Print Thread
Hop To
D
Dano81 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
My 760 has always had a rattle to it but it definitely has become more noticeable. I've read that there is a o- ring that wears out but I am not sure if my rifle even had one to begin with. The rattle seems to be from the forend tube ( not sure if that is the correct term) contacting the action tube. I was hoping someone who has experience working on these rifles could help me out. Is this is something I could fix at home? as gunsmiths around my neck of he woods are not great.

Any advice or help is very appreciated
Thanks
Dan

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
depending on when it was made there is an O ring to stop the rattle, i just don't know when remington incorperated that feature. i'm going to guess that if you have to ask if you can fix it at home you have neither the knowledge or the tool to do so.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Dano81
My 760 has always had a rattle to it but it definitely has become more noticeable. I've read that there is a o- ring that wears out but I am not sure if my rifle even had one to begin with. The rattle seems to be from the forend tube ( not sure if that is the correct term) contacting the action tube. I was hoping someone who has experience working on these rifles could help me out. Is this is something I could fix at home? as gunsmiths around my neck of he woods are not great.

Any advice or help is very appreciated
Thanks
Dan
Your rifle needs a new O-ring.. You can do it at home if you have the tools - thankfully, those aren't complicated..

But you ARE going to have to take it nearly fully apart to get at it. You'll need a propane torch, maybe a small pipe wrench, a padded vise, a (roughly) 6" rod of about .180 in diameter and some patience.. Oh, and you'll need a new O-ring.. smile

Seriously, I would suggest that you take it to a 'smith.. If you really don't trust one around you, send it here (stripped down to save weight/shipping costs) and I'll have it done and on the way back to you inside 24 hours..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Dano81 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by shooter42
depending on when it was made there is an O ring to stop the rattle, i just don't know when remington incorperated that feature. i'm going to guess that if you have to ask if you can fix it at home you have neither the knowledge or the tool to do so.

Thanks for the helpful advice, your right I have never worked on this rifle, never had to. But I like to be able to fix my own stuff, so that's why I asked. I live in northern Canada so I'm not sure about the logistics in sending firearms stateside.

Thanks
Dan

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Redneck

If you really don't trust one around you, send it here (stripped down to save weight/shipping costs) and I'll have it done and on the way back to you inside 24 hours..

...you da man. Nice. wink

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Try some rubber bands around the barrel and forend,It works.

Lakeland,Fl.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Try some rubber bands around the barrel and forend,It works.

Lakeland,Fl.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Dano81
I live in northern Canada so I'm not sure about the logistics in sending firearms stateside.
Yeah, that can be a problem.. I'm not sure of the laws on that either.. but I'm betting it would make it quite expensive..

Bummer..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

361 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.