Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by TWR
I have owned 2 of them. The first one I used as trade material thinking I could always pick up another. I wanted a MOE version and finally gave up and bought a regular version.

Being able to use a SOPMOD stock and everything else I use on my other guns to keep muscle memory fresh while easy on my wallet makes it the funnest trainer I could ask for.

Being as trouble free as a 22 can be is another plus. The only malfunction drills I've been able to practice on this one have been due to shells that wouldn't fire.

As accurate as any 10-22 I've ever owned doesn't hurt either.

Remington ammo?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by TWR
I have owned 2 of them. The first one I used as trade material thinking I could always pick up another. I wanted a MOE version and finally gave up and bought a regular version.

Being able to use a SOPMOD stock and everything else I use on my other guns to keep muscle memory fresh while easy on my wallet makes it the funnest trainer I could ask for.

Being as trouble free as a 22 can be is another plus. The only malfunction drills I've been able to practice on this one have been due to shells that wouldn't fire.

Remington ammo?

Mine does not function hardly at all with Remington subsonic ammo, nor do any of my other semi autos. Even my bolts have a prolem with them not firing all the time.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yep Remington "target" ammo. It flat out sucks but I gotta burn it up somehow so I tell myself Im working on malfunction drills. It does the same thing out of my Kimber Hunter and my Buckmark pistol, just bad ammo and only 2 bricks left...

Why pay more for the MOE version? My dealer was gonna order me one for nearly the same price. It would've saved me from buying a stock but I went with a B5 SOPMOD anyway, I prefer a MOE grip and their folding sights. Worth the extra money to keep it like my others. It also has a qd swivel socket in the receiver tube if that interests anyone.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reelman
Originally Posted by TWR

Remington ammo?

Mine does not function hardly at all with Remington subsonic ammo, nor do any of my other semi autos. Even my bolts have a prolem with them not firing all the time.

Interesting, my 10/22 with a can loves Remington subsonic. It's both accurate and functional. I wonder if it's the can that helps

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This is Rem target something or other, nothing I have likes it. I've even stuck them back in and tried em again. Oddly enough, S&W says not to use the Rem bulk golden bullets in their guns. My old one ran them fine though but I did have some misfires, just nowhere near as many as these target bullets have given me.

And for those wondering, Wolf match, Eley tenex, cci mini mags, Winchester power points and hollow points function fine.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

In my experience none miss-fire as often as Rem 22 LR

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
CCI Mini Mag is the best 22 ammo to run in your AR or 1911 conversion units

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'll take the Federal HP bulk ammo over the new CCI mini mags nowadays. I was very disappointed in the last mini mags I bought.

Winchester Power Points are even better but Wolf Match Target is still King.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
As far as ammo, Wally World has some CCI bulk packaged ammo that says specially designed for this gun. Even has a picture of this gun on the box. I bought a couple of bulk boxes of it.

Also bought the gun today.

[Linked Image]

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Excellent!

Now www.44mag.com for more mags cause loading sucks when you should be shooting.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TWR
Excellent!

Now www.44mag.com for more mags cause loading sucks when you should be shooting.
Thanks. I want at least two more mags.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think I have 12 or 13 and could stand a few more, just saying...

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TWR
I think I have 12 or 13 and could stand a few more, just saying...
You might be right. Do you have one of those 50 round drum mags for it?

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
No I've thought about them but prefer the standard mags.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Shot it today. Sighted in a C-More red dot sight. Excellent accuracy. Without even trying hard, and no proper bench set up, I was making some very tiny groups. Very adequate trigger. Complete reliability. I like it ... a lot. smile

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It just brings a smile to your face every time you shoot it doesn't it. I can't stop till I run out of ammo so I only take 1, 550 pack with me usually. Just pure fun to shoot.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by reelman
Originally Posted by TWR

Remington ammo?

Interesting, my 10/22 with a can loves Remington subsonic. It's both accurate and functional. I wonder if it's the can that helps

My 15/22 has a can on it as well as does my S&W M41 and neither of them function it very good and they, and my other 22s, have a lot of misfires with it. Maybe I got a bad batch but I've neve had good luck with any Remington 22 ammo. I remember about 15 years ago I bought A LOT of Remington Viper 22 ammo and the misfire were so common in all my 2s that I finally through away about 5 bricks of it because I was so sick of it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I don't have any experience, and I don't know if Colt has a 22 lr version out or not, but it seems that a S & W 22 and a S & W 223 would make a pretty nice set, one for cheap practice, and one for more serious purposes.

It looks like you chose...wisely!

Last edited by DELGUE; 10/26/12.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
[Linked Image]

My S&W has been a blast and is extremely reliable with Federal bulk pack from Wally World. That and standard velocity Armscor Precision that I run when I screw the suppressor on the end.

It is a very handy little rifle really.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Photogenic, too. smile

PS The store owner/manager who sold me the rifle wanted to sell me a sound suppressor for it, too. She said they would take care of all the paperwork, and they had a regular law enforcement contact for authorizing the sale and the ATF stamp acquisition. I decided against it. Don't see the value equaling the total cost associated with it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (257_X_50, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 25classic, 1beaver_shooter, 270cowboy, 73 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,408
Posts18,506,990
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.