-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
pointer - Like the looks of that insole system. What are your thoughts on it?

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have the uninsulated version and I love them. They are light and the best boot I have ever had. How they stay light yet give you all the support you need is one of life's great mysteries I guess.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
hmm, pretty cool.

http://www.lathropandsons.com/synergy-footbeds/synergy-footbeds-custom-insoles.html

so this would do exactly what i wanted, for ANY pair of boots. except that it would not affect fit problems arising from parts of the boot other than the footbed/last?

ie, if the toebox is not wide enough, this won't help.

sjb, I have two sets of the Lathrop's footbeds. One set in a pair of Danner 400gr Prong horns. One set in a pair of Asolo Sassalongs. Just finished CO 2nd rifle. 7 days of 3 to 5 miles and 500 to 1500 ft of vertical per day. No blisters, no complaints on the footbeds. Can not speak to their "fitting" service. But the footbeds have been GTG for me. YMMV.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Very good. I think I will order a set. Sounds like a pretty nice value to me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ranger1
pointer - Like the looks of that insole system. What are your thoughts on it?
I was completely happy with the set I did have and my next ones (insoles and boots) will be from them. I'm currently using SOLE's heat modables, and while they are loads better than the junk that came in my K-treks, they aren't as comfy as the Lathrops. The Lathrops are softer, for lack of a better word, and that works better for my big fatness. I get some discomfort/numbness around the ball of my foot and big toe with harder insoles that I didn't get with the Lathrops. That's my take, FWIW...

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by PeaEye
I have a pair of the uninsulated ones and with about 30 miles on them I'm pretty happy. Get a slight pinch at the base of the big toe from the way the leather folds but it isn't painful. I did find they needed some breaking in to settle the heel. For those with wide, blunt feet like me, they are built on a straight last and the toe box is roomy. They are built for high volume feet, so there can be a little too much material for a low volume foot, which is why I think I have the fold that I do. Well made, and just the right combination of support and flex. They are heavier than the Schnee's website says, mine are about 4.5 lbs for the pair. Reasonable for the support they provide.

Thought I should update: just back from 5 days stumping through snow in Unit 76 CO, powder on the north slopes, breakable crust everywhere else, soft and wet in the afternoons. High mileage every day, with two hour sits in the evenings. Feet never got wet AT ALL, and my feet stayed warm except when wind came up and I was cold all over. All the break-in issues are over, no pressure points, no blisters, no hot spots, no urgency to take them off at the end of the day. Just perfect. These are very well designed and clearly built to last. I would definitely buy again, but it may be awhile as well made as these things are.

setch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Glad you could 'second' my experience.

...maybe you should get the insulated set for those windy days. It's too bad they never go on sale (to my knowledge!)

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Growing up in Bozeman I've lived in Schnee's boots every winter for decades, they're good but recent price increases made Kenetrek boots an option. The Kenetreks are lightyears better for the same price or slightly more. PS, the new owners of Schnee's are more interested in margins (lots of Chinese made parts etc.) than quality, don't expect the same boots if you haven't bought a pair in a few years.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

428 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 38 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,704
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.