-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Police aren't for stopping crimes ? Really ? That's pretty funny stuff.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The hypocricy about marijuana is always good for a laugh..

marijuana is a huge benefit to patients with certain ailments, if you dont believe me, ask them.

My aunt just had a tumor removed from her brain, and is undergoing chemo. She just treid mj for the first time in her life. She says it works, who the hell is gonna tell her not to use it!?

As for recreationl use..why is it a gentleman has some nice 12 year old scotch and a good cigar, but if a man relaxes with a bit of weed, he's a lazy welfare collecting doper whose taking advantage of the sytem??

People get weed anyway...maybe 20 more years and another 100 billion or so for the war on drugs would help?

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Raeford
Time to quit THROWING $$'s away trying to stop pot use.It's not working. Add to that-it is illegal to grow hemp here for string/rope manufacture.

Great idea. We are wasting our time and money having police officers around town too, crime hasn't stopped due to a police force either...

The purpose of the police is to protect the city/state and raise revenue for the city/state. Crime is just the red herring to justify the city/state retainers.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the drug companies didn't stand to loose money it would still be legal. Not to mention law enforcment. Overtime pay for raiding parties, extra ammo and pay for training and exercise. What about our borders? Close them down, legalize, and what will the value of the crap that comes across our border be? How much power will those cartels have? You can't tax it though, anybody that can grow tomatoes and corn can grow it. Medicinal purposes my a$$ in Cali. Do you realize how many new Dr.s opened "clinics" just to write prescriptions? Alcohol is far worse. Prohabition worked great didn't it. Quit waisting our money, and giving Mexico the power.

Sean
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RDFinn

Why is there crime? Because of government and the laws they pass. Take away government and there is no crime. You can't have government without having crime. Crime and government go hand in hand.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like you took that line right out of the High Times Magazine playbook DD.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Funny, I always see them show up after a crime has been committed. How many crimes have you witnessed a police officer stop lately?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by calikooknic
If the drug companies didn't stand to loose money it would still be legal. Not to mention law enforcment. Overtime pay for raiding parties, extra ammo and pay for training and exercise. What about our borders? Close them down, legalize, and what will the value of the crap that comes across our border be? How much power will those cartels have? You can't tax it though, anybody that can grow tomatoes and corn can grow it. Medicinal purposes my a$$ in Cali. Do you realize how many new Dr.s opened "clinics" just to write prescriptions? Alcohol is far worse. Prohabition worked great didn't it. Quit waisting our money, and giving Mexico the power.

legalizing pot wont change the border issue one bit.....far more cocaine and other things come over the border than pot.....when i was using it recreationally and self medicating 10 years ago i never encountered Mexican weed, everything i got my hands on was "locally" grown or out of Canada.....vast majority of it had spent its whole "life" within the state of Montana....

while im for legalizing pot it wont change a single thing with the border....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like you took that line right out of the High Times Magazine playbook DD.

I have no idea of who they are or what they are. Nope, I'm anarchist due to serious study and wondering why nothing seems to be working. That lead me to the conclusion that governments can only create problems but cannot create solutions to anything.

BTW: Full discloser, while I do drink from time to time I've never smoked anything, not even the weed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Why is there crime? Because of government and the laws they pass. Take away government and there is no crime. You can't have government without having crime. Crime and government go hand in hand.

So the reason we have "crime" is because we classify unruly behavior as such right ? That's your story and you're sticking to it ? Robbery ? Theft ? Beating your wife ? Child abuse ? Should I continue ? You really need to spend some time in an urban area.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude

So the reason we have "crime" is because we classify unruly behavior as such right ? That's your story and you're sticking to it ? Robbery ? Theft ? Beating your wife ? Child abuse ? Should I continue ? You really need to spend some time in an urban area.

Been there done that. Why the hell do you think I've lived in Montana for thirty plus years.

Wife beating and child abuse could be handled by an extended family far easier and cheaper than having a government. As to robbery, theft, murder etc. there's the hanging tree. We the People can do a far better job at justice than any government can especially as the government is a criminal enterprise to begin with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We (civilized) people don't want to interact with robbers, muggers, thieves etc' so a civilized society has law enforcement types deal with that "element". I don't see alot a Wall Streeter's banning together to form a posse to stamp out crime. Do you ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is why it should be legalized and taxed.......Maine also has MM............... Wake up people, it is far less destructive than alcohol!!

Last edited by Hindsite; 10/29/12.

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wonder- is Congress required to pee in a cup?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
I wonder- is Congress required to pee in a cup?

Should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they were stoned, they'd probably get something done.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
No, like the pot heads getting it who don't need it, they should be prosecuted. I have absolutely no issue at all, with folks who need whatever it is to improve their quality of life.

For argument's sake - why?

EVEN IF - a person was smoking weed - for the simple reason that they liked the way it made them feel - why should they be persecuted or prosecuted for using such a drug?

Think about how many people you know who have used it - now think of what percentage of those people ended up being harmed by it.

By almost all accounts, cannabis is WAY less harmful than tobacco - AND also far less harmful than alcohol. If the act of being arrested is more likely to harm a person compared to doing the drug - something has gone seriously wrong with society.

Talk to a cop. Up here, police dread two days a month. "Welfare Wednesdays" and "Pay-day Fridays." Those are the days people cash their cheques. Those are the days cops work their asses off trying to combat one of the toughest things they regularly have to deal with - domestic violence. MANY drinkers abuse alcohol - and many beat their wives or children when they get drunk. Girls who pass out - are often sexually abused. Alcohol and tobacco kills so many people in our society.

Then there are the dopers. Ask a cop how often they get called to protect a woman or children because the man in the home has smoked some weed. Usually the complaint they face is that the individual becomes couch-locked,listens to music or watches TV and then eats too many Doritos.

I'd rather my own three teen-aged girls not find out about my own need to medicate. But - I'm prepared for the conversation should they eventually find out about my own use.

I do believe it best that they use no recreational drugs - at least until their brains and their bodies mature. Drug free is the best way to be.

BUT - knowing what I know now - I have to admit that I'd rather they used marijuana rather than tobacco - or alcohol. I've known too many people who died from complications directly related to both of those two drugs.

Regulate it - tax the hell out of it it (if you want to) - but end the hypocrisy of criminalizing a drug that has so many medical applications and - when compared to so many other drugs - and has so few downsides - at least in comparison to what is already legal - and to what the pharmaceutical companies are presently pushing for our ailments.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
RD,

You should talk to a cop.

Laughin' my ass off...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I thought that was especially funny myself.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Marijuana is not the drug problem of America. Cocaine & Prescription pills(pain-killers)are. How many Doctor prescribe pain killers knowing the patient don't need them?

Alcohol is much more harmful than Marijuana. Haven't smoked in yrs, but remember the effects. 2 beers will get your more buzzed than 2 joints.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (300_savage, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 260Remguy, 23 invisible), 1,049 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,243
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.