-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
OP Offline
T
I am planning to get another AR. Just got rid of my dpms sass. I have been looking larue or lwrc. CANT decide which to choose. Looking to get it in a 18". What are your guys pros and cons. What would you choose and why.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Tracker_Outdoors; 11/04/12.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Dang, my friend, both are high-quality rifles. I've handled and shot the LaRue OBR and it is simply superb. The LWRC, I know only from reputation, but several gun writer friends of mine (I was in the writing trade for over 25 years) think highly of them ... they were at the SHOT Show last year and the guys really loved them. And, of course, I guess it's no secret that I REALLY love our own Oregon home-grown Noveske ARs.

Hey, for that kind of money, you are dealing with the top-of-the-line products and you WILL end up with a fantastic rifle ... absolutely count on it!!!!!

Perhaps our more knowledgable folks will have some insight and opinions for you. As for me, I think that you'd be delighted with any of the above.

Good luck and please keep us informed on which one you decide upon and how it performs.

God Bless,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The LWRC is piston driven and has a left side charging upper.
The OBR is DI gas driven and uses a standard charging handle.
Both are high quality and accurate.

The LWRC has some neat features but the OBR will probably weigh less.

Ill throw the GA Precision GAP-10 in for consideration just to make things more difficult. It would be my pick if I didn't build one myself.

Last edited by CBMJR; 11/05/12.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
what is the intended purpose of the rifle? I wonder if the piston rifles are quite as accurate as the DI rifles? I don't have an answer, I would go DI myself just because...

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by CBMJR
The LWRC is piston driven and has a left side charging upper.
The OBR is DI gas driven and uses a standard charging handle.
Both are high quality and accurate.

The LWRC has some neat features but the OBR will probably weigh less.

Ill throw the GA Precision GAP-10 in for consideration just to make things more difficult. It would be my pick if I didn't build one myself.

Just have to throw in another great rifle. Haha. I haven't look at ga precision all that much but I know they are pretty sweet rifles. I'm hoping to be able to make up my mind by Wednesday.
I will use it for sort of long range shooting, self defense, coyote hunting, and dinkin off at the range. Also to show off. Both rifles are capable of under 1 MOA. Lots of accessories. Would like to get the barrel fluted later on.

Anyone else have some opinions. Trolls and haters welcome would like to know their thoughts too.

IC B2

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I guess you could count me as a hater. I still remember when lwrc had "hip fired gun" posting on arfcom as a SF type tester over in Iraq singing the praises of their piston system. As it turned out he was just an employee.

I don't trust em.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Not to mention that they've changed their gas piston sytem, thereby leaving the earlier guns as potential orphans.

T
OP Offline
T
What's the difference between their new and old gas systems.

T
OP Offline
T
OK!! Important question. would a Larue lower fit a lwrc repr upper???

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (222ND, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 25 invisible), 1,813 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,828
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.