Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
We have lived in Anchorage since 1980. The change in our population over the past thirty years has been astonishing. I guess if we lived in the lower 48, we would have experienced a similar evolution.

Looks like Romney was wrong......there are WAY more than 47 percent "takers" in the U.S. (Alaska included)

President Reagan seems to have had a crystal ball 30 odd years ago when he described what an out of control government would do to US!

May God have mercy on our souls......

http://youtu.be/jHsb17MRAj8

GB1

Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Scorpion8
Originally Posted by Ray
Maybe I am wrong, but Romney did not come across from the beginning as being conservative enough.

I'm not sure we need a devisive "true conservative". In fiscal terms, yes, but that won't come as long as the majority depends on handouts (and you and I have money left to be taxed to give to them). The best moderates who can bring others off their sides of the fences will be the best choice.

Perhaps you are right, but it took forever for Romney to move conservatives to his side. I voted for him because I could not vote for Obama, and also because Ryan is a lot more conservative than he is.

By the way, this article about Ron Paul talking of one of the reasons Romney lost is very interesting:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/nov/8/ron-paul-election-shows-us-far-gone/

Last edited by Ray; 11/08/12.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
What concerns me more is that Anchorage seems to be turning into a refugee camp for those from the 3rd world. I wouldn't be the least bit suprsised in the next 10-12 years to see a shift in how the state votes.

If Anchorage was really Alaska I'd not be the least concerned with it f.ucking itself. I've seen ghettos and sh.it stained holes in the earth but my last trip up there (2 months ago) made me happy that we still ain't that bad down here.

As much as my heart is in Alaska, I'd sooner live in Texas than Anchorage.....just kidding....[bleep] texas. But Anchorage has become a hemorhage out of the [bleep] of a great state.

Your welcome to not return.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ptarmigan
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
What concerns me more is that Anchorage seems to be turning into a refugee camp for those from the 3rd world. I wouldn't be the least bit suprsised in the next 10-12 years to see a shift in how the state votes.

If Anchorage was really Alaska I'd not be the least concerned with it f.ucking itself. I've seen ghettos and sh.it stained holes in the earth but my last trip up there (2 months ago) made me happy that we still ain't that bad down here.

As much as my heart is in Alaska, I'd sooner live in Texas than Anchorage.....just kidding....[bleep] texas. But Anchorage has become a hemorhage out of the [bleep] of a great state.

Your welcome to not return.

I'll second that ptarmigan.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Can I make it unanimous then?

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Can I make it unanimous then?

[Linked Image]

Done!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anchorage is a vast diverse population due to immigrants (of course). Anchorage is one of a few places in the states, that take refugees and evidently from the wife's information Anchorage takes more than anywhere else in the US. I have only lived here a year, but I was take back by all the Muslims, Hmong, and other ethnic groups that are here. Also, just go the UAA campus and you can see many O lovers. The wife is probably one of the few non-Obama fans on that campus.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With the EPA getting ready to ban 100 LL Av Gas and there is no suitable replacement for it, you can expect transport around Road Less Alaska to become even more expensive. A whole lot of Airplanes are going to get grounded or the ones that can afford it STC installations of Diesel Engines, Cessna Got a 182 that is going to burn Jet-A but its going to cost close to 600K by the time they make them Then Rolls Royce has an engine that will replace IO-540's its a turbine RR-300 and you can expect it will cost around 500K to retro fit your airplane. We are in for some really tough times.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Don't forget the trade Unions, they are brainwashing their members to worship obuma, the 1281 Carpenters Hall in Anchorage is especially rabid with lust for obuma and lash out with pure evil hatred for anyone who speaks out against the turd

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hudge
Anchorage is a vast diverse population due to immigrants (of course). Anchorage is one of a few places in the states, that take refugees and evidently from the wife's information Anchorage takes more than anywhere else in the US. I have only lived here a year, but I was take back by all the Muslims, Hmong, and other ethnic groups that are here. Also, just go the UAA campus and you can see many O lovers. The wife is probably one of the few non-Obama fans on that campus.

You can thank Wonder Boy Begich for that. Nothing like recruiting third-worlders to the democrap voting rolls just like the Soviets did.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Obama & Feinstein are about to go on a gun grabbing rampage scapegoating law abiding gun owners for the actions of a nut job in Newtown, Connecticut.
I can't see that raising favor with many Alaskans.
The mother of all ban bills will be before Congress soon.

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1234, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,086
Posts18,482,842
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.