Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
bsa -

I'd demand a refund. wink

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I use those lousy blems in just about everything I own also, When they are available anyway.

It looks like that bullet was so weak it went through that side, bounced off the other side skin and came back out the same hole.
Which unit were you hunting?

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Sheister
Yeah, I use those lousy blems in just about everything I own also, When they are available anyway.

It looks like that bullet was so weak it went through that side, bounced off the other side skin and came back out the same hole.
Which unit were you hunting?

Bob

Hood/white river unit. I had 1 of the 43 tags issued.....The bullet passed thru both sides. No problemo... grin. Very minimal meat damage and no complaints by me anyway....Couldnt get to the elk in time to ask its opinion grin whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Come to think of it, my bull this year fell to a .338 225grain NP also. The petals were just under the skin on the far side and the shank went clean through. Only damaged about a cup of meat as it went between the ribs and took out the lungs and the top of the liver.

Love those lousy old blems..... wink

Some really nice country in that unit. Hunted deer there a couple times but never elk. I've seen some dandys in that area though whilst doing other things....

Bob

Last edited by Sheister; 11/19/12.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice bsa cool

One must wonder why a person even bothers buy'n Nosler 2nds.... with such lousy performance laugh grin

I could not believe how they kilt animals just like there 'perfect' fancy packaged counterparts whistle

happiness is elbow deep in elk guts.
NRA life member
IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
You got the same kinds of crummy results I've gotten from their seconds smile

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Congratulations!

Those CZ's sure are shooters, I just picked up one of their rimfire rifles this weekend to practice with. Beautiful guns for the money.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy...
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CFVA
Congratulations!

Those CZ's sure are shooters, I just picked up one of their rimfire rifles this weekend to practice with. Beautiful guns for the money.

Oh, thank you my friend. It's not a nice pre 64 model 70, but it does a great job and functions flawlessly so I'm not too upset about it grin

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Both of my elk have fallen to partition blems. Mine have a cannulure on them.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You was ripped off, I would call Nosler and lodge a complaint about those bullets not shooting accurate enough and that elk didn't die fast enough or you can only eat up to the hole. Fooling around aside, looks like good solid no fuss no muss performance one expects from a Nosler Partition Bullet.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah, too bad ya didn't do that right. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'd try to do something about that awful vertical stringing. Maybe call Nosler and complain. After all it could have caused a miss at 1000 yds or so.

Last edited by super T; 11/20/12.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Partition's = Good Stuff.

Good job BSA.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks guys, in all reality the cartridge I was using was way over kill as far as I'm concerned. Guys like scenar shooter (pat), Brad, Mark Dobernski, Ignwe, BobinNH etc. etc. have proven that smaller cartridges kill just as well and It wouldn't have taken much to put one through the right spot just as in this cows case. I'm a firm believer in these Nosler Partitions for getting the job done, time and time again they just work!! I've been particularly impressed with these blemished partitions as well and keep a pretty good stock pile of them (thanks Shooter's Pro Shop!!!!!). I look forward to hunting a big bull next year. Take care guys and have a great thanksgiving!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Well, I've been puting in for this cow elk tag for 6 years now and finally got it this year. They issued 43 tags for the 2 units that I could hunt in and I had my 9.3x62m mauser (CZ550 American) all dialed in with these 286 gr. Nosler blemished bullets. This is how these gawd awfull blemished bullets performed while developing a load for the old girl:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here's the rifle in question:
[Linked Image]

Today was the second day of the hunt, now I'm pissed my hunt is over because of these danged blemished partitions wink......
[Linked Image]

......I would show a picture of the damn blemished partition but I couldn't find it........ whistle grin

GOOD GOD MAN! You settle for that kind of accuracy and bullet performance???

You're awfully easy to please. smirk

Salivating just thinking about all that excellent meat in the freezer. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yeah! Those stupid 9.3 blems. They take all the work out of load development. I find awesome loads so quickly, I run out of reasons to keep looking for better, more accurate loads.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a real shame those junk bullets would shoot. Fortis should be on here telling you guys about them LOL. I'm just Peeved because they don't currently have a caliber I need.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congrats and good shootin' BSA!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yah- Partitions are good for nothing but barrel break in... smile

Kidding- if my rifle likes em thats one of my go to's.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by GSSP
Yeah! Those stupid 9.3 blems. They take all the work out of load development. I find awesome loads so quickly, I run out of reasons to keep looking for better, more accurate loads.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Alan, I was going to try some big game powder but couldn't find any around here so I decided to give RE 15 a try since I had a few pounds of it laying around. One of these days I'll probably give that big game a try but the RE15 is easier for me to get my hands on locally. You are absolutely right about load development, I've been impressed with my CZ550 to say the least. Seems different powder charges only affect poi while group size stays roughly the same. I had the same problem with the 270 gr. speer bullet I had too. Your rifle is shooting lights out. Is that the pre 64 model 70 in the echols legend stock I'm always drooling over?

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

415 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 40 invisible), 1,814 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,412
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.