottom dollar that it will have a husky blue diamond on top of it .

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I own Huskemaw - Pre-Blue Diamond.
I did a review on LRH on it several years ago.
I wrote what I experienced.
It has stood up to a number of guns including a center-grip 338 Lapua Improved on a XP-100 specialty handgun.
I have not run it on a Chey-Tac yet though.
Typically shot .4" groups off of a bi-pod with it (338AX).
Turrets have remained accurate.
It is another way of "skinning the cat" to shoot distance.
Am I concerned about it breaking on me or letting me down when hunting or shooting? No, not any more than any other scope I typically use: NF, Leupold Mark 4's & VX-3's LRT, Sightron S-III's.
Been using the Burris Elim 3 as much as I can recently, but it is a different cat.
When it comes to what you are going to buy, do your homework then buy what you want, within your budget.
What one person likes or uses may or may not be what you like.
And remember, this is the internet smile

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'd take a new Husky. The Blue Diamond looks like a nice scope for those that like to dial for distance. I am not sure if you can get an MOA turret for the Blue Diamond or not though. I am sure they have a warranty and they do cost less than Nightforce.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,936
Posts18,498,755
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.