Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrentD
Moving to SD would just make a red state redder, and a purple-blue state bluer. You should try to recruit SD residents to Minnesota if you want to swing that way.

The blue states will continue to get bluer anyway. It's time for the conservatives to unite in the red states I think.

Last edited by moosemike; 11/08/12.
GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Seafire
Reading the back and forth from you MN residents.. I sure am glad I decided to leave that state back in 1995... I admit, back then I had had enough with St Paul, and especially dealing with friggin Hennepin County....

17 years later, I see that was still a wise choice on my part...

it certainly hasn't gotten better...

St. Paul isn't in Hennepin Co. You moved from a liberal state to an even more liberal state and you're glad to do it. That, I'll never understand your logic on.

Gallup rated Oregon the second most liberal state in the nation (behind Massachusetts), Minnesota didn't make the top 10. A higher percentage of Oregon voters went for Obama.

I think a Minnesotan once took Seafire's lunch money and he never got over it. wink

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yeah and it was atate-funded lunch token too...

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Seafire
Reading the back and forth from you MN residents.. I sure am glad I decided to leave that state back in 1995... I admit, back then I had had enough with St Paul, and especially dealing with friggin Hennepin County....

17 years later, I see that was still a wise choice on my part...

it certainly hasn't gotten better...

St. Paul isn't in Hennepin Co. You moved from a liberal state to an even more liberal state and you're glad to do it. That, I'll never understand your logic on.

Gallup rated Oregon the second most liberal state in the nation (behind Massachusetts), Minnesota didn't make the top 10. A higher percentage of Oregon voters went for Obama.

I think a Minnesotan once took Seafire's lunch money and he never got over it. wink

a big percentage didn't vote for SamboBama in Southern Oregon, I'll guarantee ya that...

you can point that out about all the friggin lefties up in Salem and Potland...

some of you Sven and Oles yoost gets all sappy ven sumbody sez sumptink abouts Minnesodas, yasure...

und my lunch's mooney vaz yoost fines... und it's vasn't no's lunch mooney gibben to me by das state eeder...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by northern_dave
When hennepin county with it's 650000 votes goes 2 to 1 democrat, the rest of the state can't overcome that. Counties like mine with our 60% red with a population of around 7500 total? Yeah you just can't overcome hennepin with over a half a million votes going 2 to 1 blue.

It pizzes me off that the beautiful landscape of the arrowhead is painted blue. But it's really only st louis county that has any measurable impact with around 115000-120000 votes going heavy blue (thank you gay pride duluth and labor unions)

All of us 5k-10k vote counties (rural) can help make up for counties like dakota and washington which have big populations but vote closer to 1:1, they are lighter blue and us dark red rural counties can help to overcome that light blue. But we can't overcome the 2:1 dark blue hennepin, ramsey and st louis counties.

As far as I'm concerned, hennepin and ramsey are toilet bowls. I despise those places.

St louis is a different story, I love st louis county for its landscape, for its hunting, fishing and recreation. But it has a poison, duluth and labor unions.

I feel your pain Dave.. I feel your pain...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by nsaqam
The Presidential contest was never in doubt in MN.

That's not what this is about.

I'm happy for MN and proud of her citizenry for defeating two unneeded and unwanted proposed Constitutional amendments.

Seems MN knows a Constitution is about codifying freedoms and not taking freedoms away.

One measure was a "solution" to a non-existent problem and the other was all about denying a lawful class of citizens the same body of rights enjoyed by most citizens of MN.

I just got home from a 20 hour shift as the Head Election Judge of a local precinct. I loved every minute of it.

I checked the results of voting on these amendments and I was bursting with pride for my great State and her wonderful people.

Way to go MN!!!!

You make me [bleep] sick.

Liberal [bleep] union worker also in support of gay marriage and voter fraud.

And you worked as an election judge?

[bleep] wonderful.

So glad that you are proud of yourself.

congrats, you just made my ignore list right next to maser.

Northern Dave,

You are out of line.

A constitution is a contract between a nation or state forming a contract with it's people and guaranteeing them specific rights which shall not be abridged. Attempting to codify political/religious views into a consttution is flat wrong and I don't care if it's Sharia law, Jewish law or Christian.

What nsaqam had to say was about not corrupting our constitution and nothing else. Were I you, I'd sit me down and think about that and when you get it sorted I'd man up and apologize.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It had nothing to do with codifying religious law. It was an attempt to define the union of a man and a woman. Period.
I'm surprised the gays wanted to limit that definition. I thought they were so tolerant? I thought the gays would have liked to come up with their own word or phrase to signify their lifestyle? After all, they adapted the rainbow?

The reality is that the gays want to breakdown traditional family values inorder to elevate their own lifestyle.

The genesis of the amendment was a when a cross section of religious groups came together to see what could be done to preserve a definition. There was no attempt to limit gays freedom whatsoever! In fact today, the gays have the same safeguards in place as they would have if the amendment passed.

A lot of prevarication has gone on here.

I look for the Democrat lead Senate, House and Gov. Spooky to legalize gay marriage during the next two years that they control everything. Now there is the type of common ground the Democrats like!

Last edited by bigwhoop; 11/08/12.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MILES58
A constitution is a contract between a nation or state forming a contract with it's people and guaranteeing them specific rights which shall not be abridged.

You failed Constitution 101. Constitutions do no guarantee or provide rights - constitutions limit governments.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N

Originally Posted by MILES58

You are out of line.

A constitution is a contract between a nation or state forming a contract with it's people and guaranteeing them specific rights which shall not be abridged. Attempting to codify political/religious views into a consttution is flat wrong and I don't care if it's Sharia law, Jewish law or Christian.

What nsaqam had to say was about not corrupting our constitution and nothing else. Were I you, I'd sit me down and think about that and when you get it sorted I'd man up and apologize.

I'm sorry you feel that way Miles.

I feel that the defeat of these 2 amendments does 2 things.

1, It draws a line in the sand on voter ID efforts which I think is needed everywhere. The defeat makes a second run at that effort unlikely, which I feel is very unfortunate.

2, A national view on the gay marriage thing makes us look like we just opened the door for someone to push gay marriage into play.

The general celebratory tone and timing of this thread from a guy that baits the crowd with liberal tidbits...

This was a gloating troll effort, no attempt to appease the crushing depression most of us are swimming in.

That's how I see it, and I'm not sorry.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ND. Rational thinking like that will not get you anywhere with those who don't already agree with your thoughts/beliefs.

It is a lost cause but it's good to see people still fighting for what they believe is right.

It's just too bad that the people that are too lazy to make a better life for themselves can now just vote someone else's hard work and effort into their own pocket.

As far as the ones who are having a "bad run" or whatever in their lives, that's where the family values & social culture should lend a hand. Not the government.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Late to the party here, but I have something I want clarified.

Nsaqam stated that a utility or rent bill in one's name would suffice as proof of ID and allow voting. Is that because it is so hard to get a utility or rent bill if you are a felon, underage, or illegal? He goes on to state there is no voter fraud in his precinct. How are you gonna prove that? How many of those folks that voted were felons or illegals? Well, by golly, he has a water bill, he must not be a felon, eh?
Absuridity at its finest.

I love the state of Minnesota. The rural part of the state is ONE of the best areas of the country to raise a family (as are most of the western/mountain states). However, I am extremely embarrassed by our politics. By the way, my county was 56% for Romney and overwhelmingly supported both amendments.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
nsaqam Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wrong Beretta.

The bill just proves that the voter lives in the precinct

A State issued photo ID or a passport proves identity.

Would you risk a felony conviction to cast one ballot?

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well, the prisons are full of the 69,000 new yorkers that voted in Fl. in 2008 and the 200,000 illegal voters who voted in Va. in 08 aren't they?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
nsaqam Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Miles! You get it.

ND, damn right I was celebratory about the defeat of these two amendments. Unlike most of my critics here the vast majority of my posts actually pertain to shooting.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
so if I walk in with a rent bill, I can get registered to vote, right? Then, I do not need an ID to vote.

Might an illegal do the same? THey dont know the ramifications. How much voter fraud goes on? Nobody knows for sure, that is the whole point.

And as far as the marriage amendment, it is in other states' constitution is it not? It was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes it is in 30 other states. The 31st, MN rejected it even though it wasn't going to take away anything for the alternative lifestylers.

Look to the new state government make-up to attempt legalizing marriage between anything you want to pair up with.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So Brent, based on your last post on Chickenbuck (...because boys have dads...), it appears you would have voted for the marriage amendment up here, huh?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I do not know anything about our marriage amendment, so I have no comment. It is a Minnesota issue, not a national one, it should stay that way.

FWIW, Iowa as had a gay marriage law. It was tested before the Iowa State Supreme Court and found to be constitutional. It too should be a state issue but millions of outside Iowa dollars from Koch et al and the Republican party were sent into Iowa with non-Iowan celebrities (Santorum and others), dollars and people that have no business in Iowa, to unseat those Supreme Court Justices that affirmed the law's constitutionality. That's all they did.

Now, how does that jive with a Representative Republic with states' rights, a cornerstone of the GOP? Obviously, it doesn't. So the Republicans took a hit for that. I think the reaction to this intrusion could even have been enough to tip Iowa Blue in the presidential election. There is no trust here for republicans at that national level. At the local level, they are very red however and the state elections, by and large reflect this - WHEN LEFT TO STRICTLY IOWANS. We don't like folks from outside telling us what to do.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Thanks Miles! You get it.

ND, damn right I was celebratory about the defeat of these two amendments. Unlike most of my critics here the vast majority of my posts actually pertain to shooting.

nasqam, as many times as you may have had a can of whoop-ass unloaded on you on this forum, your over the top approach could hardly fail to elicit any other sort or response - which serves you no purpose at all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman
And as far as the marriage amendment, it is in other states' constitution is it not? It was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

Just to be sure- Your are talking about a different Steve other than myself smile just wanted to clarify!

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 1,794 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,102
Posts18,522,368
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.