-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate replacing boots, i've got one on my Foreman that keeps coming off, i've replaced the band like 4-5 times now and am beginning to think I may just replace the whole damn axle as a unit with boot attached.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have ricochet skid plates and boot guards. I've never replaced a boot on my grizzly (yet) I think it was a good investment to keep the branches sticks and woody stiff plant stems from poking them and or ripping at them. They are clearly in a very vulnerable location on ATV's

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a 08 Cam-Am and put Ricochets on it from the get go,the sofe underbelly complaint. But here is the last post on a crack frame issue,I think it may address the question

"Imo, I have been reading about this issue on several forums, and most People have blown this thing up to be such a big deal, when really it's not a stress point of the main frame, it's a bracket attaching to the frame. The frames thus far are bullet proof according to the guys that push the limits of the machines.

BRP corrected the issue, with a solution and a 7 year warranty which says we stand behind out customers concerns.

Cudos to BRP and the dealers for stepping up and working with their loyal customers!"

BTW,The bracket is for the power steering.I'm thinking it might not be the only bike with this problem,I've pulled muscles in my arm as in "Where the h*** did that log come from?!"

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 10/15/12.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BRP corrected the issue, with a solution and a 7 year warranty which says we stand behind out customers concerns.

shocked
If they had stood behind their products when the Spars started breaking instead of leaving us customers with a $2,000.00 Bomb repair, I may have even considered another one wink

Upside down pic but typical Spar break for the period Outlanders.

[Linked Image]

NO wait...no I wouldn't, still can't forget the three voltage regualtors, one battery, two front strutts, grooved primary clutch, secondary that wouldn't downshift properly, air filter for the throttle slides they neglected to put on then made us pay for, fuel lines rotting off, CVT cover rubber boots sleeves rotting...I'm sure I missed something wink

Last edited by senior; 10/16/12.
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
"Imo, I have been reading about this issue on several forums, and most People have blown this thing up to be such a big deal, when really it's not a stress point of the main frame, it's a bracket attaching to the frame. The frames thus far are bullet proof according to the guys that push the limits of the machines.

Cudos to BRP and the dealers for stepping up and working with their loyal customers!"

Check out the ATV forums on the new 2013 Can-Am's. Still an issue...

A fix would be a frame redesign. Not a band-aid on a wound. Sometimes "different" isn't always better. There is probably a reason nobody else is using that design.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I've had two Outlander 800s now. I had a water pump gear fail on one, that's about it. They're hard working animals. Fast, dependable, comfortable. I'll be getting a 1000 XMR in a few years just to upgrade to keep my radiator out of the mud.

And if that's a picture of a $1000 dollar repair, that's insane. Most of the broken machines I've seen have been abused pretty badly. Anything can be broken at it's weakest point. I put skids on both of mine, have no problems. I've said over and over again that for the money, it's a shame that they don't come with skid protection. But, nothing's as fast, powerful, and handles as well so the money's worth it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by AKHuck
I've had two Outlander 800s now. I had a water pump gear fail on one, that's about it. They're hard working animals. Fast, dependable, comfortable. I'll be getting a 1000 XMR in a few years just to upgrade to keep my radiator out of the mud.

And if that's a picture of a $1000 dollar repair, that's insane. Most of the broken machines I've seen have been abused pretty badly. Anything can be broken at it's weakest point. I put skids on both of mine, have no problems. I've said over and over again that for the money, it's a shame that they don't come with skid protection. But, nothing's as fast, powerful, and handles as well so the money's worth it.

That machine had a skid plate installed at month number 2 of it's life, didn't help it. What Bomb finally proposed after a huge number of failures was that they would provide a new Spar free of charge but it had to be installed at a Bomb dealership, labour at our cost. Average quoted price for labour ran about $2,200.00!

I ended up repairing it myself.

[Linked Image]

That machine never got abused anymore than any other machine I have purchased before or after!

Last edited by senior; 10/23/12.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 63 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.