-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got two dozen eggs in "english pub" brine!

Now, to hurry up and WAIT!! (GRIN!)

Virgil B.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Got two dozen eggs in "english pub" brine!

Now, to hurry up and WAIT!! (GRIN!)

Virgil B.

How were they?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Originally Posted by bucktail
Anyone tried using the brine from pickled jalapenos?

Yes, especialy good if you get the ones with carrots and cauliflower in it too. Get the #10 can size at Easter, put the peppers in something else and throw all the easter eggs in. Really good for deer camp! If they last.

I just use my wife's jalapeno pepper, garlic, dill pickle/okra juice. Three or four weeks is better, up to three months is great.

I'm gonna try this one. I have a huge jar of jalapenos in the pantry and I have no clue what it's for.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Anyone tried using the brine from pickled jalapenos?

Yes, especialy good if you get the ones with carrots and cauliflower in it too. Get the #10 can size at Easter, put the peppers in something else and throw all the easter eggs in. Really good for deer camp! If they last.

I just use my wife's jalapeno pepper, garlic, dill pickle/okra juice. Three or four weeks is better, up to three months is great.

I'm gonna try this one. I have a huge jar of jalapenos in the pantry and I have no clue what it's for.

Travis

It's for eatin, duh. grin

I'd be using them sumbiches in everything I can think of!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Travis,

Belive it or not, I'm STILL waiting...Gonna try one SOON!

Can't wait forever! (grin!)

Virgil B.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've used several different recipes and my own creativity, but I've always used hot liquid poured over romm temp eggs, seal the jar, let cool and then refrigerate for a week or two. It seems as though that helps the brine penetrate the egg. Now I'll have to try it both ways and see if it really makes any difference. (Make sure the jars are hot if you are going to pour hot liquid in them...)

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My personal favorite is when a jar of banana pepper rings is almost empty, dump as many boiled eggs is as you can fit. Let em sit a few weeks.

Best eggs I EVER had in my life were at my old local bar. Not sure if they ever dumped em out and added new, or how they cycled the jars, but they were beet eggs that sat up on the bar all the time. Had a good bit of horseradish in it.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm working on a jar right now that 's half dill pickle juice and half beet juice with some allspice and red pepper flakes thrown in for good measure. Damn tasty!
Still gonna try that english pub model soon as I can get to town and pick up a couple of ingredients I'm missing. Hopefully they'll be ripe enough to leave out for Santa come Christmas eve.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ours were always sweet and purple after riding in the jar after the beets were gone. Don't think I could stomach a dill or hot egg.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Splash of beet juice to turn them pink/purple.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
Ours were always sweet and purple after riding in the jar after the beets were gone. Don't think I could stomach a dill or hot egg.

Don't knock it till ya try it buddy.

PS,,, pretty much the same ingredients in pickle juice as "Pickled Beet" juice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Done
Three dozen English Pub Eggs (minus a couple I had to eat due to excess damage during the peeling process) in the frige and patiently waiting.

[Linked Image]

Worth mentioning is how good my kitchen smells after brewing up the pickling mixture. smile
Hope the eggs taste that good.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I made some with pickled beets and brown sugar. I was going to the english pub recipe, but I know my kids love this one and they were wanting more.

They're in the fridge, waiting...

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i put a egg- shell and all, in a old nacho slice jar..been there over a year....wife said yesterday that its time for me to man up....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I made some with pickled beets and brown sugar. I was going to the english pub recipe, but I know my kids love this one and they were wanting more.

Travis

I like em in Beet juice too. Never added Brown Suger though. Sounds good.
I've still got a few in the Beet Juice jar but not enough to hold me till these ripen. Better send me some of yours to tide me over. smile

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
How many eggs will fit in a half gallon jar? My jalapeno's are almost all gone. Should I add onion and garlic? anything else?

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many eggs will fit in a half gallon jar? My jalapeno's are almost all gone. Should I add onion and garlic? anything else?

I can get ten to twelve (depending on the size of the eggs) in the quart jar I use for Beet Juice eggs so I'd try one of those eighteen packs. That should leave room for a little garlic and onion if ya deceide to use some.
Let us know how they turn out.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Travis

I like em in Beet juice too. Never added Brown Suger though. Sounds good.
I've still got a few in the Beet Juice jar but not enough to hold me till these ripen. Better send me some of yours to tide me over. smile

I got the recipe from BGG. They're fabulous.

Travis

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'm salivating just reading this thread. I've gotta pickle some eggs this weekend...

B
B
As good as pickled eggs are--however you do 'em--they just get infinitely better with some ice cold dark beer and some salt and pepper. Makes no difference if it's 90 above zero or 30 below--good no matter what. And, even better, around my house, I'm the onliest one who likes 'em so I get to eat them all!! Same with fried chicken gizzards, but that's another story....

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,474
Posts18,471,489
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.