-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's incorrect. Tests for alcohol and drugs are only conducted for drivng offenses.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
if only conducted for driving offenses, then its pretty hard to prove, other than officers word which is sometimes unfortunately, weighted.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think there may be a page missing somewhere in this report. Not sayin the soldier is wrong,but somethings not right...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Witnesses are usually pretty easy to find, epecially in hospitals.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He drove there didn't he. Seems to me if the officer smelled alcohol at the time and the soldier had just driven to the hospital he would have tested.

To come up with the drunk charge weeks later makes me question the validity.

Last edited by Scott F; 10/18/12.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rifle
I think there may be a page missing somewhere in this report. Not sayin the soldier is wrong,but somethings not right...

If we knew why the cops had to respond to his house prior to her overdosing, it would be a little easier to comment.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
He drove there didn't he.

I didn't witness it. Did the police there?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by elkmtb
reminds me of a fletch movie..

Officer: You're under arrest

Fletch: What's the charge?

Officer: Pissing me off

And the cop knows the only way he's going to win this one is by claiming alcohol is involved.

Any independent witnesses?

That's why they added that charge this week it seems.
No legal sign at all doors, proper size, and the mandated language on the sign makes it legal to carry into a building. If the hospital asked him to leave, he must leave.

I'm thinking the cop came to his house when the call went out for an ambulance, saw a weapon and told the guy not to bring it to the hospital. Guy brings it anyway.
Cop makes the arrest on a weapon charge, DA went ahead with charges. DA knew he wouldn't win the case, so they added the drinking charge to help get a win in court.

What did we learn, stay away from all hospitals. Hurting a little, tough it out.
If your dead or in a coma, sure go to the hospital. Not before cool

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I know of cases where someone was successfully charged with a DUI when no one actually saw them drive. He was home, he then was at the hospital. If his car was in the lot and he could not provide another driver then in my state he could have gotten a DWI.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Article states ambulance ride. I'm not LEO, but if an ambulance is called I'll bet Leo will be on site also in certain areas of this great State.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe so, but like it or not, it's not unusual to file a lessor (or greater) charge when circumstances warrant. Don't let the "halo effect" get in the way of good judgement. We like our military, and we like our guns, but that doesn't this guys is innocent.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Texas PC 46.035 section (b)(4) does state that it is against the law for a CHL holder to carry a gun:
"on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or on the premises of a nursing home licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, unless the license holder has written authorization of the hospital or nursing home administration, as appropriate;"

However, subsection (i) states that:

(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

So, if he was correct and the entrance to the hospital wasn't posted, then he was fully within his rights to to be carrying his handgun.

As to the alcohol, you cannot carry while legally intoxicated, period. But, you cannot determine that someone is legally intoxicated simply by smelling their breath. No breathalyzer, no blood test, no way for them to tell now if he was indeed legally intoxicated at the time.

I know there's two sides to every story/situation, but if all of the above are correct, then they have no case against him.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True Pat, but I had to severely step on guys that worked for me because they had shaky charges to begin with and wanted to embellish the plate by filing additional charges. The SMARM of an ADA who supported their crap said that he could offer the plea bargain in court. The ADA is NOT in the chain of command,I was so I stomped the additional. If ya have a case, ya have a case. If ya have supporting evidence add it in immediately and have doc proof. I would never have let the additional charges fly if I was that idiots' Sergeant. NEVER listen to an ADA as they are NOT subject to lawsuits. Held harmless dontcha know.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RyanTX
As to the alcohol, you cannot carry while legally intoxicated, period. But, you cannot determine that someone is legally intoxicated simply by smelling their breath. No breathalyzer, no blood test, no way for them to tell now if he was indeed legally intoxicated at the time.

I know there's two sides to every story/situation, but if all of the above are correct, then they have no case against him.

Intoxication is determined by an individuals actions. Blood tests are not given to determine intoxication except in driving offenses.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
They just wanted his TRP. I have one. Nice gun. Can't blame them for wanting it, but they should have just bought one of their own.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Maybe so, but like it or not, it's not unusual to file a lessor (or greater) charge when circumstances warrant. Don't let the "halo effect" get in the way of good judgement. We like our military, and we like our guns, but that doesn't this guys is innocent.

Hey Captain Pat (I think that's correct now)your correct. I'll bet many things have happened over the years in that area with all the returning soldiers. I'm sure it's hard to get back behind the civilized wall and act that way after a tour.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
If ya have supporting evidence add it in immediately and have doc proof. I would never have let the additional charges fly if I was that idiots' Sergeant.

I couldn't agree more, but haven't reviewed the reports, witness statements etc.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They can request the ER resident to draw a BAC. Not a legal ETOH, it would still be evidence... wink

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
Back at you my friend.

What do you hear about our governors race? Are we going to win that one?

I Sure hope so and I have a good feeling about it. Of course I also wouldn't be a bit surprised if they kept recounting until the Republican lost....flashbacks.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't have a TV and seldom listen to the radio but I did have it on yesterday. I was surprised how dirty the D'd have made this race.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,907
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.