Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Has anyone ever had a Sako (or any other rifle) rebarreled by Accuflite Arms? Quality of work? Would you have them do another one? How did it shoot?

Thanks for any information.

Dink

HR IC

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
No one?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm interested in hearing as well.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Interesting fellow-J.B.-who runs Accuflite. Thinks the sun rises and sets on the 6.5-284. I know the smith that does his work and I think he still does. He is better than good.

Addition: He-J.B.-also refuses to believe a Nula can shoot consistently and accurately because they are full length bedded. FWIW

Last edited by battue; 11/13/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bought some parts from him, great to deal with and prompt service.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I had a Sako rebarreled by Accuflight and the service and quality were very good and the turn around time was excellent. He's not the cheapest guy on block, however.

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by battue
Interesting fellow-J.B.-who runs Accuflite. Thinks the sun rises and sets on the 6.5-284. I know the smith that does his work and I think he still does. He is better than good.

Addition: He-J.B.-also refuses to believe a Nula can shoot consistently and accurately because they are full length bedded. FWIW

I have heard he has some weird opinions. I am also not sure about the "secret" gunsmith.

Dink

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by atomchaser
I had a Sako rebarreled by Accuflight and the service and quality were very good and the turn around time was excellent. He's not the cheapest guy on block, however.

Did you use a factory barrel or a custom barrel when they rebarreled your rifle?

Dink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dink,

I work only 10 minutes from AccuFlite Arms & can tell you they do no gunsmithing in-house, its all done by "subcontracted" gunsmiths.

Dave Bruno does 99% of all the barrel/chambering work for AccuFlite - he is very good at what he does!!

PM me & I can get you his contact information.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Dave Bruno has done two customs for me,along with some other work. His work is first rate.
Ron

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If no gunsmithing, what does Accuflite actually do?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They don't get much better than Dave. Has made more than a few top flight BR rifles and is better than good himself on the trigger. You don't have to worry about the "secret" smith if Dave is doing the work.

Last edited by battue; 11/14/12.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by setch
If no gunsmithing, what does Accuflite actually do?

Markets his product, but subs the work out. J.B. is also big on Walther barrels with a front diameter that "bells" out the last inch or so.

Addition: Unless he is BSing me, J.B. does extensive load workup before a rifle leaves his shop. Sometimes he will have group after group with different loads until he gets it right. His rifles usually wear a big high end Euro. I don't think they balance that well, but he thinks I'm nuts for using little Leupolds.

Last edited by battue; 11/14/12.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
battue:

*You are correct - JB owns the shop & markets his products as well as everything Sako. He does love his Walther barrels with their reverse taper - he uses nothing but Walther on his builds.

*He does like the Euro scopes especially the Swarovski brand, but he does work with other brands also.

*He runs a very good shop - his prices are a little high, but when you leave, you'll be happy with wat you got.

*He does do load development on his rifles as well as break them in - he provides test tragets with his rifles. His rifles will shoot & JB is no slouch behind the trigger himself!!

*Dave Bruno is an EXCELLENT gunsmith - his chamber work is highly regarded!

Last edited by 300MAG; 11/15/12.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sako factory barrel. He apparently was able to get one directly from Sako.

Originally Posted by DINK

Did you use a factory barrel or a custom barrel when they rebarreled your rifle?

Dink

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Sako factory barrel. He apparently was able to get one directly from Sako.

Originally Posted by DINK

Dink

I received two emails from them on this. The first they priced a factory barrel for $295 and a finnlight barrel for $499.

Today I get one that says for a simple rebarrel with factory tube it's $1250.

Any idea which one is correct?

I know I should call them but I have been stuck in training all week.

Dink

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

125 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 35, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,371 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,264
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.